Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wsop % sale

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 555 ✭✭✭fixer

Rb wrote: »
    Not really, as I said earlier (and people agreed) those from Cork were making a show of themselves here.

There's obvious exceptions; RedJoker, Flipper and the like.

and most every day, people from other counties are making a show of themselves here as well.

For all the Cork bashing, I'd happily say I always enjoyed my time in the Macau much more than any of my time in Dublin cardrooms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭DEEP THROAT

pokerbratz wrote: »
    "BIG AL"
    FIRST OFF THE NAME IN ITSELF SUGGESTS A LARGER THAN LIFE CHARACTER (WHICH HE IS) AND OFFERS AN INSIGHT INTO HIS PERSONALITY AND OUTLOOK ON LIFE.
    SO WHAT IF HE WENT TO VEGAS AND SHOT HIS LOAD- NO PUN INTENDED,
    I WAS ONE OF HIS PERCENTAGE BACKERS AND BEING HONEST I DO NOT FEEL ONE BIT PUT OUT THAT HE DID NOT GIVE A RETURN ON INVESTMENT.
    I GAVE HIM €X TO GO AND DO HIS BEST WITH IT.
    I DO NOT EXPECT ANYONE WHO GAVE HIM SPONSORSHIP TO FEEL ANY DIFFERENTLY. NO DIFFERENT THAN BACKING A HORSE IN THE GRAND NATIONAL! ONE THING I AM SURE OF THAT AL DID NOT TAKE ANYONES MONEY WITH THE INTENTION OF GOING TO GO TO VEGAS AND BURSTING OUT.
    I AM DISAPPOINTED FOR AL THAT THINGS DID NOT GO WELL, HOWEVER HE IS NO DIFFERENT THAN ANY OTHER OF THE % SELLERS ON BOARDS WITH THE EXCEPTION THAT HE PROBABLY HAD THE MORE REALISTIC CHANCE OF CASHING OUT. WHY?
    AL IS A GAMBLER, HE IS ALSO A CHANCER!! AL HAS STAMINA, HE HAS AN AGRESSIVE PERSONALITY AND IS A MAN OF THE WORLD WHO HAS EXPERIENCED THE HIGHS AND LOWS OF WHAT LIFE HAS TO OFFER, HE CAN ALSO BE A PAIN IN THE NECK,
    ALL THESE ATTRIBUTES ARE NECESSARY IN THE REAL WORLD OF LIVE POKER TOURNAMENTS AND CASH GAMES, IT IS ALL TOO EASY TO BERATE FROM THE COMFORT OF THE KEYBOARD,
    REGARDS MIKE @ CPT

Are you for real?????

Do you think you were getting any profits from these "cash games"

The cynic ( I am open to be proved wrong ) in me would be inclined to believe the "investors" paid anything up to the full 100% for this trip and he tried to spin their money into enough $ to play in said events and this didn't work so he's come home again.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

No one else think that its hilarious that this guy is getting endorsed by the biggest ever gangsters in Irish poker?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,518 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I see no reason to close this thread as is.

One note of warning though, pls do not turn this into an anti-Cork thread (or Cork V's everywhere else thread). No more of that nonsense please.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

This thread has been a car crash from the start, should be closed tbh, it no longer serves any purpose or point.
    It's actually serving a greater purpose then most threads in this forum, it's a warning and reminder to everyone that they need to be careful in who they invest in, and certainly don't go investing in people on boards who don't even bother asking themselves. Luckily no-one from here invested as far as I can see.

Also, as Kev has said the Cork rubbish stops now. This isn't anything that is specific to Cork, it could happen anywhere in the country and probably does every year, it just so happens this time the guy asked for money from boards and so we know about it.

Ste05

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭HIVeindhoven

Staking people into poker tournaments is a -EV proposition at the best of times, no matter how good the player. This is a pretty extrememexample though. What a degen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭DEEP THROAT

It's out in book form

http://www.parentinghumor.com/activityecenter/childrensbooks/bigal.htm

He's just misunderstood

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

Tom Hanlon wrote: »
    ok, you got me. I will play in the same tournaments and will offer a 1% share for the fantastic discounted price of E280.

First come , first served. 29% already gone so only 171% left.

Vegas here I come!

