Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3a - Medical Examination

Options

Comments

Blue Belle wrote: »
    Now is as good a time as any??

Hence why i asked since it can take a while to leave your system!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Murphy(Cork)

Hence why i asked since it can take a while to leave your system!!

Yeah but is it just going to be a case of, make sure it's out of your system for the medical and start up again IF you get accepted?
    Coz it seems like in your earlier post, you were trying to justify it.

No wouldn't start again, not a regular smoker, a lot of my friends are, and occasionally after a nights drinking i might have a smoke with them, i was'nt trying to justify it, was just pointing out it wasn't hard drugs i was talking about, and adding the insignificance of it, after all it's a less harmful drug to society then alcohol, which is responsible for most of society's problems, however the law of the land sees things different and I accept that.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Paudie223

Gilberto, obviously if u are using illegal drugs of any kind id question your sincerity in joining the Gardai as illegal drugs are illegal drugs. Im assuming it is cannabis you are talking about. Depending on how much u smoke it, it can take about 1-2 months to leave your system, it can still be detected in the blood upto 2 months after the last time you use it and as I said before it all depends how much you use it. It somewhat depends on body mass, metabolism , diet.

Just Stay off it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭jt123456

They take a urine sample on the day of the medical. I always assumed this was to test for drugs and other things but i didnt want to ask questions. It would make sense for a law enforcement agency to test for drugs as i know for a fact all forces in the UK and the states do it. If you do fail your medical because of it, id have no sympathy for you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭cathalfeely

Don't do hard drugs but do smoke the occasional joint which to anyone with life experience would know is'nt any worse then taking a drink!.
    However i don't feel the need to do it forever so would want to know when to finish up with it!!

To the best of my knowledge there is a form of a drugs test in the medical but am not sure of exactly how intense it is. i know people who got through it with having the occasional spliff.....
    Also anyone from the Jan 08 or even the May 08 intake getiing words on their medical? I was told i would be got in contact with over a week ago and when i phoned up last week to find out the story i was told they would be in contact with me and there is no point in phoning back..... sooo annoying...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 tigerman2k

Just sat the interview last week. Can anyone tell me how long before you go the results?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭The Dude 87

tigerman2k wrote: »
    Just sat the interview last week. Can anyone tell me how long before you go the results?

Should be this week sometime! Best of luck!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tigerman2k viewpost.gif

Should be this week sometime! Best of luck!

That's great, thanks a million. Fingers crossed!

Just wondering when they start calling for medicals, I know that they will have to clear the backlog from the previous campaign eg feb i think. But when they start calling from this campaign in may......will they call people in from the batches they were in for the app. and interview first or what way does it work?? Eg. will they call everyone from batch 1 first and then move onto batch 2???:confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭andrew1985

id imagine its how well you do in stage 2! wouldnt think apptitude tests would come into it could be wrong:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

If I was to guess, I would say it's dependant on whose background checks are complete.

Blue Belle wrote: »
    If I was to guess, I would say it's dependant on whose background checks are complete.
    I would agree. I was told that the medical would not proceed until your background check has been processed.

So I take it you passed the interview? Congrats.

How long did u have to wait for your results?

andrew1985 wrote: »
    id imagine its how well you do in stage 2! wouldnt think apptitude tests would come into it could be wrong:confused:

I understand where your coming from on this but i was just wondering are you a certain batch the whole way through the campaign eg batch 1,2,3 etc or after you pass the interview is whoever's background checks are done first are called for a medical first??

Ok example I passed the interview 6 weeks ago in batch 1 and I'm hoping my background checks are underway...............but say someone who only passed the interview this week in batch 2 could they be called for a medical before me???? Thats what I want to know!! :o

tigerman2k wrote: »
    So I take it you passed the interview? Congrats.

How long did u have to wait for your results?

9 days from date of interview to arrival of letter

9 days from date of interview to arrival of letter
    Wow that's fast. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭soundlad

hey all. how is everyone. just after getting a date for my medical. i was in batch 1 in around the top one hundred. have to wait another month for medical but least i have a date now. anyone else hear ??

soundlad wrote: »
    hey all. how is everyone. just after getting a date for my medical. i was in batch 1 in around the top one hundred. have to wait another month for medical but least i have a date now. anyone else hear ??

hi soundlad how did they contact you about medical i.e phone or letter or email:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

There was definately medicals this morning;

I understand where your coming from on this but i was just wondering are you a certain batch the whole way through the campaign eg batch 1,2,3 etc or after you pass the interview is whoever's background checks are done first are called for a medical first??

Ok example I passed the interview 6 weeks ago in batch 1 and I'm hoping my background checks are underway...............but say someone who only passed the interview this week in batch 2 could they be called for a medical before me???? Thats what I want to know!! :o

sorry dude got abit confused:o i cant wait until all this confusion and waiting is over:mad::):(

• Advertisement

sorry dude got abit confused:o i cant wait until all this confusion and waiting is over:mad::):(

Hey no bother man.........same as yourself just wishing and hoping to hear something soon!!:p:(

from reading other posts today it seems people are getting dates so hopefully not to much more waitng dude:)

from reading other posts today it seems people are getting dates so hopefully not to much more waitng dude:)

Fingers crossed:)...............

i was just wondering, if you have been on the phone to hq and they say that they will phone u back in regarding your medical... and they dont.... you phone again and are told somebody will get back to you and then again they don't.... what would be the best possible way to contact them and get some answers???phone/e-mail???if so has anybody got the contact info???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Paolo5

As far as I know once you pass the interview the batches etc are no more. It is just down to how fast your checks are completed.

So in your example it is very possible someone from Batch 2 would get a medical before you in Batch 1 if for example they were single and had small family etc etc.

Wow, just got a phone call, got a date for my medical, its a while yet but at least i got the date, have been waiting a long time for this day, i know its not over yet but at least i know the ball is rolling again.....:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭jt123456

Congrats. A big relief id say. i know you've been waiting a while.

Wow, just got a phone call, got a date for my medical, its a while yet but at least i got the date, have been waiting a long time for this day, i know its not over yet but at least i know the ball is rolling again.....:):):)

hi could i ask roughly when is your medical:)

hi could i ask roughly when is your medical:)

its in the middle of october. are you waiting on yours?

• Advertisement

cmcskeane wrote: »
    Congrats. A big relief id say. i know you've been waiting a while.

Cheers, it has been a long time coming but it is such a relief to get the date when you get it...

Advertisement