Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Shocking! - Car robbery attempt, burned instead!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Fcuk me, absolutely sickened for the bloke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

What does your insurance cover?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

What the f*ck! :mad::mad::mad:

Hope these people are caught and burned at the stake..

jealous fookin eejits.
    death isn't good enough

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

ClioV6 wrote: »
    What the f*ck! :mad::mad::mad:

Hope these people are caught and burned at the stake..

jealous fookin eejits.
    death isn't good enough
    apparently it was a rare kind of an Evo. The cnuts if i ever caught them I'd dance there face into the ground, blow the 2 knees off them aswel. lousy on the chap who ones the cars. There was a pueguet burned as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

absolutely disgusting... hate reading stuff like this :(

cross my fingers for him - apparently he has an eye witness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

HungryJoey wrote: »
    http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=204925

His Evo 6 Extreme(1 of 4 ), RS4 & 205 destroyed.
    1 of 4! I didn't think it was that rare. I read on another forum that there was armed Gardai at the entrance to the estate as Bertie Ahern lives there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Poor guy. I've had my car broken into numerous times before. Thank god they never managed to steal it OR burn it out for that matter. But it makes you feel insecure afterwards.

To whoever done this, their balls + a bench vice. It's the final solution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

While a feel for the guy can ask a genuine question, what does he expect? A car like that will be a huge magnet for trouble, anywhere in the country. Anyone who buys a car like that can expect grief, it is a pity, but a fact of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

what does he expect? A car like that will be a huge magnet for trouble, anywhere in the country. Anyone who buys a car like that can expect grief, it is a pity, but a fact of life.

Yeah, the guys who did this are dead right. I'm never going to get a nice car like that, sure your only tempting the poor underprivileged car robbers, in fact your getting them in to trouble.

Cop on Stevie Dakota. The owner has every right to buy what car he likes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Steady Lightening, did I say the criminals were right? Of course he has the right to buy whatever he likes, but he has to be cognisent of the potential consequences. I know quite a guy who declined a BMW 6 series convertable because he didn't want the grief that may come his and his families way at 3am.

As I said, its a fact of life. Scumbags will always come for these cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I wouldn't sleep at ngiht owning those cars, knowing they were on a public road.

You need to be able to garage those puppies - It's a sad state, but true (imho)

What's the story with the special edition EVO? Higher spec or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Some questions have popped into my head...

Why take the evo when the Rs4 is clearly the better of the two.
    Why is the Audi parked there, of all places?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Why is the Audi parked there, of all places?

LOL was waiting for someone to say it. I await the PC brigade response "RS4 should have been clamped" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

fletch wrote: »
    1 of 4! I didn't think it was that rare. I read on another forum that there was armed Gardai at the entrance to the estate as Bertie Ahern lives there too.

Where they on duty ? Where were they when this happened ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭Ferris

Most VAG cars have a good immobiliser system, basically pointless trying to rob one unless you have the keys.

Steady Lightening

Yeah, I got all excited there... Didn't mean to sound so smart. The car didn't have the ECU in place, they got frustrated and burnt it out.

"if I can't have it, neither can you" Stupid cnuts wouldn't even be able to drive a car like that properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

If caught they should be tied by their ankels and wrists to the back of two cars facing opposite directions and let the owner and another drive off very slowly. When they eventually split, what's left should be driven around whatever sh!t hole estate they came from, for all their mates to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

WHITE_P wrote: »
    If caught they should be tied by their ankels and wrists to the back of two cars facing opposite directions and let the owner and another drive off very slowly. When they eventually split, what's left should be driven around whatever sh!t hole estate they came from, for all their mates to see.
    :D lol I like your style. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

WHITE_P wrote: »
    +1.

Unfortunately this is part and parcel of owning good and rare cars. I feel gutted for those poor cars just looking at them, so you can only imagine how bad it must be for the owner.

Welcome to Ireland, land of céad míle fáilte and lovely people:mad::rolleyes:!

