Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Outlet €80 off and free shipping this weekend..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

jimbo78 wrote: »
    I'm looking at this:

Is it a good system?
    It normally costs €1400. Im getting it for €888 all in.
    Seems like a bargain

Ordered the same specced system myself a couple of weeks back. Should have it in a day or two (long story!).

Anyways, including EPP and 10% coupon, it comes in at €922 delivered. So you've definitely saved a few bob on it. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

chump wrote: »
    Crud, never got original email response - got a reference num. etc. but not the confirmation email.
    Sent them an email now.

got my confirmation today after 3 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

zod wrote: »

i sent them an email asking for confirmation, and they said order in process and confirm email will be sent - so should be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

they come with a standard one year warranty , i've never been able to find so much as a scuff .. in effect they are the same as new. as a bonus they usually thrown in speakers for free.

BTW for people buying desktops with no monitors, I was surprised at the good picture quality of this 20" lcd for €126

http://www.dabs.ie/ProductView.aspx?Quicklinx=4S41

Are there any more specs with the monitor I asked Dabs re: contrast and brightness months ago and they referred me to the manufacturer who never replied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

paddyp wrote: »
    Are there any more specs with the monitor I asked Dabs re: contrast and brightness months ago and they referred me to the manufacturer who never replied.

Nope .. seemed fine to me though .. maybe not if your going to use for gaming

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, I got my confirmation today too, now my order status is "Pre-production" which is odd, as I thought the item was already made!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Darwin

Yes, but often they are cancelled orders from other European countries, so they have to fit an Irish/UK keyboard. You can find out for sure if you have the service tag - my M1330 was a cancelled Dutch order!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Recieved my order confirmation today. On inspection though ,it looks like my drive is a CD/RW. Is this a common phrase for all drives on dell orders ,or would this mean I only get a CD/RW drive ?.The original system definetly had a DVD drive.:(
    Also I was certain there was a 8400 graphics card ,which there now doesnt seem to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

If your delivered PC doesn't match the specs you ordered on the Outlet contact customer care immediately and complain. They'll sort it out for you. They did for me away, and straight away, with no hassle.

Thanks Oracle ,I'm not really too bothered of small changes but the dvd drive is necessary for a lot of software these days.
    It's an xps 1330 I've ordered ,9CELL battery.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I seriously doubt it was a cd drive they shipped. DVD-RW drives are more or less standard these days.

I'm beginning to see this now ,looking at dells ordering process there is no cd/rw drive available. But the 8400GS graphics card is definetly not in my order.
    I'm not too bothered about the graphics card ,keep the heat down. Does vista need a fancy card in a laptop like the 1330 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

how long does it take to get delivered?anybody received theirs yet?thinking of buying one, but would need it delivered by next week as going on holidays then.... gift for the family back home

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Took a week for mine. I wouldn't have it until Monday, but I went to Interlink depot yesterday morning to collect.

Got my xps 1330 today;) ,very pleased with DPD delivery aswell.:)

Thanks OP ,sweet deal saving at least €400

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Online1

Does anyone have a direct number for dell ebay outlet.

I am trying these numbers since morning to pay for my laptop but getting a recorded message that the lines are closed.
    1850 200 791
    1850 200 778

Anyone any ideas?

Don't ring dell outlet ,they are really terrible on the phone. A girl with a foriegn accent was really rude to me ,told me to order again. I just said goodbye and I won't be ordering, she was so rude I was prepared to not bother.
    After sending an email ,I was contacted within a few hours with a polite email and apology for the delay ,I said nothing of my phonecall. My order was fine and I got a confirmation shortly afterwards.

The girl writing the email ,happened to have an Irish name also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

^^ Which email id did you use to contact dell?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Alvis

So for those of you who received your M1330 or M1530, did they come with the Creative earbuds that are meant to be standard?

• Advertisement

With my 1330 ,I got an A4 organiser (Leather). Cloth for screen ,remotre for various functions slots into pccard slot. The only reason I can see why my laptop was so cheap ,is because the original machine was suppose to have a 8400 graphics card.
    I can only presume the card was DOA for original order ,or it was causing trouble within the machine. It's a lovely machine though ,very soft to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    With my 1330 ,I got an A4 organiser (Leather). Cloth for screen ,remotre for various functions slots into pccard slot. The only reason I can see why my laptop was so cheap ,is because the original machine was suppose to have a 8400 graphics card.
    I can only presume the card was DOA for original order ,or it was causing trouble within the machine. It's a lovely machine though ,very soft to use.

Any visible scratches etc? Is it 'as new'?

No scratches ,machine is new . had to ring support because the bluetooth is not working. Dell have a screen sharing program now and the support guy was actually using my computer ,like he was right here.
    So theres a technician coming out to replace the bluetooth on the machine ,I'm happy enough with that to be honest.
    Great idea from dell ,to have a support person using the machine and downloading drivers and loading them.

Sounds good. Is seems foolish now buying off the normal Dell site when you can make fairly big savings on practically the same machines

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Just received the 17" laptop I ordered for my sister yesterday - it's an excellent laptop especially at €473 delivered. Did have one scratch on the case but not bothered with that - thanks OP!

Yoshytoshy - was the program the Dell technician used not Windows Remote Assistance or was it something similar but Dell's own software? I've gotten help that way in work before and it's dead handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

Just received the 17" laptop I ordered for my sister yesterday - it's an excellent laptop especially at €473 delivered. Did have one scratch on the case but not bothered with that - thanks OP!

Yoshytoshy - was the program the Dell technician used not Windows Remote Assistance or was it something similar but Dell's own software? I've gotten help that way in work before and it's dead handy.

frank, when did u order it?ive ordered one last night and im hoping against hope it comes in before next thursday, as im flying off and wanted to give this as a present to folk back home....

It was dell's software as far as I could make out ,an applet was onscreen showing a record of what the support guy was doing.

The most impressive thing I thought ,was the program re-loading itself after a reboot and the guy could resume from where he left off. He had full control over the security pop-ups of vista aswell:)
    Kaspersky internet security 7.0 ,didn't even blink during all of this

My delivery status on the Dell website says 'Your order is out for delivery' with Interlink. I haven't recieved a tracking number yet though. Is this normal? It'd just be handy to know when its coming.

I got an out for delivery status friday afternoon ,guy from interlink rang monday 8.30am to confirm someone would be around between 10-12am.
    I don't think they work on saturdays ,so I was impressed with the speed of them.

• Advertisement

Great. Looking at tomorrow so maybe. Did you not get a tracking order by email?

Advertisement