Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sitting on cars

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

The best thing to do* is sneak over without them noticing, and crawl int he driver's door. Put your seatbelt on and get ready, then start it and drop the clutch in one swift motion. Chuckle at the lying-down person in your rearview mirror :]

* - May or not be actual best thing to do. Always consult an attorney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

bobmeaney wrote: »
    I would make it my business to go out and tell them to fvck off. To avoid it happening, I often take fairly extreme measures when it comes to parking the car. Like, Ill park away from the entrance to a pub or entrance to a busy place.

I would say Im also fanatical about who I park next to. No sh*t boxes with body damage or people carriers. Reason being, people who have cars with dings all over usually have no respect for their car, and it follows that they would have zero for other peoples'. People carriers (or cars with baby seats) can have occupants who like to swing doors wide open when loading in.

I remember a couple of years back, I had to go to the removal of a friends father at the local funeral home. Coming back to the car with my mother, I see an avensis pull up with a car full of dried up ould wans. As I walk towards the car, I see (and hear) one of the rear passengers open their door, I typical old person fashion, and 'bang!' I hear metal to metal contact. I quicken my pace and once again another bang is heard, as the decrepit fool steadys herself on the door. I eventually got to the car and see a massive dent, with paint scratched right down to bare metal. I opened my mouth to roar at the b*stard, but my mam pipes up in the background "Keep moving, 'Oh hello Mr and Ms Kelly'". I nearly fvcking cried.

Reading that back it makes me sound a bit of a freak:o, but what can I say, I love my motor and do all I can to make sure it stays in good nick.

we are the same brother

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Tigger wrote: »
    we are the same brother

*embrace*

• Registered Users Posts: 19,779 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

bobmeaney wrote: »
    I would make it my business to go out and tell them to fvck off. To avoid it happening, I often take fairly extreme measures when it comes to parking the car. Like, Ill park away from the entrance to a pub or entrance to a busy place.

I would say Im also fanatical about who I park next to. No sh*t boxes with body damage or people carriers. Reason being, people who have cars with dings all over usually have no respect for their car, and it follows that they would have zero for other peoples'. People carriers (or cars with baby seats) can have occupants who like to swing doors wide open when loading in.

I remember a couple of years back, I had to go to the removal of a friends father at the local funeral home. Coming back to the car with my mother, I see an avensis pull up with a car full of dried up ould wans. As I walk towards the car, I see (and hear) one of the rear passengers open their door, I typical old person fashion, and 'bang!' I hear metal to metal contact. I quicken my pace and once again another bang is heard, as the decrepit fool steadys herself on the door. I eventually got to the car and see a massive dent, with paint scratched right down to bare metal. I opened my mouth to roar at the b*stard, but my mam pipes up in the background "Keep moving, 'Oh hello Mr and Ms Kelly'". I nearly fvcking cried.

Reading that back it makes me sound a bit of a freak:o, but what can I say, I love my motor and do all I can to make sure it stays in good nick.

can we start an association or a club,

its getting to the point where i dont like taking my car out!

i hate in a massive car park, when i goto the bother of parking miles away from everyone else, in an empty row, loads of spaces everywhere, yet some cock will always park beside you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

I regularly get interesting looks in the local supermarket car park for parking diagonally across three spaces between pillars to prevent anyone parking beside me…only when the carpark is sufficiently empty to accommodate plenty of other shoppers elsewhere, of course!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

I'm with you guys, I absolutely hate when somebody touches my car, or people who have absolutely no consideration for other people's cars and bump doors, lean on them and so on.

I also hate passangers that literally hang on the door with all their weight, especially when you have a coupe.

I like to drive cheap cars tbh, cause everytime I drove an expensive car I can home pissed and wanting to kill somebody.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

I have a special stick for such cases complete with rusty nails :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I remember coming out of a nightclub one night, and some rubbered-up asswipe was sitting on the bonnet. I asked him nicely to get off the bonnet, and he got off, and while watching him for a minute, he sat down on it again. I asked again, same tone, to get off it and he did, yet he was still thick and sat down again.

