Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any issues with Ankermann?

Options
  • 08-09-2008 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Has anyone had any issues when buying from Ankermann-edv? They had a nice PC in their ebay store a couple of weeks back. I was emailing them and taking to one guy about it for a couple of days.
    I placed my order on Tuesday 26th August and paid by International Bank Transfer as requested on 28th August. They said that it would take about 3 working days to assemble the machine and that I would receive a tracking number once it had been shipped.
    I received no tracking number all last week and they had stopped replying to my mails so I rang them on Thursday 4th Sept. The guy on the phone asked for my name and said they had the money and that the PC would ship in two days. Today, Monday 8th Sept still no response to any of my emails and still no tracking number.
    I'm starting to get worried. It will be two weeks tomorrow since I placed my order.
    Has anyone else had similar issues with Ankermann? How long has it taken from order to delivery for others who have bought from them?

Thanks,
    Daniel

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

It might be a good idea to use the search site option and see if anythign similar pops up. The search button is at the top of the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭dkane

Thanks Manties,
    I have been searching around on boards and on the net. Most threads here seem to be pretty positive about Ankermann. This was one factor that swayed me towards buying from them.
    I'm getting a bit fed up with them now. For the first week they were very good at responding to emails and pretty helpful. But for the past week they have ignored every email I have sent. I have not been snotty, just politely requesting information on my order, but no response.
    If I hear nothing by email today I will be calling them again tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭ionapaul

dkane wrote: »
    Thanks Manties,
    I have been searching around on boards and on the net. Most threads here seem to be pretty positive about Ankermann. This was one factor that swayed me towards buying from them.
    I'm getting a bit fed up with them now. For the first week they were very good at responding to emails and pretty helpful. But for the past week they have ignored every email I have sent. I have not been snotty, just politely requesting information on my order, but no response.
    If I hear nothing by email today I will be calling them again tomorrow morning.
    I paid for a PC last Thursday Sept 4th over the phone with my CC and they haven't sent a confirmation email, invoice or tracking number which I find fairly strange. The CC has been charged in full of course.

Their ebay shop has been down for the past week as well, I asked via email whether they were going out of business but was told there was no problem...another worrying thing. Let's keep each other informed; I'm gonna get my CC company to cancel payment if it gets to a week without response from them, hopefully I can salvage something!

I rang Ankermann again today. When I eventually got through to someone he told me that the delay with my PC was because they are waiting on copies of Windows Vista to come in. He said that he is expecting them any day now.
    He said my PC was built and ready to ship and that they were just waiting for my copy of Vista to arrive.
    In the end he said that they would ship my PC today and forward on the OS when it comes in.
    I am still waiting for my shipping number. He said it would be today but we will see.

Ankermann do not provide any order numbers or order confirmations. It takes a lot of emails and phone calls to get any information out of them. They are not good at responding to email, you can only ring them between 9am and 2pm and even at that they often just let the phone ring out.

They have two ebay stores. stores.ebay.ie/ankermann-pc and stores.ebay.ie/ankermann-edv ankermann-pc has not had any PCs for sale for a number of weeks now. They told me it was because their account was blocked.

Well of course still no tracking number. I sent them an email this afternoon once I knew that their store was closed and they weren't getting back to me today.
    I said in the email that I had been promised that the machine would go out today and that I had not received my tracking number and that I felt their customer service left a lot to be desired.

Their response:
    Please stop griping!
    You will receive your tracking code WHEN IT IS SHIPPED, and obviously it is still in montage!

I cannot get over the lack of professionalism. I most definitely will not be buying from Ankermann again and I feel at this stage it is getting close to cancelling the order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

2 weeks, and then that? If that's their attitude, best of luck if anything goes wrong.

I emailed today looking for a tracking link and was told that I get it directly from UPS, it doesn't get emailed by Ankermann. So maybe this makes things a little clearer?

Any word from Ankermann on your PC, dkane? It's been 7 days since order for me and it hasn't been shipped...

No still no update. They said on Tuesday that they would ship the PC then and ship my copy of Vista separately. Still no shipping number. I'm going to give them until tomorrow then give them another call.
    My order will be placed 3 weeks next Tuesday. I wouldn't mind waiting for it if they were honest and told me about the delay but every time I'm talking to them they promise something new and then don't follow up on it.

Good news. I have received a tracking number. It was sent directly from UPS as Ankermann said it would. The current status is "Billing Information Received" so I'm guessing it has not been picked up yet.

• Advertisement

Good news. I have received a tracking number. It was sent directly from UPS as Ankermann said it would. The current status is "Billing Information Received" so I'm guessing it has not been picked up yet.
    Great stuff; please let me know when it gets to you and if everything is alright with the order - fingers crossed! :)

Well of course still no tracking number. I sent them an email this afternoon once I knew that their store was closed and they weren't getting back to me today.
    I said in the email that I had been promised that the machine would go out today and that I had not received my tracking number and that I felt their customer service left a lot to be desired.

Their response:

I cannot get over the lack of professionalism. I most definitely will not be buying from Ankermann again and I feel at this stage it is getting close to cancelling the order.

I can not get over their responce. I would have cancelled my order there and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Manties wrote: »
    I can not get over their responce. I would have cancelled my order there and then.
    Agreed.

Yeah I was very close to cancelling it. I actually got an apology from the guy who sent that email the day after. The problem is that I couldn't build the PC for close to what they were selling it for so if I cancelled it was me that was going to end up out of pocket over it. Also I paid by bank transfer so god knows how long I would have been waiting to gat my money back.
    The PC was shipped on Thursday. Hopefully I should have it early this week.

Any sign of your PC yet dkane?

