Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Outlet €80 off and free shipping this weekend..

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

jimbo78 wrote: »
    Great. Looking at tomorrow so maybe. Did you not get a tracking order by email?

I think you have to ring DPD/Interlink with your Dell customer number ,then dpd either give you a tracking id ,or they tell you there and then. To be honest ,if all their deliveries were as good as mine ,you wouldn't need to track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭tramoredude

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    With my 1330 ,I got an A4 organiser (Leather). Cloth for screen ,remotre for various functions slots into pccard slot.

Thats great to hear, I ordered a m1530 and I was worried I wouldnt get the remote and accesories...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

My delivery status on the Dell website says 'Your order is out for delivery' with Interlink. I haven't recieved a tracking number yet though. Is this normal? It'd just be handy to know when its coming.

When I got mine, I thing my status at first was "Your order has been dispatched", and then it changed to "Your order is out for delivery". I got it the same day as my delivery notification.
    I guess the dispatched one means it was collected by Interlink and brought to their warehouse, and the delivery one means the courier has it in the van and is on his way to you.

I reckon your one was loaded into the couriers van yesterday evening or whatever, and you'll get it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

There's some great deals there,been in the market for a new laptop recently.

1.I dont have a credit card.
    2.I paid off my for holiday this year

:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 rover2mondeo

Can anyone please help me to check if €500 delivered is good price for this system?
    DELL XPS M1330,1.66Gh,1024Mb Mem,120Gb HD,14W4L3J	 

Dell recommends Windows Vista Home Premium.

Base:	 	XPS M1330 CORE 2 DUO T5450 1.66GHz

CD/ RW:	 	8xDVD+/-RW Slim Slot-Load Drive 

Hard Disk Drive:	 	120GB HD (5400RPM)

MISC:	 	Primary 4-cell 37WHr Li-Ion Battery 

MISC:	 	Uk/Irish Internal Lightweight Keyboard (QWERTY)

MISC:	 	Intel 3945 WLAN Mini-Card EUR 

MISC:	 	Midnight Blue & 2.0 mega pixel Camera for CCFL 

MISC:	 	Vista OnLine Getting Started Guide (WW

MISC:	 	Assembley Mod GMA X3100 

MISC:	 	English/Irish Ship Accessories - Power Cord

MISC:	 	MS Vista Premium Logo Label NB (small

MISC:	 	Image Restore - Vista 

Memory:	 	1024MB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM (2x512)

Modem:	 	No Modem 

NoteBook Screen:	 	13.3 WXGA (1280x800) Display with TrueLife? 

Operating System:	 	English - Vista Home Premium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Darwin

It's just ok - you will need to upgrade the RAM to 2GB (you can do this cheaply by buying from shop4memory.ie or similar). The 4-cell battery won't be great either as the M1330 normally comes with a 6-cell. There's no dedicated graphics card - no problem if you're not planning on doing any light gaming. Finally this laptop can also be configured with a brighter and more expensive LED display but there's nothing wrong with CCFL tech. If you can upgrade the RAM yourself go for it, otherwise I would look for another model with 2GB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Soarer wrote: »
    When I got mine, I thing my status at first was "Your order has been dispatched", and then it changed to "Your order is out for delivery". I got it the same day as my delivery notification.
    I guess the dispatched one means it was collected by Interlink and brought to their warehouse, and the delivery one means the courier has it in the van and is on his way to you.

I reckon your one was loaded into the couriers van yesterday evening or whatever, and you'll get it today.

Yea, got it today. Using it at the mo. Very happy with it so far

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

Hmm i ordered a pc on friday got the temporary order ref number, i emailed them tuesday and got an email more or less saying your in a queue and you'll have to wait your turn. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

EyesOnly wrote: »
    Hmm i ordered a pc on friday got the temporary order ref number, i emailed them tuesday and got an email more or less saying your in a queue and you'll have to wait your turn. :(

to get a reply to the email or to get the laptop?

thats scary. need it next week!

It took 7-8 days for mine, if that helps. Can't see why it would be different for anyone else

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭chilli_pepper

It took 7-8 days for mine, if that helps. Can't see why it would be different for anyone else
    +1 be patient

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Boots09

Great offers here but a lot of the m1530's only seem to have cdrw drives!! Anyone buy one of these?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Boots09 wrote: »
    Great offers here but a lot of the m1530's only seem to have cdrw drives!! Anyone buy one of these?

If you click the link for the Machine Description you will find that nearly all have a DVD RW.
    If the page says DVD instead of CD/RW it's most likley a Blu Ray drive

Carrier Name: Interlink
    Status of delivery: Your order is currently with the carrier and a detailed status on your delivery should be available shortly.
    Packing Slip (Electronic Copy)

Your order has been dispatched as of 30/05/2008

cant seem to find any trace number. what does it look like. anybody received something like that before?

Spipov wrote: »
    cant seem to find any trace number. what does it look like. anybody received something like that before?

You don't get a trace number. You'll have it in 1-2 working days once its with the courier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

on again

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Plambey

hey spipov, my order is the exact same as urs except add another 5 months to the date! Order Date:31/10/2008Estimated Delivery Date (on or before this date):12/11/2008Actual Shipment Date:31/10/2008Carrier Name:InterlinkStatus of delivery:Your order is currently with the carrier and a detailed status on your delivery should be available shortly.

what was the story with yours after you got that message?

hey. if i remember correctly, it was actually with me in 4-5 days. been a while, but i didnt wait a very very long time...

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Plambey

hey. if i remember correctly, it was actually with me in 4-5 days. been a while, but i didnt wait a very very long time...

ah cheers for the prompt reply, yeh hopefully it'll be here soon, i'm itchin ta get my hands on it!! i heard i myt be able to ring interlink and give them my dell order number and they'll hook me up, havnt heard any confirmation if this is true or not but i'll give it a look! roll on my xps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Fergster

Hi All

Just a quick one to let you know that another Dell voucher code is starting Thursday, November
    13th.

Details as follows -

*Offer - 5% off all Studio, Inspiron and XPS orders over EUR899.00.
    *Start date - Thursday, November 13th 2008.
    *End date - Wednesday, November 19th 2008.
    *Code - W8X4SX?BGB3RCJ.

Enjoy
    d240e3d38a8882ecad8633c8f9c78c9b.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Tazer

Is it me or is there nothing left in the outlet?? I cant get anything to come up in the results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

There hasn't been a decent Dell sale or voucher or anything in 2008. Never had to look at other suppliers as much

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Tazer wrote: »
    Is it me or is there nothing left in the outlet?? I cant get anything to come up in the results.

not just you, the Irish Outlet site has had very little stock for the last number of months. The UK Outlet site has loads tho'. For inspiron notebooks, there are none on the Irish site and over 300 on the UK.

edit - I just rang the Irish outlet site. Two reasons - there aren't as many returns from Irish customers (either that's a good sign re quality, or they're not selling as many new systems in Ireland). The second one has more impact though - for technical reasons that they are working to resolve, they can't currently offer UK returned stock on the Irish site. The sales guy I spoke to said the he hoped that it would be resolved within the next 1-2 weeks.

Advertisement