So I walked up to him, about halfway, and shouted "get the **** off the car". He got off anyway and started squaring up to me, but lost his balance on the way and fell into a group of lads. These lads are your friendly type either. I laughed at him.

Also, I remember I got asked to get off my own car once, told them to mind there own business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Also, I remember I got asked to get off my own car once
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭leex

When I bought a new car a few years ago, it often happened that I had to park it outside my office window (on a main St in Galway). I could see out but nobody could see in. I had a 3rd party alarm fitted to the car which had a PANIC button...came in very handy.

I'd the thrill of getting someone to JUMP once per day after they sat/leaned on my car. Was great entertainment...for a while!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭GTC

I usually press the panic button on my own car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

GTC wrote: »
    I usually press the panic button on my own car.

I'd find this more fitting however:

_232777_car300.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

Came out late one night to my jeep which had been parked in a busy daylight area. Now its dark there are no other cars and noone around. there was a gang of blokes like big sitting up on the bonnet drinking and effing around.
    They copped me walking towards the car. My first instinct was run run like the wind. If I had though they would have chased me.
    So i had to brave it out. " Jayz lads get off me effin' car if its scratched I swear to god etc" I then elbowed my way into them and fake examined the bonnet. Schumacher could have been on the bonnet and I wouldn,t have noticed.
    Got in started up drove away almost had a heart attack. I almost won an oscar.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

kbannon wrote: »
    So it wasn't this one...
    car-hood.jpg
    Looks like he was taking her from behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

lightening wrote: »

(Each syllable delivered along with every "shunt")

"wha... de.. fu... ye... loo... kin... ah?"

ROFL. best post i seen all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

About 20 years ago we were comming from the Hi-land in Newmarket. We stopped in Kanturk for chips as we were waiting to be served the wan behind the counter started roaring, f-ing and blinding. It turned out that 2 well oiled fellas were outside eating chips and had the bags up on her new car. She ran out the door calling them every name under the sun and they didn't wait around for long. I wouldn't like to see her reaction if they put a scratch on her car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

stratos wrote: »
    Came out late one night to my jeep which had been parked in a busy daylight area. Now its dark there are no other cars and noone around. there was a gang of blokes like big sitting up on the bonnet drinking and effing around.
    They copped me walking towards the car. My first instinct was run run like the wind. If I had though they would have chased me.
    So i had to brave it out. " Jayz lads get off me effin' car if its scratched I swear to god etc" I then elbowed my way into them and fake examined the bonnet. Schumacher could have been on the bonnet and I wouldn,t have noticed.
    Got in started up drove away almost had a heart attack. I almost won an oscar.

Good for you man, good for you. Kicking ass and taking names, except without the kicking and taking names part :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

I always park really far from the door of Dunnes, just so I don't risk some clown in a ****box pranging their door off mine! I loaned my beloved astra, my first car, to my brother last year when I went to the US for the summer. Turns out he left it parked outside a nightclub and was surprized when someone left a handy dent on the left wing! Some big fat arse dented my car! I was disgusted, I always park as far away from drunken louts as possible. Its the last time my bro ever gets my car too, he's not into them at all and has no respect for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

I was sitting in the drivers seat outside a chinese one evening waiting to collect an order. Two scumish looking yokes came out of the chinese and one sat on my bonnet and proceeded to chat to her mate. I beeped the horn and she turned round shouting "all right all right i'm not that fecking heavy" before giving me the finger and moving down the road a bit. Fecking cheek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭AsphaltRisin'

I once parked my pickup truck outsite a a friend's house and wnet inside... then came out at 5am to go to pick someone up from the station.. and found two dudes passed out in the back of it huddled together under the most manky old sheet of plastic (it had been covering an old motorbike and an engine... so they got covered in grease and oil)... the two of them had been evicted up the road... got very drunk then had nowhere to stay so they climbed in the back of my vehicle and had a sleep... took an hour to get them out of there...
    It was pretty funny though, if rather inconvenient as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

I once parked my pickup truck outsite a a friend's house and wnet inside... then came out at 5am to go to pick someone up from the station.. and found two dudes passed out in the back of it huddled together under the most manky old sheet of plastic (it had been covering an old motorbike and an engine... so they got covered in grease and oil)... the two of them had been evicted up the road... got very drunk then had nowhere to stay so they climbed in the back of my vehicle and had a sleep... took an hour to get them out of there...
    It was pretty funny though, if rather inconvenient as well.