No it hasn't arrived yet. According to the UPS tracking site it arrived in Dublin yesterday evening. Hoping that it's out for delivery today.
    Will keep you posted

Well it finally arrived today. I'm pretty happy with it so far. The only thing is that I ordered Vista Home Premium 64bit with it. The OS wasn't installed, but that wasn't a problem. It came on a dvd they burnt themselves and my key seems to be missing. I have emailed them. Hopefully they will be able to email the key to me tomorrow.

That's strange, mine arrived on Wednesday afternoon and I had never recieved another word from Ankermann despite emails and no UPS number was forwarded, so I didn't expect it.

The build quality was not perfect, the wireless card was not fully pushed into the PCI slot (pretty sloppy stuff, it was 75% in there) and altough the 51 card reader was installed, the flap that allows access to it on the front of the case was not opened by breaking the plastic catches - I had to open the case again, remove the card reader temporarily to snap the flap open! Other that that it looks fine BUT the hard drive (I assume) makes a very audible clicking when it is being accessed, not sure why.

I received my Vista Premium 64-bit on the proper OEM disk and in the proper OEM case (the key is on a label on it), wonder why it was different in your order?

Otherwise I'm surprised that with a beefy Q6700 processor and 4 GB ram, some programs don't seem lightning fast and I experience very occassional pauses / hiccups when using two programs at once or during intensive graphic card use (Oblivion on high settings using a Nvidia GTX 260)

Well just in case anyone thought that this had come to a good resolution it hasn't.
    I am still waiting on my copy or Windows Vista and my license key. Ankermann will not respond to my emails and when you call their "shop" you get the same girl every time who tells you that there is no one there who can deal with your query and to send an email.
    I really hope I never have any problems with this PC because Ankermann cannot be trusted, they have told outright lies since the day I ordered my PC.

That really sucks - the hard drive installed in my new PC failed last week, so I had to go out a purchase a new one. Not going to bother pursuing Ankermann for the €70 or so compensation, the bother just isn't worth it for me. Otherwise I'm happy with the PC; though obviously will avoid this particular company in the future!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

That sounds so awful ive been so tempted to buy from ankermann there prices are so good but this is definitly putting me off, hardwareversand seem really good aswell and in would defintly go for them, but i wonder if i could get anything similar to what i was planning to get from ankermann for around the same price, or would it be worth the risk to just fork my money over to ankermann

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Roy Rogers

Slightly related to this thread (which makes me a little nervous, actually...)

I'm trying to order a PC from ankermann, but the order form keeps asking me for a postcode. It won't let me enter 0000, or 'none', or any value at all as far as I can see. Has anyone else had this problem, and how did you get around it?

EDIT: The girls get it working! A friend suggested - as a joke - 90210. It worked :lol:

I'm going to email their support with the link to this page and ask them to have a rep log in and comment on this. In no way is this acceptable, and im sorry for actually advising people to use them now :(

*edit*

Email sent. I hope thye actually have the respect for their customers to actually come and read this and respond. Otherwise i will close annd lock all threads regarding this company.

*2nd edit*

Dkane, can you please pm me with more info about the copy of vista ankermann sent you on a burnt disc, im sure the company i work for would be very happy to hear about this.

After a day of fighting with Ankermann on the phone yesterday I finally received a tracking number for my Vista DVD.

On Monday 22 August I was told by a guy who signs his emails MG that my DVD had shipped, he said he'd get back to me to tell me if it was sent by UPS. I sent him three emails last week asking for an update with no response.
    Yesterday after I had sorted it out with the guys on the phone he sent me an email with the tracking number.

I emailed back saying:
    yes my tracking number for a package that was sent out yesterday, not on the 22/9/2008 as you told me last week.
    The way you lie to your customers is appalling.

Not too harsh considering all the lies I have been thrown.

His response today:
    No, YOUR arrogance and lack of politeness is appalling.

Needless to say this is the same guy who told me to "Stop griping!" a month ago.

These guys are extremely unprofessional and in MG's case downright rude.

Okay, with a responce like that no more threads about ankermann will be allowed here. Well, unless they are to bitch about them... which is only fair.

*edit* could you also send me the details of the ripped dvd for vista. I want to pass this onto one of the teams here in microsoft to see what they have to say about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cash_123

Hi all,

I bought a pc off ankermann a month ago and I am very happy with it. The build quality is good and the delivery time was excellent, just 3 working days. only problem is the graphics card turned out to be faulty (radeon hd4850) as i found out on friday. I spent the weekend un-installing drivers, re-installing, using driver cleaner etc. but to no avail. I e-mailed MG on sunday night explaining the problem and he replied to me immediately telling me to send it back and he will replace it with a new one, no questions asked. I did just that this morning, but with bank holiday and that i won't be expecting it's return until next wednesday at least. I have found them to be very polite, and I am surprised to read what has happened to other people. The only thing I could say is that having done business with germans before and having spent a bit of time there, they are very VERY uptight when it comes to business and how they operate. I once completely freaked out a German businessman when I jauntily put my arm around his shoulder (as you do) whilst enjoying a few beers after sealing the deal! From what I have seen they maintain a very strict level of quality and code of conduct, and to question them on this could provoke such a response as above. Still that is no excuse, and I hope I don't encounter something similar on awaiting my replacement graphics card!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Gonzales24

DONT BUY from ANKERMANN, bought a custom rig there, just problems with them...
    bought an upgraded cpu cooler option>> they build in the stock cooler.
    PSU died in first week, wasnt powerfull enough
    motherboard, bought one, deliverd fully diffrent, downgraded.
    after 9 month of emailing and calling still nothing changes...
    very unserios company....

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BestDaze

Hmmm, pity. I saw some pretty nice looking i7 Ankermanns on Pixmania. Cheaper to buy than build... The specs seem pretty good (most of the parts anyway). Still, I think I'll stick to my plan, and build.

Advertisement