Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your poker iq?

Options
  • 28-05-2008 8:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭

Another coaching site has opened up. This one appears to be taking a enw approach. The demo test is full ring:

http://www.testyourpoker.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Damn I run good in that game!....I got 127...hope thats not embarrasingly low.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Better than me. I got 111 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

On my first go I got 102!

133 on my second attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

I want Tight Ted to do it "Jesus I never saw a hand!"
    Oh, and Amazing Allen is a pr1ck, I nearly challenged him HU4rollz before I suddenly realised where I was.
    And in case anyone wondered open pushing all in every hand gives a score of 56 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

On my first time playing I tried to bluff everyone. The best hand was when I bluffshoved the AQ over Tricky timmys bet and he snap called with the K5 which he'd limped preflop. Very tricky play alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Got 137 and it says i am great at turn play lolerz, now if only i could run that good in a real game

Our analysis engine reports the following overall details about your game:

The greatest overall strength in your game is Turn Play. You are better than97.07% of all people in this area. You have the ability to profit significantly from this skill. Continue to take advantage of it!

The greatest overall area for improvement in your game is Responding to Opponents' Tendencies

EDIT stacked off qq into aa and jj into kk though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Hawk Eye

got 127, pro peter doesn't seem that great must be a live pro..

Hawk Eye wrote: »
    got 127, pro peter doesn't seem that great must be a live pro..

yeah plays way too tight, i got moat of my chips of loose larry what a fish and tough tiffany is an idiot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Hawk Eye

think i had a 5.5k stack within 50 hands seems about right:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Got 120

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

129 on my 1st (and only) attempt - would be nice to get such a run of cards on a cash table!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

only got 109, then i went back and did it as a pisstake, basically getting to 15k in chips(if u refresh it goes back to the last save point, every 5 hands) and i ended up getting 93... oh yeah!!!!

The greatest overall strength in your game is Responding to Opponents' Tendencies. You are better than92.56% of all people in this area. You have the ability to profit significantly from this skill. Continue to take advantage of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

"INCREASE YOUR WINNINGS BY OVER $2444 PER YEAR!"

"This is based on a scientific estimate of the benefit of improving on the specific errors and patterns detected in your game by our analyzer."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

• Registered Users Posts: 36,131 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The greatest overall strength in your game is Bluffing. You are better than99.42% of all people in this area. You have the ability to profit significantly from this skill. Continue to take advantage of it!

woot, you get an email.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Jaysus, running good is fun. 131.

EDIT: How does one get the comments about your biggest strength?

you have to have written in an email address

i want hh from someone who got high. i tried again there, got lower, maybe because i was folding cause i knew i would be beaten :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

anyone else get stacked w/ qq?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,131 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    anyone else get stacked w/ qq?

yeah, over here.

• Advertisement

the real question is did anyone here actually fold qq in their first time? i think its probably a bad fold :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Easy fold the second time, jj was quite foldable the first time. won't tell me my score if I do it again! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

I 4bet/called w/QQ

JJ was easy fold

The greatest overall strength in your game is Adjusting for Position. You are better than97.64% of all people in this area. You have the ability to profit significantly from this skill. Continue to take advantage of it!

The greatest overall area for improvement in your game is Bluffing

stfu

You could learn from me. :pac:

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    I 4bet/called w/QQ

JJ was easy fold

The greatest overall strength in your game is Adjusting for Position. You are better than97.64% of all people in this area. You have the ability to profit significantly from this skill. Continue to take advantage of it!

The greatest overall area for improvement in your game is Bluffing

stfu

Basically they are saying your a nit lol:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Dont try lim RR KK :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Blip

102....first time round folding QQ is geay, I dont think the pro played another hand after that? or maybe he did and I just folded.

So the real question is who's sighing up?

look at your score Blip!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Yuh. AIPF. I shoved over the 3 bet.

+1. I also 4bet cold/called with ak vs kk. oops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭dvdfan

105 not too good me thinks, pushed QQ preflop aswell, did nobody outdraw him:D Did anyone call and see a flop, didnt want to with calling cassy calling the 3bet?

Folded JJ after unknown 3bet and OR UTG flat called.

Didnt get any action with my 73 FH or set of 8's:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

I did the test twice, and I don't think it's possible to play that QQ hand profitably without getting stacked. So I hope they don't mark you down for getting stacked, in fact I'd prefer if they marked you down for NOT getting stacked.

I folded the AK v KK hand (I assume that's the one with an EP raise and a 3-bet before you from 2 tight players??) and also folded the JJ hand too.

Also, I misclicked in the KK UTG hand and limped by mistake, 5 way pot or whatever and of course the "Pro" guy hit a set on the flop, I liked that touch, I think he folded the first time when I raised it PF??

Advertisement