Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Retailer Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

Anyone know what the story with Dabs VIP sales is? Got notified of one by them but I don't seem to be able to take advantage of the discounted prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Montgomerie

Still nothing on the An Post track and trace website for my order. Not recognising the DHL shipment number. Last update was the 12th on the DHL site. Order put through last Sunday. Should I contact An Post maybe? Or DHL in Germany...or just be patient and wait?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Still nothing on the An Post track and trace website for my order. Not recognising the DHL shipment number. Last update was the 12th on the DHL site. Order put through last Sunday. Should I contact An Post maybe? Or DHL in Germany...or just be patient and wait?

I ordered Saturday. It says mine is in Dublin. If you wanna send me the shipment number via a pm I can try it. Not sure what difference it would make but it's worth a shot I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I'd give it a few days. Mine was in Portlaoise since Saturday morning, still says that according to An Post. It better be in Cavan now and in the local post office tomorrow morning, as if I don't get it by tomorrow I can't get it brought up to Dublin for at least 4 days, possibly even 2 weeks :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

I just got two emails from pixmania after posting angry messages on their facebook wall :o

the status has now changed to:
    "Your product has been registered. Our service will make an initial analysis. We will inform you of the results of this first analysis as quickly as possible."

I bet you that they won't have a clue about the problem and just ship it back to me :mad:

and if your wondering, this seems to be a problem with the card as I have seen a couple of reviews/fourm posts about it

Here on newegg and on amazon US

I know its up to the retailers discretion which of the 3 r's they will offer you but still, most retailers have a policy where if it breaks within the first couple of months, they will offer a straight replacement or refund. they said it will take up to 21 working days to repair it :(

• Advertisement

I just got mine about an hour ago. Nearly had a heart attack as I couldn't find the HDD.

If you're ordering off of softwareforstudents choose the download option. My internet is incredibly slow so I chose to have windows delivered. Seen as the main parts of the PC weren't going to get here for another week it seemed like an ok idea. Got windows 7 in the post today and....... the disk is completely smashed. They literally send it in an envelope. No warning on the front as to what it might be, no bubble wrap. Nothing. I know I can just download it but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Wow, what is your postman like? :eek: :pac: I've sent discs in the post a lot of times and they've come out fine. In paper sleeves too.

Monotype wrote: »
    Wow, what is your postman like? :eek: :pac: I've sent discs in the post a lot of times and they've come out fine. In paper sleeves too.

It's broken into about 12 different small shards. If it's the worst thing to happen in the next few days regarding the PC I'll be very happy :D

Just got mine delivered there. I won't get it until tomorrow evening, but still, :cool:

• Advertisement

You lucky sons a bi..... ;)

Still no update on mine. Nothing on the an post site. DHL still says 60%. Gonna send DHL and An Post a quick email. I'm hoping dhl can at least confirm it left Germany.

You lucky sons a bi..... ;)

Still no update on mine. Nothing on the an post site. DHL still says 60%. Gonna send DHL and An Post a quick email. I'm hoping dhl can at least confirm it left Germany.

Mine said 60% until today, now it's 80%. Really a hundred though :p

Contacted An Post by phone. Agent told me there is no record of this package on their system. He said to allow 7 working days for this but did also say there are daily flights from Germany to Ireland so he doesn't know why it wouldn't have arrived yet.

No response to email to DHL as of yet. Was hoping to have it today for my day off but will probably be the weekend at this stage... nuts! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

I placed an order with HWVS. and transferred money on Tuesday. they received yesterday and dispatched that afternoon. I selected UPS and its in the UK now. expected delivery is monday.

pretty happy with that. UPS will deliver to my door so i cut out anpost and with a 6 day turn around including transferring theyre not doing too bad. my order from dabs.ie is going to take 2 days longer and it was done with credit card on the same day.

Even though my card has been with them for more than a week, the card has not even been examined by anybody. It appears like its sitting in the warehouse going nowhere. :mad: I have ordered from amazon, dabs, hardwareversand, komplett and they were all excellent. Pixmania on the otherhand are a f**** joke.

Maybe if I start to create some noise about how s*** they are, they will start to take notice. I am going to email the managing director and see if that gets me anywhere (but it probably won't :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭M00lers

Waiting on a case fan from pixmania (first time using them and I feel dirty), who delivers when it reaches Ireland? I have a local tracking barcode that begins with CE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Lol have a shower. Last time I got gear from them it was UPS.

Waiting on a case fan from pixmania (first time using them and I feel dirty), who delivers when it reaches Ireland? I have a local tracking barcode that begins with CE.

its delivered through anpost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

N64 wrote: »
    Even though my card has been with them for more than a week, the card has not even been examined by anybody. It appears like its sitting in the warehouse going nowhere. :mad: I have ordered from amazon, dabs, hardwareversand, komplett and they were all excellent. Pixmania on the otherhand are a f**** joke.

Maybe if I start to create some noise about how s*** they are, they will start to take notice. I am going to email the managing director and see if that gets me anywhere (but it probably won't :p)

I feel your pain!

