Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sitting on cars

Options
  • 15-05-2008 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,815 ✭✭✭✭

Just curious, what would you all think if you looked out the window and saw somebody sitting on your car? Would it bother you? Would you go out and ask them to get off? Would you go out all guns blazing and go crazy? If it was a grown man who was just sitting down to relax, not doing anything that would put the car at risk of damage or what if somebody put a bag of shopping on the your roof while they peeled a banana?

*and no, it's not me:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

The words baseball bat come to mind.
    Would personally drive me crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Id be inclined to tell them to get off, god knows what they have in their pocket or buttons on jeans etc that might scratch the paint/damage the car. If the car was old and wreaked anyway though I wouldnt care.

With the bag I wouldnt be as bothered as long as it was only for a moment and again wasnt going to damage the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It would depend on if she was purdy.

Bags are worse than clothing, boxes are an absolute no-no.

Mike.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

They would get the blunt end of my samurai sword.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

Depends really. If the guy was just leaning against the wing while having a conversation, fine. No damage or paint scratched. No harm done.
    Sitting up on the boot of the car with legs on the bumper...NO. Not Ok at all.
    As for shopping bags....
    Put the shopping on your own car please.
    I came back to my car a few years ago to find the boot lid scratched with loads of lines, deep too. The nice person parked next to me plonked the carry chair for a baby (one of the ones that fit into a car seat) on my boot while getting their own car ready/messages in. I could see this happening in teh distance as I approached.
    I didn't really mind at the time because my car was old and wasn't worth much, buut if it happened now, I would go mad.
    Some people pay a lot of money to have their car looking just the way they want it to look. (not me by the way) But, that should be respected.
    Anyway, it's not yor property so keep off !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭tiredmam

Not good at all. I would be fuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

I would be less than impressed. Jeans with rivets or buttons could reak havock on your paintwork!! If i didn't know them i would tell them to shift their ass please. If i knew them i would try to draw them away from the car by moving away slowly, or attracting their attention to something ''over there''
    >

Being a woman, iv often found myself in a situation with friends where were chatting or smoking (outside the car only!!) and they leave their bag on the bonnett and commence rooting around for phone/cigs/lipstick etc, then leave it to rest there... Im on edge straight away, but never want to say anything at the risk of sounding over prissy (especially after already making them step out for a ciggy!!)

I always take a sneaky peek afterwards to see if theres any scratches too :( OCD me... I would never admit it to them that i do it though, they just wouldn't understand.

People that put their feet on plastic mouldings like the dash or centre console in the rear of the car drive me scatty too, leave your feet on the effing ground!! Ok on a long journey i appreciate that people like to move and stretch their legs, but AT LEAST take your shoes off first!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I wouldn't be too bothered. That said, I wouldn't do it to a stranger's car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Parked on Percy Place once and came out to find a woman of the night leaning up against my car, luckily it was just polished so probably had more protection than she did. :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Makes me mad - even leaning against it can cause scratches from jeans.:mad::mad:

I usually press the second button on the fob which sets the alarm off and scare the bejaysus out of them:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

I't's definitely a NO-NO, would bring blood to my eyeballs in anger just to imagine, not a chair, summer-seat or anything similar. If you want to sit on a car try your own...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Came out of the Sheaf O' Wheat (whiff of sh*t)in Coolock in Dublin to see some "lady" on her back on the bonnet of a car with bum fluffed ronnied young fella "throwing it in to her". We all stood in shock as he said:

(Each syllable delivered along with every "shunt")

"wha... de.. fu... ye... loo... kin... ah?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

lightening wrote: »
    Came out of the Sheaf O' Wheat (whiff of sh*t)in Coolock in Dublin to see some "lady" on her back on the bonnet of a car with bum fluffed ronnied young fella "throwing it in to her". We all stood in shock as he said:

I've been LOLing for a good 5 mins now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

AHHHH... Nightmare!!!! :eek:

Did make me laugh though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭lynchie

Came out of a local Gaa club before to find 2 scumbags dancing around on the roof of my car :mad: Went fecking mental. Was gonna clatter one of them until I noticed there was more of them. They got off the car and legged it. Was fairly pissed off but managed to push the roof back up. Ye can only notice one or two small dents in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

its depends where u park your car, outside some youth centre or one of these leisureplexs or outside the door of a pub/nightclub where scores of young people are loitering and asking them to get off your bonnet you find they are just plain ignorant and use so many expletives so unless ur armed with a baseball bat......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Bob Kelso wrote:
    Unless your ass is made out of turtlewax get off my damn car

Courtesy of scrubs

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

LOLx100 :D:D:D:D:D

I hope it wasn't your car.

