Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wsop % sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

this thread just gives and gives, now there is corkmen threatening physical violence. Great, im sure Lazare will be on the the first train to cork ! All aboard the langer-train

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭yeah-buddy

Sirtoyou wrote: »
    Alan Kelleher(Big Al)

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=1160

Alan is going to vegas for the world series.He is going to play 12 events.He is selling 40% of himself.If anyone is interested @ 300euro for 1%.
    Events he is planning to play:

event 7 june 4 2000nlhe
    event 13 june 7 2500nlhe
    event19 jun10 1500plo
    event23 jun12 2000nlhe
    event27 jun14 1500nlhe
    event32 jun17 1500nlhe
    event36 jun19 1500nlhe
    event39 jun21 1500nlhe
    event44 jun25 1000nlhe w/rb(2)
    event48 jun27 2000nlhe
    event52 jun30 1500nlhe
    main event july4 10000nlhe

300 euro for an interest inthe world series for the month
    Contact alan at 087-7618513 or leave name and number and Alan will contact you.

2008 results include a win in the macau league final for 9k.a CPT win and the macau main event sattelite for the world series main event for $12,500.
    17% already sold so 23% left.
    ill take 2%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

this thread just gives and gives, now there is corkmen threatening physical violence. Great, im sure Lazare will be on the the first train to cork ! All aboard the langer-train
    Possibly the development of the poker forums first Grudge Street Fight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

semibluff wrote: »
    it wasnt the fact that he was unlucky and lost the backers money thats the problem.
    Those who back someone else always take the risk that having entered and done his best in the tournament/s in question they may not cash.
    Its the manner in which he did so.
    He was selling % of himself in small events, but mainly the Main Event (which would be the big money spinner for any backer).
    The high rate he sold the % at, although slightly debatable, is not being questioned, as it was the buyers decision to buy or not.

The problem lies in that the backers were buying %'s of the Main Event, and yet Al decided to play high stakes cash, and proceeded to lose the money that was given to him for said tournament.

If this is misunderstood, and those who backed him were backing his poker action in general (which may have included cash games (and may even have gone as far to his roullette spins) ) once this had been agreed with the backers before hand, although in my opinion this would be ludicrous, if the backer had been made aware of this before taking the %, then this would also be ok.

He was "advertised" here, whether by his own wishes or not, and its because of the above issue that people have a problem. If my understanding of the situation is wrong, please correct me

u are right in wat u say . but really if anyone outside his friends who back him and that was for 3.3k backed him i would be put out for them .

but it was 7 people who know al who put up this 3.3k and we dont feel left down . he lost a lot more himself and really wat pisses me off is the bull thats going down here .

i think that it should be put to bed really and not be a **** stirer .we have all at some stage in life had bad runs this was one of his .i think al would ike to be still in vegas but when things go wrong for u wat can u do

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

corkie123 wrote: »
    u are right in wat u say . but really if anyone outside his friends who back him and that was for 3.3k backed him i would be put out for them .

but it was 7 people who know al who put up this 3.3k and we dont feel left down . he lost a lot more himself and really wat pisses me off is the bull thats going down here .

i think that it should be put to bed really and not be a **** stirer .we have all at some stage in life had bad runs this was one of his .i think al would ike to be still in vegas but when things go wrong for u wat can u do

If I, or any other boardsie had bought shares in him (he did advertise here), do you think we'd be justified in being angry that he welched on his half of the deal and degenerised all the cash?

• Advertisement

Lazare wrote: »
    Mr Corkie,
    I'm sorry if I offended you, but going on 'the facts', you seem to be quite the sucker. If you disagree, please give me your definition of a 'sucker'.

if was the type of guy who like to give slim remarks i say

{ask your mother she had one in u }

but as i love my mother i would not slide down that track .
    and again i ask u to refrain from been DICK with me please

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

now if u like u can always come down to to the macou and say those things to my face and we can finish it then .

but i say u are like most people who like to hide behind a computer and be very brave .
    Cut out the threats please. Report any posts you have a problem with.

