Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for players, or a game? Post here...No phone numbers in this thread please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

I'm trying to get into football again this season. Haven't played since U16's and I'm now 18 so looking for a senior team.

Just curious to if any 11-aside teams are looking for players. I am from Walkinstown but I wouldn't mind travelling for a team. I'm pure desperate lol

Just to add. Would Like a sunday league team or Saturday.

Also I've a players player and Player of the year award from Castle Celtic U15's and was captain if that makes any difference

Also can play pretty much everywhere on the pitch including GK but haven't played there since U12's

• Registered Users Posts: 39 evster

Hi.

If anyones looking for a player mid week for 5 a side in the city centre (like the sports hall at Trinity etc) I'd love a game.
    Or at the weekends I'll play 11 a side as a goalkeeper if needed (depending on location, north Dublins better).

Playing once or twice a week at the moment and used to be a decent keeper, looking for more games. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 raz9511

Hi,

would be up for some football. im 26, Dublin based, used to play defender for a long time in my (swedish) youth..
    give me a shout if you are looking for an extra player, just for fun or more organized.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 canabuda

Just wondering does any know any 5 a side tournaments coming up that me and my work friends could enter on the south side of Dublin .. thx

• Registered Users Posts: 15 colin31

Goalkeeper required for UCFL division 1 side. We are based in dublin 13 & have matches on saturday afternoon's & train twice a week

We have excellent training facilities & pitch with own dressing rooms

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 famed45

Need a player for 5-a-side 2mo morning, Sportsco, 11am.

Casual game, and no world beaters on show.

PM if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Having a match with a few mates in Pearse Park Crumlin tomorrow at 2. Just drop down and you will have a game

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Spiritofthekop

Any goalkeepers interested in playing a game tonight?

11 a side Astro league Cup Knockout match @ St Colmcilles @ 9pm Friday 1st of March

Match duration 1 hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭affroman69

HI,

Lorcan Celtic are holding a 5 a side football tournament on the weekend of the 16/17th July. Its 7 on a team and 70euro per team. You are guaranteed at least 3 matches in the group stages and more if you progress. If there is anybody interested in entering a team for this please e-mail me at lorcanceltic@live.ie ...Lorcan Celtic are based in Santry, Dublin 9. Our pre-season has just got under way and we train on Tuesday and Thursday 7-9 and all new players of all abilities are welcome. So if your looking to get back into playing football drop me a pm or an email!

Cheers for your time!!

WWW.LORCANCELTICFC.COM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Looking to join a 5 a side or 7 a side team in north Dublin area, I live in Raheny.
    I'm playing at the moment in a Clontarf astroturf league, Pm me if you're looking for players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Amaru KGB

I just moved to Ballincollig Cork and would like to keep up a bit of ball so if anyone needs a player give me a PM, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Easy123

Looking for 1or2 players for a weekly 5a side in Glasnevin. Average standard young and old welcome. every Wednesday 7-8 pm me if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Gary4279

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Fol20

CORK: Iv set up a boards group for games of astro turf in cork..PM if your interested in playing. Were looking for medium or high standard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭blodvyn

Hi all recently moved to dublin to take a job.

I'm looking for a strong team, I used to play 5 nights a week back home and then 2 games on the weekends, but haven't played in about 3 months since the move.

I'm slightly lacking in fitness, but now that i'm settled in my new job and routine im looking to play again, i work mon-fri 9-5 so training and weekend matches are not a problem.

I'm 26 and play centre mid.

I'm looking for a good 11 side team, preferably in the south of dublin, ranaleagh, dundrum, monkstown ect ect.

That said i'd happily play some 5/7 A-side footy in the evenings.

Would love a game 2nyt / 2mor / this weekend if anything is happening drop me a pm and i'll gladly travel around the sth side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MFTC2011

Hi All,

I'm looking for lads to play in a regular friendly 5-a-side game in Cork City. Two games available. Mondays & Thursdays 7-8pm.
    If Interested drop me a PM.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭rovers2001

Hi lads
    Any over 35s teams out there looking for friendlies pm me.We are based on Dublins northside.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

I'm looking for some 5/6/7-a-side football this summer (or just astro-turf soccer that won't give me a heart attack after about 3 years of little exercise). I can see there's a boards.ie team (but I have no idea how to access it).

Generally wondering if there's any teams out there or anyone wanting to set up a team for regular enough matches. I live in Ringsend but to play anywhere in the city would be grand for me.

