Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3a - Medical Examination

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭The Dude 87

ta moko wrote: »
    Congrats on passing phase 2 Dude Must have been like winning the flipping lotto

Cheers:)...ye it was like that alright but only lotto plus 1 still waiting on the big one!!!;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Murphy(Cork)

Cheers:)...ye it was like that alright but only lotto plus 1 still waiting on the big one!!!;):D

Yeah and the amplitude test is lotto plus 2 :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Paolo5

picotto wrote: »
    Glad to hear you finally got some news! I done everything the same time as you but haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully I will hear something this week:o

Did you just hear today? Did they say your checks were still ongoing? I thought they have to be complete before you get your med date....

Just got the call today.

I had called last week and was told that there would be no medical until checks are complete as they did not have enough slots to do it in advance anymore.

Then I got a call out of the blue ... checks still not complete though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Murphy(Cork)

Paolo5 wrote: »
    Just got the call today.

I had called last week and was told that there would be no medical until checks are complete as they did not have enough slots to do it in advance anymore.

Then I got a call out of the blue ... checks still not complete though.

Great, least that ball is rolling again

Anyone know who you ask to speak to in HQ when ring about your background checks/medical????

And if you have a number that would be great also!!! Cheers!!:D

Pm me if you want!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 picotto

Just ask to be put through to recruitment and ask them whatever ya want, dont expect to get much info tho:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭cathalfeely

Hey all am just wondering if anyone knows if the medicals are up and running again? It is such a wait when you know you are waiting on your date. also is it definate about the drop in recruitment numbers or is it just another rumour to worry all of us???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭DK47

Hey all am just wondering if anyone knows if the medicals are up and running again? It is such a wait when you know you are waiting on your date. also is it definate about the drop in recruitment numbers or is it just another rumour to worry all of us???

RUMOUR PAS told me there wont be a freeze, just a drop back in numbers. she said there is noting on the cards but staffing levels are reaching the desired numbers. there will always be recruitment's but just in smaller numbers due to people retiring and leaving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭jt123456

Shortly after the last graduation last month the minister as on the radio stating that despite the recession fears there would definately not be a recruitment freeze. The lower intake numbers makes sense however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭soundlad

well guys. how are you all keeping. was really hoping to hear about medical this week going on holidays sunday for a week and have a feeling ill the week i am away will be the week they ring. mite be hard to make the 170 or wat ever the number is for the november intake its kinda worrying :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭andrew1985

alri lads does anyone have any idea when medicals start and how are we contacted about them cheers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Paudie223

Well. I passed the interview last week and I got a call from Garda headquarters concerning my form B, just asking about addresses. I took the chance to ask the lady how long did she think it would take b4 I was called for my medical, a few weeks I was thinking. She said it wud be more like a few months because there are still people waiting from the last competition for their backgrounds to be checked. Looks like we could be in for a wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Paudie223 wrote: »
    Well. I passed the interview last week and I got a call from Garda headquarters concerning my form B, just asking about addresses. I took the chance to ask the lady how long did she think it would take b4 I was called for my medical, a few weeks I was thinking. She said it wud be more like a few months because there are still people waiting from the last competition for their backgrounds to be checked. Looks like we could be in for a wait.

:eek: Really??? Not much hope of been in for November then is there?:(

Where abouts does the medical take place?

I took the chance to ask the lady how long did she think it would take b4 I was called for my medical, a few weeks I was thinking. She said it wud be more like a few months because there are still people waiting from the last competition for their backgrounds to be checked. Looks like we could be in for a wait.
    MOG7 wrote: »
    :eek: Really??? Not much hope of been in for November then is there?:(

Great..........looks like were in for a long wait then!!!:(:(:(

They take place in the Garda headquarters in Phoenix park. It seems like they may be passing alot more than they need in the interview and the apptitude stages, well im not complaining at all :) just slightly disappointed about possibly having to wait six months or so :(

They take place in the Garda headquarters in Phoenix park. It seems like they may be passing alot more than they need in the interview and the apptitude stages, well im not complaining at all :) just slightly disappointed about possibly having to wait six months or so :(

you will only pass a stage if you reach the standard, when they reach the amount of people they need they stop interviewing! thats why you are batched and ranked. thats why they interview batch by batch, the higher the batch you are in and the higher you are ranked in that batch the better chance you have of getting to interview! they wont pass and dont pass more then they need!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Audi2008

dkhill47 wrote: »
    you will only pass a stage if you reach the standard, when they reach the amount of people they need they stop interviewing! thats why you are batched and ranked. thats why they interview batch by batch, the higher the batch you are in and the higher you are ranked in that batch the better chance you have of getting to interview! they wont pass and dont pass more then they need!

Sorry im confused.... So the better you do in the exams the better chance you have in gettn pickd for the interview like you mean ur ranked higher in the list for interview???? ya?? no??:):confused::)

What you think??

Audi2008 wrote: »
    Sorry im confused.... So the better you do in the exams the better chance you have in gettn pickd for the interview like you mean ur ranked higher in the list for interview???? ya?? no??:):confused::)

What you think??

thats right, the better you do at aptitude test, the quicker you get interview date. thats if you provide all documents they require on day of aptitude test. if not there could be a delay, will you post in documents.

Yep that is 100% true. Batches are done by the week you do the test (1,2,3,4 etc) and you are placed within that batch. Years ago they waited till all the tests were done and you were ranked against everyone applying.

For example Batch 1 Top 50 would be much quicker to get an interview that Batch 3 Number 450.

Once you pass your time will come but things have generally slowed a little - even in the last year. Anyway this talk probably does not belong on this thread!

When they say casual dress when attending the medical what do they mean?

Tracksuit
    Jeans
    Slacks

or wha???

• Advertisement

Paolo5 wrote: »
    When they say casual dress when attending the medical what do they mean?

Tracksuit
    Jeans
    Slacks

or wha???

smart casual i suppose. ie shirt or jumper ect, and jeans slacks. track suit prob is not a good idea, never looks great, but its a personal thing i suppose!:)

I thought it was a case of the following. Lets say theres 4 batches, 1,2,3,4. The 4 batches together could amount to lets say 2000 applicants, 500 in each batch. If everyone in the first batch sits the exam and reaches the requirement well then that would mean 500 people go on from batch 1 to the interview, now obviously everyone is not going to pass the test but they all could. That then means they could all go onto the interview and pass. What happens to the other batches then?

You should not worry about others in the process. If 500 of 500 pass then all go through. It just means more to be interviewed and more remain in the system.

Within the batch the person that does the best is number 1 and it goes down from there.

could it be the case that someone who passes the test may never get called for an interview?

This is only a guess but I think that everyone who passes stage 1 moves to stage 2.

The only reason I can think of that you may not is if something came up with the initial backround / reference check on Form B or if you did not meet the requirements.

Your time will come but everything has slowed way down.

Is there a drugs test during the training process?

Is there a drugs test during the training process?

not sure to be honest, have never heard it mentioned but, if you need to worry about that. maybe the gs is not a good career choice.

if you need to worry about that, maybe the gs is not a good career choice.

+1

not sure to be honest, have never heard it mentioned but, if you need to worry about that. maybe the gs is not a good career choice.

Don't do hard drugs but do smoke the occasional joint which to anyone with life experience would know is'nt any worse then taking a drink!.
    However i don't feel the need to do it forever so would want to know when to finish up with it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

Don't do hard drugs but do smoke the occasional joint which to anyone with life experience would know is'nt any worse then taking a drink!.
    However i don't feel the need to do it forever so would want to know when to finish up with it!!

Now is as good a time as any??

Advertisement