Tom H

well done on getting this deal together

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

First line of the book blurb:
    Al is a fish. A really, really big fish.
    phpbyd799hf0.gif

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

i was talking to alan last night and telling him what was on boards. he was quite amused he didnt even know it was posted lol, he told me the whole trip was costing 30k euros, and for 1 percent 300 euro, he said he wasnt trying to rob nobody if they wanted an interest in it that was the deal and he wasnt forcing anybody to part with there money, he said to let ye know that the 40 percent was now gone and if he wanted he could have sold another 40 percent just as fast, by the way i have 3 percent:p , and the best of luck on the trip al,,
    Hows that 3% working out for ya? Still laughing? :rolleyes:

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

I honest to god cannot believe the gullibility of some people.

1st of all backing this guy at way over the odds
    he then goes over and does the lot before entering half the events and missing the big one.
    I for one would die of embarrassment (or from certain pissed off people kicking the ****e outta me) if I was him.

Jesus, it simply beggers belief

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Oh and LOL at our capslocked, he a gambler, a chancer poster...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

If the chap needs a reload plus some extra expenses, please PM me. I will back him 100% in the ME but first he must prove to me he is worthy.
    He himself must come on here and show proven hand historys as to how he blew his backers money. He must debate these hands with Hector Jelly and Fuzzy winkle , If he shows in this debate that his chancerness and his manoftheworldyness was utilised optimally I will back him. .

my name is Joe Mckinley and I'm a compulsive gambler and a boards account hacker.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

so whens the public lynching?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

pokerbratz wrote: »
    HOWEVER HE IS NO DIFFERENT THAN ANY OTHER OF THE % SELLERS ON BOARDS

hmmm, all the other sellers are trustworthy honorable people that didn't sell at a huge overlay, and will actually play the tournaments they're supposed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

Sorry for my absence from this thread (I am stuck in a hotel room without internet access in Letterkenny).

As regards Al it seems he lost his roll at the cash tables at stakes he obviously wasn't rolled for.I personally didn't invest in the shares for several reasons but mainly because of advice I received both in this thread and by pm from reputable boardsies.I deeply regret posting the thread and having my name associated with it.I can only hope that anyone who followed this thread from the start didn't invest.
    I hope that Al does the honourable thing and reimburses any one he owes.
    I myself am available for lynching at the gold club festival from friday and in dublin from tuesday.
    Again my apologies to anyone hurt by my part in this thread and if its held against my reeputation both on boards and on the circuit then its a lesson learned.

William Kieran Walsh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Sirtoyou wrote: »
    Sorry for my absence from this thread (I am stuck in a hotel room without internet access in Letterkenny).

As regards Al it seems he lost his roll at the cash tables at stakes he obviously wasn't rolled for.I personally didn't invest in the shares for several reasons but mainly because of advice I received both in this thread and by pm from reputable boardsies.I deeply regret posting the thread and having my name associated with it.I can only hope that anyone who followed this thread from the start didn't invest.
    I myself am available for lynching at the gold club festival from friday and in dublin from tuesday.
    Again my apologies to anyone hurt by my part in this thread and if its held against my reeputation both on boards and on the circuit then its a lesson learned.

William Kieran Walsh
    Fair play

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Rb wrote: »
    Not really, as I said earlier (and people agreed) those from Cork were making a show of themselves here.

There's obvious exceptions; RedJoker, Flipper and the like.

That may be said, but I still have less repect for them knowing this.
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

lolag2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

This thread is hilarious and shocking. It just goes to show that you really need to know the guy's game very well before you consider taking a %.
    I'd love to donk a ticket for the ME over the next couple of years but if I do, it will be on my own shoulders to do well in it, I couldn't take the pressure of having investors relying on me for a pay day lol!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

Sirtoyou wrote: »

William Kieran Walsh

im will be the first to hang u if u like .

i have never in my life seen a grown man like u act in such a pityfull way as u were the guy who said to al about putting this on boards not that he asked u to or anything and to try to slim your way out of this is really pityfull .

we are all gamblers here and some we lose and some we win with and to knock someone down when they had a bad time is sick . i myself had a share in al but im not looking for anything back

as for your self not backing al u lost your mebs that week before he left in cash game in cork and u told al u had no money left to invest so dont be such a dick .

he himself back me when i went to aussie millons and ept vienna and as he said to me then have a good time if u make money there lovely if not dont worry about it .

i used to like coming on boards because of it content but it seems that for the last year or so people just like to **** stir more then anything else .

if u made a mistake stand up and take the flack and dont be such a ass trying to slide your way around it .

corkie123 wrote: »
    im will be the first to hang u if u like .

i have never in my life seen a grown man like u act in such a pityfull way as u were the guy who said to al about putting this on boards not that he asked u to or anything and to try to slim your way out of this is really pityfull .

we are all gamblers here and some we lose and some we win with and to knock someone down when they had a bad time is sick . i myself had a share in al but im not looking for anything back

as for your self not backing al u lost your mebs that week before he left in cash game in cork and u told al u had no money left to invest so dont be such a dick .

he himself back me when i went to aussie millons and ept vienna and as he said to me then have a good time if u make money there lovely if not dont worry about it .

i used to like coming on boards because of it content but it seems that for the last year or so people just like to **** stir more then anything else .

if u made a mistake stand up and take the flack and dont be such a ass trying to slide your way around it .