I'm attempting to get fit again but jogging etc. isn't really inspiring me to action. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

I'm looking for some 5/6/7-a-side football this summer (or just astro-turf soccer that won't give me a heart attack after about 3 years of little exercise). I can see there's a boards.ie team (but I have no idea how to access it).

Generally wondering if there's any teams out there or anyone wanting to set up a team for regular enough matches. I live in Ringsend but to play anywhere in the city would be grand for me.

I'm attempting to get fit again but jogging etc. isn't really inspiring me to action. :p

I would also like to join a team and am in Ringsend. Back playing 5 a side for the last year and gaining back the fitness. Anyone else around this area that would be interested in starting a team?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Hardbreaks

My team Woodside Celtic (Ucfl Div 2B) are currently seeking players for the new season, particulary at Goalkeeper, Centre mid and Striker.

Pre season training is Tuesdays and Thursdays @ 7 in Ballyogan and Saturdays @11,

give me a message if interested,

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Gary4279

Looking for a team in South or Central Dublin for the new season. Preferably a Sunday team that train once or twice a week. Havn't Played competitive football for 2 years but my fitness levels are quite good. Used to play Right back but could slot in anywhere. PM me .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Are there any 11-a-side astro leagues in the Kildare area?

I'm quite a good striker, if I may say so myself, but due to work commitments, haven't been able to join a KDFL or Leinster Senior League team this season. I've played competitively since I was 8, now 24, and most recently played for Rino's Vancouver FC in the Vancouver Metro League Div1. I've a good level of fitness at the moment as I do quite a bit of running and 5-a-side once a week.

Craving 11-a-side football these days as I only get to play 5-a-side every friday; as I said, due to weekend work.

Anyway, if there are indeed 11-a-side leagues in, and around Kildare, that play matches mid-week and any teams are in need of a player please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Lenno

anything down in the clonmel area just got moved here for work any evening at all would suit doesnt seem to much on the forum when went searching unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 LukeKennedy

Have places available for Astro tonight 9pm @Postal United Club, Kiltipper, Tallaght.
    Shocking level!! so PM if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭FledNanders

Hi lads,
    I'm looking to get in to a team that plays the astro.ie league on Tuesday nights. Have played in a decent team in the league for the last 3 years but we're not renewing for the winter season.

I play mostly left back but also play left wing the odd time.

Send me a pm in any spaces out there, cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hi lads,
    I'm looking to get in to a team that plays the astro.ie league on Tuesday nights. Have played in a decent team in the league for the last 3 years but we're not renewing for the winter season.

I play mostly left back but also play left wing the odd time.

Send me a pm in any spaces out there, cheers!

pm sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 shishapangma

Hi, looking for one player to make up 10 for a five aside this evening @8pm in astropark tallaght, ok standard, competitive, send me a PM if u fancy a game, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭candyman

Hi,

Looking for a few extra players for a 7 a side in East Wall tonight @ 8 pm. Reasonable standard. PM me asap as need to make a call on the game before about 5 ish.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭mapera

We've a social game of football on thursdays 6pm in Dublin City Centre after work. We play indoors in st catherines of marrowbone lane, just off cork street.

Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Cuffe+St&daddr=Marrowbone+Ln&hl=en&sll=53.338285,-6.27496&sspn=0.013197,0.027509&geocode=Fc7dLQMdLHCg_w%3BFcjeLQMdtBCg_w&mra=ltm&vpsrc=0&t=h&z=15

Looking for a few players to bring up the numbers. Rough age is 25-40, standard, 'middlin'.

Costs about a fiver a week, PM if you're interested.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭mapera

mapera wrote: »
    We've a social game of football on thursdays 6pm in Dublin City Centre after work. We play indoors in st catherines of marrowbone lane, just off cork street.

Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Cuffe+St&daddr=Marrowbone+Ln&hl=en&sll=53.338285,-6.27496&sspn=0.013197,0.027509&geocode=Fc7dLQMdLHCg_w%3BFcjeLQMdtBCg_w&mra=ltm&vpsrc=0&t=h&z=15

Looking for a few players to bring up the numbers. Rough age is 25-40, standard, 'middlin'.

Costs about a fiver a week, PM if you're interested.

Cheers.

Hey guys, anyone else interested?... still looking for a few more players for a game of footy tomorrow after work (6pm city centre)

Advertisement