You seem to want to defend Alan Kelleher so please don't make me ban you, if you have a problem with a post report it and we'll look at it and act appropriately, but any more of this and I'll have no choice but to give you a week off.

Everyone else,

Keep it non-personal please.

Ste05

If I, or any other boardsie had bought shares in him (he did advertise here), do you think we'd be justified in being angry that he welched on his half of the deal and degenerised all the cash?

yes and if anyone wanted half there money back then they would get it

Ste05 wrote: »
    Cut out the threats please. Report any posts you have a problem with.

You seem to want to defend Alan Kelleher so please don't make me ban you, if you have a problem with a post report it and we'll look at it and act appropriately, but any more of this and I'll have no choice but to give you a week off.

Everyone else,

Keep it non-personal please.

Ste05

and does that go for lazare as well or is it just me .
    because i think it should him that gets this ban not me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

and does that go for lazare as well or is it just me .
    because i think it should him that gets this ban not me lol
    Yes it does, he's in the "Everyone" I was refered to. This discussion is over now, leave the modding to the mods or take it to PM (with me obviously) .

Also I've infracted you for that post referring to Lazare's mother. You are on really thin ice as is everyone else from here on if they continue to get personal with corkie123.

Ste05

• Advertisement

and again i ask u to refrain from been DICK with me please

Do you not think you'd be better off acknowledging what your friend did was out of line, instead of defending him. I apologise if I offended you (sincerely), but can you really not see how bad this is?

yes and if anyone wanted half there money back then they would get it

Just saw this now, it's good to know that after spewing my money away he would be kind enough to give me half back.

Ah, sure that's grand, kiss me I'm oirish.

Do you not think you'd be better off acknowledging what your friend did was out of line, instead of defending him. I apologise if I offended you (sincerely), but can you really not see how bad this is?

to be honest i would not have to defend my friend if sirtoyou did not put this tread up first day . and yes i can see your point .

now really i think that this tread has ran its course . and the only people who backed him were his friends and we dont have a problem with it we are all gamblers and we know the ups and downs of poker . i dont think that al thought he was going to run so bad and have to come home early and we as his backers dont feel any thing bad about him over it . if he came home with millons we would be happier haha . but when u gamble things do not always go right and i say if al had a big touch someother time we all have a drink on him .

now i am really sry for if i offended u as well but to the people who know me well they tell u i do back up my friends and they me . and i say wat i feel straight out and dont hide

again im sry and maybe we talk about this over a pint some day if we ever meet at some live tourie

yours
    sean

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

this thread reminds me of the the time a drunk asked me for money towards drink, i gave him 50p, howevr the bloomin conman hopped on a bus and went home, fukr wanted the money towards busfare all the time,,

nowt quare as folk....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

the real problem here is that allegidely he played cash games with tourney money that he had been staked with? the % seems to be in dispute.. adding up whjat6everyone said they took seems to come to a lot more than what corkie says was staked

Did I not read earlier that he had most sold and would easilty sell the rest...

do these backers not realise that if he won in the cash game they were noever getting any of the money unless he's a very decent guy... and if he was he wouldn't have played cash with backers money

Macspower wrote: »

do these backers not realise that if he won in the cash game they were noever getting any of the money unless he's a very decent guy... and if he was he wouldn't have played cash with backers money

Nail on head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭DEEP THROAT

im will be the first to hang u if u like .

i have never in my life seen a grown man like u act in such a pityfull way as u were the guy who said to al about putting this on boards not that he asked u to or anything and to try to slim your way out of this is really pityfull .

we are all gamblers here and some we lose and some we win with and to knock someone down when they had a bad time is sick . i myself had a share in al but im not looking for anything back

as for your self not backing al u lost your mebs that week before he left in cash game in cork and u told al u had no money left to invest so dont be such a dick .

he himself back me when i went to aussie millons and ept vienna and as he said to me then have a good time if u make money there lovely if not dont worry about it .

i used to like coming on boards because of it content but it seems that for the last year or so people just like to **** stir more then anything else .

if u made a mistake stand up and take the flack and dont be such a ass trying to slide your way around it .