Ordered a digital camera and sd card from them 2 summers ago. Camera came, no card. Trying to get through to them is near impossible. They wanted photos of the box to verify that it was intact when it arrived. Then they told me they would have to launch an investigation which could take up to 28 days :eek: Having completed that, they then said it was up to the courier to investigate! They then sent me a document to sign which said " I certify that the SD card wasn't not in the delivered parcel". I refused to sign due to the phrasing and complained about the english wording. I was sent a corrected version and eventually, something like 6-7 weeks later, I got sent a replacement SD card.

I'll never buy anything from them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Delphi91 wrote: »
    I feel your pain!

Ordered a digital camera and sd card from them 2 summers ago. Camera came, no card. Trying to get through to them is near impossible. They wanted photos of the box to verify that it was intact when it arrived. Then they told me they would have to launch an investigation which could take up to 28 days :eek: Having completed that, they then said it was up to the courier to investigate! They then sent me a document to sign which said " I certify that the SD card wasn't not in the delivered parcel". I refused to sign due to the phrasing and complained about the english wording. I was sent a corrected version and eventually, something like 6-7 weeks later, I got sent a replacement SD card.

I'll never buy anything from them again.

Well you at least got your ad card, I ordered sd card from them 3 years ago and still waiting for it. U did not even bothered to make a fuss about it as it was something like 10eu, but now I never ever use pixmania no matter how good deal it is.

• Advertisement

So after many phone calls and emails I finally got this email from pixmania:
    Dear Mr N64,

I have just received a response from the repair warehouse that the AMD Radeon will not be able to be repaired.
    As we currently do not have any stock of this product I would like to offer you either a credit or a
    Substitute. I have contacted our purchasing team or the reshipment dates and also to give me a suitable replacement to propose to you.
    Should you have a suggestion of a replacement item for the same value or less I would be happy to request this also.

I look forward to hearing from you.

How can the manufacturer not repair the card ? It was a simple issue with the fan bearing? I could have just gotten a replacement fan off the likes of ebay but why should I have to ?

So I initially contacted them on June 26th, they fecked up big time with organizing the shipping label, lied to me about it and then on July 15th, they accepted it into their warehouse and I got this email today.

even though I had a terrible experience with them, I am surprised that things did not go worse (from me reading all the nightmare stories about them across the web)

If I go with the "credit" option I hope for their sakes that it means refund to my credit card. Otherwise It will be straight to court with them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So after many phone calls and emails I finally got this email from pixmania:

How can the manufacturer not repair the card ? It was a simple issue with the fan bearing? I could have just gotten a replacement fan off the likes of ebay but why should I have to ?

So I initially contacted them on June 26th, they fecked up big time with organizing the shipping label, lied to me about it and then on July 15th, they accepted it into their warehouse and I got this email today.

even though I had a terrible experience with them, I am surprised that things did not go worse (from me reading all the nightmare stories about them across the web)

If I go with the "credit" option I hope for their sakes that it means refund to my credit card. Otherwise It will be straight to court with them :D

i wonder what do they mean by credit? how much was it? if you can get a full refund to your CC then i would go for it and run away as far as possible from pixmania m8.

i wonder what do they mean by credit? how much was it? if you can get a full refund to your CC then i would go for it and run away as far as possible from pixmania m8.

€220 for the sapphire 7850. Yeah even though it might add a delay, I am never going to get anything off pixmania again and I will try to get a refund to my card :)

I wonder what they mean by 'suitable replacement'. Demand a 7870 from them!

I wonder what they mean by 'suitable replacement'. Demand a 7870 from them!

lol. As much as I would want to do that, what happens if the 7870 I get from them is fecked? Not going to take that chance and I am simply opting for the "refund" option.

As GCDlawstudent suggested on the thread in consumer issues, I plan to get a GTX 660 instead. Hopefully it will be out soon :D AFAIK it should be in the same price range as the 7850 (220€?)

lol. As much as I would want to do that, what happens if the 7870 I get from them is fecked?

You just demand a 7950 then! :D

No real word on pricing of the 660ti yet (there's going to be a 660 as well as 660ti), but results are looking good and it's supposed to replace the 560ti (€180-220, maybe?). It's been a while since I've seen a good fight from nVidia in the midrange and it looks like this could be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

You just demand a 7950 then! :D

No real word on pricing of the 660ti yet (there's going to be a 660 as well as 660ti), but results are looking good and it's supposed to replace the 560ti (€180-220, maybe?). It's been a while since I've seen a good fight from nVidia in the midrange and it looks like this could be it.

I really hope its in that range but with how good the benchmarks are I wonder how it will be priced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

On the 660ti - is 2GB enough. I expect GPUs to last 24 - 36 months and with 1440p and 1600p gaming I wonder if my odd requirement of uber image quality at 30-40FPS can be accommodated in 2GB.

Did I mention I bought a catleap and its freakin' awesome.

The number 83 bus trip back with it was less awesome :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

On the 660ti - is 2GB enough. I expect GPUs to last 24 - 36 months and with 1440p and 1600p gaming I wonder if my odd requirement of uber image quality at 30-40FPS can be accommodated in 2GB.

Did I mention I bought a catleap and its freakin' awesome.

The number 83 bus trip back with it was less awesome :(

It doesn't look great for 1440p gaming with the 192-bit bus :(. For 1440p the 7950 overclocked would wipe the floor with GTX 660ti, and a lot of the time can beat the 670 (2GB model)!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Here's hoping for another round of price drops on the 79XX series!

Advertisement