Ah sure it's grand, sure he shouldn't worry too much about all those dumb fools who invested in him, it's all only a bit of craic, who cares that he blew 45k of other peoples money. And the cheek of boards stirring the sh1t, sure it's only 45k.

LMAO

Lazare wrote: »
    Ah sure it's grand, sure he shouldn't worry too much about all those dumb fools who invested in him, it's all only a bit of craic, who cares that he blew 45k of other peoples money. And the cheek of boards stirring the sh1t, sure it's only 45k.

LMAO

he lost 45k of other peoples money lol it was mostly his own money not other peoples that he lost

he sold 11% of himself which is 3.3k and everyone who bought a share have no problem about it . its only the pityfull here that are making a big deal about it .

al never asked to be on this forum it was SIRTOYOU who put it on here

before u say anything u really should get your facts right

he lost 45k of other peoples money lol it was mostly his own money not other peoples that he lost

he sold 11% of himself which is 3.3k and everyone who bought a share have no problem about it . its only the pityfull here that are making a big deal about it .

al never asked to be on this forum it was SIRTOYOU who put it on here

before u say anything u really should get your facts right

So he blew 3k of other peoples money, I stand corrected.

Only a sucker would have no problem with that.

Also, don't go whinging about boards, your degenerate buddy arranged for it to be advertised here, regardless of who originally posted it.

What a fcuking degen, and lol @ you for not having a problem with it, also big LOL @ celtic poker tour endorsing the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

he sold 11% of himself which is 3.3k and everyone who bought a share have no problem about it . its only the pityfull here that are making a big deal about it

he said to let ye know that the 40 percent was now gone and if he wanted he could have sold another 40 percent just as fast,

This thread is hilarious. Probably slightly less funny if you were stupid enough to invest in him though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

it wasnt the fact that he was unlucky and lost the backers money thats the problem.
    Those who back someone else always take the risk that having entered and done his best in the tournament/s in question they may not cash.
    Its the manner in which he did so.
    He was selling % of himself in small events, but mainly the Main Event (which would be the big money spinner for any backer).
    The high rate he sold the % at, although slightly debatable, is not being questioned, as it was the buyers decision to buy or not.

The problem lies in that the backers were buying %'s of the Main Event, and yet Al decided to play high stakes cash, and proceeded to lose the money that was given to him for said tournament.

If this is misunderstood, and those who backed him were backing his poker action in general (which may have included cash games (and may even have gone as far to his roullette spins) ) once this had been agreed with the backers before hand, although in my opinion this would be ludicrous, if the backer had been made aware of this before taking the %, then this would also be ok.

He was "advertised" here, whether by his own wishes or not, and its because of the above issue that people have a problem. If my understanding of the situation is wrong, please correct me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

good post

Lazare wrote: »
    So he blew 3k of other peoples money, I stand corrected.

Only a sucker would have no problem with that.

Also, don't go whinging about boards, your degenerate buddy arranged for it to be advertised here, regardless of who originally posted it.

What a fcuking degen, and lol @ you for not having a problem with it, also big LOL @ celtic poker tour endorsing the guy.

now mr lazare i have never called u anything on this site and i would like u not to call me names ,

now if u like u can always come down to to the macou and say those things to my face and we can finish it then .

but i say u are like most people who like to hide behind a computer and be very brave .

i was telling u wat the facts were but like most u only like to believe wat u make up yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

now mr lazare i have never called u anything on this site and i would like u not to call me names ,

now if u like u can always come down to to the macou and say those things to my face and we can finish it then .

but i say u are like most people who like to hide behind a computer and be very brave .

i was telling u wat the facts were but like most u only like to believe wat u make up yourself
    Thems fightin' words

• Advertisement

Mr Corkie,
    I'm sorry if I offended you, but going on 'the facts', you seem to be quite the sucker. If you disagree, please give me your definition of a 'sucker'.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement