Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your poker iq?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Your PokerIQScore™ is 134!

Thank you for taking the No Limit Hold'em Test. Our analysis engine reports that you made all of the following mistakes at least three times each during the test:

* Playing too tight – pre-flop or post-flop

* Playing a weak hand - pre-flop or post-flop

* Playing too aggressively

* Passive Play - calling when a raise was called for

* Passive Play - checking when a bet should have been made

* Ignoring tendencies of your opponents

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Never have I ran so good but got so many coolers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mantlefan

I can't seem to get it to load. It says loading and then stops somewhere between 25 and 99%. I've got the newest flash.

This is too bad, sounds like something that could be useful or entertaining for me. :(

Any suggestions?

What a first post, but I guess I needed an incentive to get going.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭blainj2

Ste05 wrote: »
    I did the test twice, and I don't think it's possible to play that QQ hand profitably without getting stacked. So I hope they don't mark you down for getting stacked, in fact I'd prefer if they marked you down for NOT getting stacked.

I think it might do this as the first time i done it i got it all in with QQ and the second time round i folded on the flop to see if it made a difference. All my other decisions were basically the same apart from some better value betting on the river with some hands and i got 4 points lower the second time round!!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Headspace

Got 117. Folded QQ pre due to running into a similar situation a few days ago. These training sites must be cleaning up, how many are there now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

i folded ak, and i got stacked with queens

i also won with my jacks...... am i the only one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Headspace wrote: »
    Got 117. Folded QQ pre due to running into a similar situation a few days ago. These training sites must be cleaning up, how many are there now
    With testimonies from such well known pros as Ben C 'BowDownTx' I'd say the creators of this site are rolling in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Gillybean72

I got 105..
    was good craic though.

Dear Gill,

Thank you for taking the No Limit Hold'em Test. Your PokerIQScore is . Our analysis engine reports the following overall details about your game:

The greatest overall strength in your game is River Play. You are better than97.04% of all people in this area. You have the ability to profit significantly from this skill. Continue to take advantage of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭SuperHans

Score of 125. Best part of my game is knowing the odds. Worst part is my strategic play. Obviously didn't pay enough attention to the players names :)
    Called the preflop reraise with the queens and checkfolded the flop. Don't really know why. Folded the jacks pre also.

"In order for us to analyze your game and give you the best advice, we require that players vary their play.
    It appears that you went "All-In" over 40 times in the 50 hands. Our only advice we can give you is that it is not a good strategy to go all-in this much.
    Work on varying your play and come back and try our test again. If you believe you reached this message in error,
    please contact us"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Your PokerIQScore™ is 114

Lost me stack in the QQ hand.
    Thought about folding the 3 bet but cold called and crai the flop.

Played WAAAY too aggresive

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Got 127 though lil test ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Conbro

anyone else get stacked w/ qq?

Yep. Flat called his 3 bet pf and went broke on a 10 high flop. 125 was my score

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

Anyone else find that shockingly boring?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭modmuffin

I got 118

I got stacked playing JJ too aggro

think ill do it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

i tilted on it - god i gotta address it if tilting on a simulated game - lol

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Brando_ie

Thank you for taking the No Limit Hold'em Test. Your PokerIQScore is 119

The greatest overall strength in your game is Bet Size. You are better than 99.76% of all people in this area. You have the ability to profit significantly from this skill. Continue to take advantage of it!

The greatest overall area for improvement in your game is Bluffing

Got kinda boring and I started getting all concerned about my stack FFS.... WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Wow, I got outscored by everyone and I thought I did ok, I had $4800 when the test finished, Peter Pro or whatever his name was got me with aces. Otherwise I would have done better. 94 I was given. Pathetic obviously going by the other scores but I am an online cash donk at holdem so no surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

There were a few dubious hands. One that sticks out for me is the "Tricky" player who limped with K5 and called my big raise to flop two pair!