/owner comes back and wonders what the strange marks and dribbles are:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

stevec wrote: »
    I hope it wasn't your car.

No, it was some poor dudes Fiat. My then girlfriends parents were shocked. I had tears streaming down my cheeks on the way home with stomach cramping stifled laughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I came back to my car one night to find the bonnet caved in after a couple used it in the manner described above!

I came back to my car one evening to find a group of people from a pub using it as a table. I didn't say anything; I just took their drinks and emptied them into the gutter. When they finally noticed what I was doing, one of the guys in the group started to get fierce thick, until he saw the group of lads about to get into the car (5 lads getting in, the smallest of whom was 6'2" and 16 stone!!!). He shut up fairly quick.

I have marks on my bonnet from someone leaving a box on top of it and allowing the box slide off. My mothers car and a friends car got the same treatment in the same carpark (Jurys in Galway); my mothers ended up with a resprayed bonnet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

No, it was some poor dudes Fiat. My then girlfriends parents were shocked. I had tears streaming down my cheeks on the way home with stomach cramping stifled laughter.
    So it wasn't this one...
    car-hood.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

kbannon wrote: »
    So it wasn't this one...
    car-hood.jpg

Damn you!

I was going to post that!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I'd be very pissed off and go out and tell them to **** right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

I would tell them "GET THE **** OFF MY ****ING CAR....please :)"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

someone sitting on my car would drive me mad tbh

LMAO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

I'd be really p!ssed off, but if the car was parked in a public place, the only thing you could do is ask them nicely to move off your car.

Afterall it wouldn't be worth getting into a row over it.

I have a real problem with a couple of muppets who live in my estate, they insist on playing football outside my house every now and then, they usually mange to hit my car at least once, even though it is parked on my drive way.

The last time was Tuesday evening, while I was in the garden, the car is less than a month old and when I asked / told them to move onto the green to play ball they got abusive and confrontational. One of them lives a few doors down on the opposite side of the road, and his parents attitude the last time I spoke to them was, I had no right to tell their child (its a few years ago now) where he could play ball.

The guards here in Navan are really useless when it comes to dealing with this sort of thing, and these kids / teenagers know this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭MSporty

I remember when I was in my very early teens we used to play a football outside someones house in our estate. The man in the house used to be always looking out the window at us and wasnt looking too happy about it. One day the ball goes into his garden and he runs out with a Ten inch 'Rambo' knife and begins stabbing the ball in a frenzy!! He threw the burst ball back to us and told us to F**k off or he'd do the same to us. Needless to say we did F**k off and never played football outside his house again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

Ahhh Life too short to worry about minor rubbish like that. As long as they were't dancin' on the bonnet, I wouldn't give a hoot.

That said, I wouldn't do it to someone else's car. Especially after reading the hyper-sensitive replies here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

I spent 5 hours detailing the Coupe last week

only an hour after i finished I had to tell some fecker to stop sitting on my car :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

I would make it my business to go out and tell them to fvck off. To avoid it happening, I often take fairly extreme measures when it comes to parking the car. Like, Ill park away from the entrance to a pub or entrance to a busy place.

I would say Im also fanatical about who I park next to. No sh*t boxes with body damage or people carriers. Reason being, people who have cars with dings all over usually have no respect for their car, and it follows that they would have zero for other peoples'. People carriers (or cars with baby seats) can have occupants who like to swing doors wide open when loading in.

I remember a couple of years back, I had to go to the removal of a friends father at the local funeral home. Coming back to the car with my mother, I see an avensis pull up with a car full of dried up ould wans. As I walk towards the car, I see (and hear) one of the rear passengers open their door, I typical old person fashion, and 'bang!' I hear metal to metal contact. I quicken my pace and once again another bang is heard, as the decrepit fool steadys herself on the door. I eventually got to the car and see a massive dent, with paint scratched right down to bare metal. I opened my mouth to roar at the b*stard, but my mam pipes up in the background "Keep moving, 'Oh hello Mr and Ms Kelly'". I nearly fvcking cried.

Reading that back it makes me sound a bit of a freak:o, but what can I say, I love my motor and do all I can to make sure it stays in good nick.

Advertisement