Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June Temperature Forecast/Analysis

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

I thought I read somewhere that the station at Dublin Airport was relocated in the recent past to a cooler spot and that current temperatures are being compared with averages obtained in the old location and that this was the reason the temperature deviations there are regularly more negative than anywhere else. Can anybody confirm this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    I thought I read somewhere that the station at Dublin Airport was relocated in the recent past to a cooler spot and that current temperatures are being compared with averages obtained in the old location and that this was the reason the temperature deviations there are regularly more negative than anywhere else. Can anybody confirm this?
    While I can't supply proof, I know this is the case.
    This is why the averages would be better not on the website.

You could drop into your neighbours and ask them why :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Mothman wrote: »
    While I can't supply proof, I know this is the case.
    This is why the averages would be better not on the website.

You could drop into your neighbours and ask them why :)

Are there not some international met standards that only allow comparisons against values recorded on consistent sites? Or are there some anti-Global Warming people at work there :p?

(Although I've walked past the Met Office on numerous occasions I've never actually looked inside. I must try it sometime although I assume I'd just be met by a receptionist at a desk. (Although I think somebody mentioned a bookshop?))

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    Are there not some international met standards that only allow comparisons against values recorded on consistent sites? Or are there some anti-Global Warming people at work there :p?
    In their monthly summary and Monthly Bulletins, Met Eireann don't put in the long term mean temperature. The only place I've seen it on their monthy data page

BTW, overall mean still 12.9C

• Registered Users Posts: 14,361 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Looks like there could be a 25 or 26 C reading around this weekend to push the average and the monthly extreme up a little, but not a lot of upward drift for the average, perhaps 13.3 or so?

Early July looking quite warm too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Stats up to midnight 25th:
    OIM: 13.0c. D.F.A: -0.1c
    OMR: 77.8mm. 121.6%
    OMP: 1015.5 mb. D.F.A +0.2mb

Overall mean down to 12.9C. Will probably finish at 13.0 or 13.1C due to mild night rather than warm days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I'm praying to the sun god right now for a rise of at least 0.16c :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Bit chilly here today, at most 12.8 I'd say.
    :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Final figure is an unsure 13.2c. This will depend on a Mullingar final value of 12.5c+. Either way, CH is the closest at 0.4c out, while Gurramok comes second being 0.5c out. Congrats to both. :)

Overall monthly rainfall for the 10 stations totals up at 97.2mm, which equates to 152.1% of normal, wettest the further south and west ya go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Wow, I won something.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all those who have supported me over the years.
    My father who walked out on me.
    My mother who stole my millions.
    But most of all, I'll miss you scarecrow.

Sniffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,361 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

That was beautiful. Unlike the weather.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Ha! Liked it!

Advertisement