It wasn't very tricky of him... just retarded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

The site is complete arse. It looks a bit dated. How long has it been up and running?

The first time I played it I scored 119. I check folded the QQ post-flop and folded the Jacks pre-flop. Not sure if either was the right play tbh. Probably not since people who stacked off scored higher.

There were some other interesting hands like the AJ on the 3-3-9 flop where I c-bet and then CRAI on the turn which worked out.

I stacked off against loose larry with AT after I squeezed from the BB and hit an AQJ flop. He slow-plays AQ on the flop which is pretty unusual.

I bluffed the very last hand with 8 high after more than half the table check to me on the J-6-3 flop then Tough Tiffany raises me and I 3 bet shove with nothing. She folds.

Most if not all of the players don't really live up to their names.

So the second time I play it I just play like a total calling station to try and see what cards everyone was playing and a lot of the time the hands just make no sense at all. I still ended up scoring 108 and they told me they could make me $2444 more per year but when I scored 119 they could make me over $2900 more per year.

Could anyone who buys this software please send me their online usernames.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,131 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

NickyOD wrote: »
    The site is complete arse. It looks a bit dated. How long has it been up and running?

Created in October 07 and was altered in February 08.

You're right in saying the site looks dated though, it looks like one of those retro plain html pages from a few years ago.
    When compared to say Poker VT or the Cardrunners set up, it just comes across as though there was f*ck all money put into the site design.

I also wouldn't be too pushed about paying for a site that cites testimonials from online players that don't even exist. Testimonials plastered all over the site in itself is cheesy and outdated, nevermind the horrific design.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

The QQ hand is a definite stacking off hand. Out of all the people on the table the "pro" (who obviously should be read as an internet cash pro, and not a Live Donkament Pro since it's an on-line Poker training site and it's a cash table) should have a looser 3-betting range especially as we'd have a VPiP of over 50 on the table with how we've been running. If he was described as Nit Nigel maybe put Pro Peter should mean he knows he should be 3-betting lighter against our LAG style.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

The QQ hand is a definite stacking off hand. Out of all the people on the table the "pro" (who obviously should be read as an internet cash pro, and not a Live Donkament Pro since it's an on-line Poker training site and it's a cash table) should have a looser 3-betting range especially as we'd have a VPiP of over 50 on the table with how we've been running. If he was described as Nit Nigel maybe put Pro Peter should mean he knows he should be 3-betting lighter against our LAG style.

Id say your thinking 6 levels above the guys who made the site on that hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭mormank

lol. i went on monkey tilt half way through after a guy flopped a set against me...he played it so strangely...then i got over it only to go on tilt again later on, i mean everytime i had a hand they had a better one!! BS. i made it all back tho later on when i flopped a house with 7 3 :D

what i learned from this-maybe i have a tilt problem!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

mdwexford wrote: »
    Id say your thinking 6 levels above the guys who made the site on that hand.
    LOL, probably very true... :rolleyes:

@ mantlefan,

A quick question for you:

Do you have any affiliation to that site?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

LOL I found myself thinking that as I was doing it.
    haha, I'm open raising nearly every other hand, they must see me as a maniac....oh :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

102 for mise and what a run of cards. I score better when card dead.....

Did fold the JJ (standard)
    Did push AIPF with the QQ (standard too me thinks)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

104 1st time, 120 2nd time, and I'm only a pub tourney donk!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭blainj2

mormank wrote: »
    lol. i went on monkey tilt half way through after a guy flopped a set against me...he played it so strangely...then i got over it only to go on tilt again later on, i mean everytime i had a hand they had a better one!! BS. i made it all back tho later on when i flopped a house with 7 3 :D

what i learned from this-maybe i have a tilt problem!!

How did you get paid off on that hand? Ive played the hand twice, first time slowly and second time fast and not got anything worth mentioning from it both times! Or maybe ur just happy that you flopped a house with 73? Anybody else get anything worth mentioning out of that hand if so how did you play it?

Advertisement