Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Retailer Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Here's hoping for another round of price drops on the 79XX series!

It'll come, patience is needed :).

TBH though it's going to have to be a major shakeup, as the HD7950 is pretty close to HD7870 already even though the latter has taken a drop. This is what I'm hoping to see soon from HWVS (A month or three?)

HD7970 - €310
    HD7950 - €260
    HD7870 - €220
    HD7850 - €180
    HD7770 - €110
    HD7750 - €75

Wishful thinking :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Hi all I have been trying to purcchhase a motherboard from dabs which has been used, and for some reason it wont allow me to purchase it because it says its lmited.

Any ideas on what to do ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Ajazz-WolfTeam-Backlit-Multimedia-Ergonomic-Usb-Gaming-Keyboard-Backlight-LED-/180840040816?pt=UK_Computing_ComputerComponents_KeyboardsMice&hash=item2a1ae80970

Does anybody know how much import tax you could get stung for on this keyboard . I want to buy for a B-day present for my little brother because his keyboard is in bits .

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Ajazz-WolfTeam-Backlit-Multimedia-Ergonomic-Usb-Gaming-Keyboard-Backlight-LED-/180840040816?pt=UK_Computing_ComputerComponents_KeyboardsMice&hash=item2a1ae80970

Does anybody know how much import tax you could get stung for on this keyboard . I want to buy for a B-day present for my little brother because his keyboard is in bits .

Nothing. It has to be over €22 before you have to pay vat and import duty.

Edit: Sorry, didn't notice postage there. You'd have to pay vat at 23% on the total price paid (cost of product and delivery), an admin fee (probably a tenner) and maybe import duty as well (not sure what that would be). It probably isn't worth it, I imagine you could get a similar keyboard within the eu for similar money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Hopefully only 23% in VAT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Cheers for the help lads , looks like it shall be a trip to a bricks and mortar then .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

Dear Mr. N64,

We are delighted to inform you that a refund in the amount of 219.99 € was made today.

Your order was paid for by Bank Card on our Internet site. The reimbursement will be available on your account in 4 business days (if you paid by immediate debit card), or 30 business days (if you paid by deferred debit card).

To obtain additional information as to what type of card you have, please contact your bank.

Best Regards,

Its about time :) Is the debit cards PTSB operate of the immediate debit card type? I'm not in a position to contact them now.

'delighted' eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Hi all, come seeking your advice.
    I'm going to be ordering a new GPU/PSU an CPU cooler in the next day or two.

Ususally I order components from Overclockers/Amazon but the exchange rate seems to be driving the total up too much.
    Komplett my next usual choice seems to be quite a bit more expensive than usual too for GPU's.

So I come to the best priced website I have found for my items: pixmania.
    I am wondering how you guys have found them in general?

They are the Satans spawn if something goes wrong - the very example of bloody French bureaucracy - avoid imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

ITry ordering from amazon.de, works out cheaper due to the stg. exchange rate, and they deliver here.

Guys us amazon not free shipping for goods over £25.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Assuming you mean this:
    Guys, is amazon not free shipping for goods over £25?

Amazon.co.uk offers free delivery when you order from them directly and not their third party sellers (unless it's sold by amazon, fullfilled by XYZ) and you order above £25.

EDIT: Order seems to be in packing stage. False alarm :P

Sorry to double post but after a bit of digging, it turns out that dabs (well BT bussiness) have a freephone number. BT business is the same company as dabs so they are more than willing to look into your queries.

1800 80 60 40

Perhaps we should update the Original post with a FAQ such as links to the English HWVS rma sheet, phone numbers of retailers, how to do a bank transfer to HWVS, etc?

Is anyone buying stuff from hardwarevandand soon as in now till friday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Is anyone buying stuff from hardwarevandand soon as in now till friday ?

yes mate..will be ordering Friday...pm me if you want to piggy back my order.

Computeruniverse.net seem to be really good for graphics cards compared to HWVS, 7870s are €220, and there's a VTX3D 7850 for €176. You can also pick up a Gigabyte HD7950 Windforce for €299.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Eboggles wrote: »
    7870s are €22,

I'll take 20 :pac:

Eboggles wrote: »
    7870s are €22,

I'll take 20 :pac:
    :o

Fixed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

the 950mz sapphire 7950 for €319

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Just placed an order with Mindfactory.de there.

postage: €30, provided its 1 package!

monitor counts as a second package, so they want another €30. i went with amazon for it :o

not sure how much you can fit into 1 package before it goes over the limit? i imagine a case would count as another €30 (i didnt get one as i already have it)

and just to reiterate, the website is rubbish. checkout was broken so i had to redo it several times before it actually moved to the next step. it forgot my original account name and/or password, so i got them to reset the password, but the new password they sent me didnt work! I just gave up and opened a new account.

no option for UPS, its DHL only.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 IamSatai

Hey Tea_Bag.

I was hoping to order from mindfactory.de, but that is a bit of a concern that its €30 per package. I am guessing that the case would count as a second package. If so, I guess I will just have to get the case off amazon, even though it is €15 more.

It actually may just be easer, and maybe even about the same price to just go with HWVS. I'll make up my list on HWVS and see.

Thanks for pointing this out Tea_Bag.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Apparently HWVS ship with UPS now instead of DHL-> An Post which is a nice change. Got the stuff today after ordering on Saturday, pretty happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

deconduo wrote: »
    Apparently HWVS ship with UPS now instead of DHL-> An Post which is a nice change. Got the stuff today after ordering on Saturday, pretty happy with that.

Same here..ordered friday afternoon and got the goods today..
    Much quicker than dhl and anpost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

dwighet wrote: »
    Same here..ordered friday afternoon and got the goods today..
    Much quicker than dhl and anpost.
    Hate that word...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

What are Komplett like these days folks? Have they recovered from that debacle a few years back? Improved even??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Ordered speakers from them at Christmas and everything went alright. Had to RMA them as they were DOA, and once they opened after the week off, I had a replacement inside of a few days. Their selection, as ever, isn't great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ape X wrote: »
    What are Komplett like these days folks? Have they recovered from that debacle a few years back? Improved even??

Slow as f'ck for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Ordered my monitor off Komplett.
    Service was fine.

Advertisement