It's time that cars had their own blackbox and CCTV system so that the cnuts that did this are caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

For those who were enquiring, the Evo 6 Extreme was a limited edition model of the Evo 6. They made 50 of them. So far as I've seen they were available with 2 colour schemes. One was white car with red spoiler, side skirts, and front splitters, and the other was silver car with black spoiler, skirts and splitters. It had Extreme decals on the wings. The normal Evo 6 had around 276bhp, the Extreme had 350bhp, lightened, full 4 point racing harnass, different bucket seats that are kind of rally style, and larger brembo brakes with the ABS removed to give a more direct feel.
    I longed after one for years! Never saw one. They seemed to escape much public attention. Not as "famous" if you like as the Impreza 22B was, despite that being made for the Jap market only, and 424 of them.
    So, ya... insurance is not much of a replacement for that car!
    I think we need to go the way of England where the driveway is a retractable lift.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

fletch wrote: »

Holy sh!t?? Are you serious?? Was it in Beresford/The Copse????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

As terrible as it is lads, and it is absolutely sh!te, I can't see the Guards giving this any more attention than a Micra and a Corsa being burned out. It's a pity but probably true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Biro wrote: »
    For those who were enquiring, the Evo 6 Extreme was a limited edition model of the Evo 6. They made 50 of them. So far as I've seen they were available with 2 colour schemes. One was white car with red spoiler, side skirts, and front splitters, and the other was silver car with black spoiler, skirts and splitters. It had Extreme decals on the wings. The normal Evo 6 had around 276bhp, the Extreme had 350bhp, lightened, full 4 point racing harnass, different bucket seats that are kind of rally style, and larger brembo brakes with the ABS removed to give a more direct feel.
    I longed after one for years! Never saw one. They seemed to escape much public attention. Not as "famous" if you like as the Impreza 22B was, despite that being made for the Jap market only, and 424 of them.
    So, ya... insurance is not much of a replacement for that car!
    I think we need to go the way of England where the driveway is a retractable lift.

But his one is an Evo 6 Extreme RS450, I thought even more rare? Can't remember where I read it now!:o

EDIT: ahh, the 450 is not bhp, but the torque figure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

seems mad that knacks can gain access to an estate and set fire to 2 or 3 cars as easily as this...

was there not security gates?

cars like this need to be garaged from our scumbag society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

All performance cars need their own digital CCTV system(one that is very good at resisting fire obviuosly) that can clearly and readily identify individuals that are up to this sort of behaviour.

I'm normally the last person to encourage nanny state-ism but on this occasion it really is needed.

You see the trouble for the the guy with the lovely Evo, RS4 and the 205 GTi is that nobody did the "lethal" offence of speeding, so our nutter Government/RSA etc will do SFA about these type of crimes while the "real killers" who go over the speed limit must be hunted down night and day with speed cameras, lower speed limits etc:mad::rolleyes:.

cars like this need to be garaged from our scumbag society.

Scumbags need to be jailed from our car society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

lightening wrote: »
    Scumbags need to be jailed from our car society.

Oh gas them...

how much for a evo extreme, I never even heard of one! and im pretty versed on all things automotive.

really feel sorry for that lancer.. whatever about the audi

scumbags are everywhere unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

E92 wrote: »
    All performance cars need their own digital CCTV system(one that is very good at resisting fire obviuosly) that can clearly and readily identify individuals that are up to this sort of behaviour.

I'm normally the last person to encourage nanny state-ism but on this occasion it really is needed.

You see the truoble for the OP is that nobody did the "lethal" offence of speeding, so our nutter Government/RSA etc will do SFA about these type of crimes while the "real killers" who go over the speed limit must be hunted down night and day with speed cameras, lower speed limits etc:mad::rolleyes:.
    I agree, lets look at the bigger picture here. If a criminal gets caught setting fire to a car, he probally won't go to jail, previous offences or not.
    They catch me speeding, no NCT or no tax they take my car away from me.
    (not quite but you get the picture).
    The Motorist. Just an easy target.

Advertisement