:D Thats classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

MSporty wrote: »
    I remember when I was in my very early teens we used to play a football outside someones house in our estate. The man in the house used to be always looking out the window at us and wasnt looking too happy about it. One day the ball goes into his garden and he runs out with a Ten inch 'Rambo' knife and begins stabbing the ball in a frenzy!! He threw the burst ball back to us and told us to F**k off or he'd do the same to us. Needless to say we did F**k off and never played football outside his house again!

I'm p!ssing myself laughing, however that is a bit extreme.

But I wouldn't be beyond hiring a few blokes in a van to come in and hobble these particular a**holes, as they are really trying their best to bring the area down, in more way's than one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Omcd

Was woken up at 4am one morning last summer to hear thuds and metal panels dinging - it was the local pair of magpies going mental, which they had done consistantly at dawn for the previous 6 weeks, only this time for some reason they were attacking my car :confused: No damage resulted but they gave it a good thrashing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

if i thought anyone would even think of touching one of my pride and joy's and ensure they'll never be seen nor heard again. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 whatthe...

cormie wrote: »
    Just curious, what would you all think if you looked out the window and saw somebody sitting on your car? Would it bother you? Would you go out and ask them to get off? Would you go out all guns blazing and go crazy? If it was a grown man who was just sitting down to relax, not doing anything that would put the car at risk of damage or what if somebody put a bag of shopping on the your roof while they peeled a banana?

*and no, it's not me:pac:

Personally I would say its an insult to the owner of the car. I guess the idiot who does decide to sit on your car has a complete lack of respect for another persons property. Regardless if they are just sitting on it and not doing anything, or putting a bag of shopping on the roof - its downright ignorant. People work hard and spend well-earned cash on their cars for some fat balloon to come along and dent the bonnet...........I wouldn't do it to theirs. Then again perhaps this is why they do it - 'cause they don't have their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

whatthe... wrote: »
    Personally I would say its an insult to the owner of the car. I guess the idiot who does decide to sit on your car has a complete lack of respect for another persons property. Regardless if they are just sitting on it and not doing anything, or putting a bag of shopping on the roof - its downright ignorant. People work hard and spend well-earned cash on their cars for some fat balloon to come along and dent the bonnet...........I wouldn't do it to theirs. Then again perhaps this is why they do it - 'cause they don't have their own.

nobody jealous of the sheep of drivers who all have crappy e46,36 and e39 bmws or pooorly looked after octivias/avensis's , its just that common sense is so very rare these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 giddynurse

hrmm.. i think if someone was leaning against my car i wouldnt mind, but if they were sitting on the bonnet.. i would ask them to get off.. depending if they were roughians or not.. i mean.. i wouldnt wanna get started on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

I need to install this, for all the bonnet sitters.

vayknpx6.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

giddynurse wrote: »
    hrmm.. i think if someone was leaning against my car i wouldnt mind, but if they were sitting on the bonnet.. i would ask them to get off.. depending if they were roughians or not.. i mean.. i wouldnt wanna get started on :(

Brutal honesty! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Brabus

Same thing happened my dad's Pajero back last christmas 12 months. He parked it in Dunnes Stores car park Kilkenny and went in to do bag packing to raise money for local GAA club. Came out about 1.30am and even in the street lighting you could see 4 scratches in perfect straight lines parallel from the windscreen to the front of the bonnet.

That soured his christmas a bit i can tell you.

Also in the same carpark, the rear bumper of the sister's car nearly got yanked off completely one night as well. Only saw it the next day when she went to collect it. She was raging as well.

It is one place i would never go with my car either day or night.

Advertisement