So who do you love the least

Kieran "flipper" Walsh

or

Kieran "Not to be confused with Flipper" Walsh

or is it the name you see red at:D:D:D

So who do you love the least

Kieran "flipper" Walsh

or

Kieran "Not to be confused with Flipper" Walsh

or is it the name you see red at:D:D:D

best one yet did not see that

im taking the 5th on that if thats ok with u :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭mormank

wow..i just wish i had friends like big al has...

i know id be seiously annoyed if i backed somebody in this way and would expect all my money back.

this seems to be a private matter at this stage. all that can be said has been at this stage and should be put to bed. but it won't be...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Pub07

He should be called "Broke Al" from now on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's Big 'broke' al to you pub07.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

lolers. what a degen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

I imagine this group of friends who are gamblers and don't mind being screwed by one another have a great time putting one over each other on a daily basis.

Al: "Sean my TV broke and I really want to watch the European Champs final can I borrow your portable, I'll bring it back tomorrow?"
    Corkie123: "Hmm, wellll, okay then I guess"
    [Big Al sells TV pronto and tries to spin it up in Pai Gow]
    Corkie123: "Oh ho, Al you old rogue you, you got me again, how did I fall for that one, ho ho"

[at the shops]
    Corkie123: "Ah Jesus I left my wallet in the house and I need to buy fags, Al will you lend me a tenner, I'll give it back to you in a few minutes when I nip home for it"
    Al: "Welllll, um, if it's only for a few minutes and it's for fags, okay then"
    [Corkie123 proceeds to buy 5 scratch cards and runs bad at them]
    Corkie123: "Hard luck Al, that scratch card staking didn't work out that well for you, ah well"
    Al: "Oh ho ho, good one Sean, you got me there alright, you're incorrigible"
    Corkie123: "God being in Cork is great isn't it, anywhere else we'd be shot"
    AL: "Amen to that"

hotspur wrote: »
    I imagine this group of friends who are gamblers and don't mind being screwed by one another have a great time putting one over each other on a daily basis.

Al: "Sean my TV broke and I really want to watch the European Champs final can I borrow your portable, I'll bring it back tomorrow?"
    Corkie123: "Hmm, wellll, okay then I guess"
    [Big Al sells TV pronto and tries to spin it up in Pai Gow]
    Corkie123: "Oh ho, Al you old rogue you, you got me again, how did I fall for that one, ho ho"

[at the shops]
    Corkie123: "Ah Jesus I left my wallet in the house and I need to buy fags, Al will you lend me a tenner, I'll give it back to you in a few minutes when I nip home for it"
    Al: "Welllll, um, if it's only for a few minutes and it's for fags, okay then"
    [Corkie123 proceeds to buy 5 scratch cards and runs bad at them]
    Corkie123: "Hard luck Al, that scratch card staking didn't work out that well for you, ah well"
    Al: "Oh ho ho, good one Sean, you got me there alright, you're incorrigible"
    Corkie123: "God being in Cork is great isn't it, anywhere else we'd be shot"
    AL: "Amen to that"

Amen to that haha :D:D:D:D:D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

For the first time in my life I'm actually caught between wanting to lock a thread and laughing at the contents too much... f*cking poker forum, I honestly think life would be boring without it sometimes.... :rolleyes: :D

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,507 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

DeVore wrote: »
    For the first time in my life I'm actually caught between wanting to lock a thread and laughing at the contents too much... f*cking poker forum, I honestly think life would be boring without it sometimes.... :rolleyes: :D

DeV.

There's a chat about the thread on the poker mods forum if you wish to air your views in ther DeV...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,158 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,158 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭PokerPissTaker

I just hope he goes again next year so we all have something to talk about :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 T_o_r_r_e_s

Tom Hanlon wrote: »
    ok, you got me. I will play in the same tournaments and will offer a 1% share for the fantastic discounted price of E280.

First come , first served. 29% already gone so only 171% left.

Vegas here I come!

Tom H

i take it this was a joke, but i noticed Tom Hanlon Finished 7th in the 10k PLO event Yesterday for 134k
    Well done Tom and Marty Smyth (1st) Great result

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement