Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting for Hong Kong Delivery

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

I sent a mail to an post with the details today. Waiting for a reply. Probably next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

Puding wrote: »
    just re read it again, makes even less sense:

so they say they can not send via courier but you can send via airmail e.g ems , is it me or does this completely contradict the situation we currently find are selves in.......

Only cargo over 100 kg will be shipped via airport to airport. Smaller parcels will be shipped via road, rail or sea.

Parcels can be shipped via road or rail to another airport outside of China for transportation.

MY cargo is going by this route. It will just take longer.

As I stated before, those whom are awaiting parcels should contact the retailer they purchased from, not the courier. You paid the retailer for delivery. They can search for your parcel easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

Not to gloat or anything because I thought i was in the same boat.

I paid for my GBB pistol and some other bits last Monday and they were delivered to work on Friday.
    That was from eHobbyAsia and UPS.

Although I did get stung for import tax.

Looking at the packing list there is no mention of a replica gun. Just "plastic toy".
    Maybe thats how it got here so fast.

Wavey.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Only cargo over 100 kg will be shipped via airport to airport. Smaller parcels will be shipped via road, rail or sea.

Parcels can be shipped via road or rail to another airport outside of China for transportation.

so they will ship via airmail but only when you order a load of stuff, then that has nothing to do with security

there as been no issues with any of the couriers carrying aegs and gbbs, only parcels that have been effected have gone thought ems/airsmail

Puding,

I never said it did. Their laws, their rules. As a consumer, you have the right to cancel said order & purchase through Europe, where you will only pay tax for that country & not have to worry about VAT or customs fees.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Is there some confusion between mainland China and Hong Kong here ?

Although governed by China, HK has its own set of rules, and this directive may not apply ?

Only offered the info that I received this morning.
    Point to note, yes HongKong works differently to mainland China, however their customs is under control of China's military.

Next time I won't bother & leave ye all wondering.

Could be as i believe even the production of aegs in china is technically illegal (no idea about this just something i've read a number of times). I was not having a go at any of your comments rhino just the situation in general, buying from hk is no problem you just have to ship it via tnt fedex ups , which in itself contradicts the statement you where sent, but non of this is new as ever new bit of info seems to be somethings different.

rhino what shop ever you ordering from in the first place? would be nice to know as the info seems to come from china source and not hong kong

Puding,

Aegs are not illegal as long as their shipped as toys. Problem is Aegs that are factory made in China are all over powered. Some of the companies are the same one's that produce real steele arms & munititions. Hence you need an import licence to purchase from them.

They're good quality ( some of them ) but they are made in the same factory. That's were the problems begin.

I purchase from several wholesalers & manufacturers both in HongKong & China.

• Advertisement

Aegs are not illegal as long as their shipped as toys. Problem is Aegs that are factory made in China are all over powered. Some of the companies are the same one's that produce real steele arms & munititions. Hence you need an import licence to purchase from them.

properly where the miss information comes from that i read then

the only info i had come across was for example from wiki
    In the People's Republic of China, it is rumored that airsoft has been made illegal in mainland China. However, it is essentially an underground sport, and local authorities turn a blind eye to it. This enables the sport to flourish within the country, and market stalls and shops continue to openly sell airsoft guns, despite the official legality situation. It is legal in China's SARs (Special Administrative Regions, such as Macau and Hong Kong), but this legality is likely to be suspended in lieu of the upcoming Olympic Games.

Rumoured!!

so impossible to say one way of the other, how did you get this email where you purchasing from mainland china or hong kong?

Got it from my main Hongkong supplier. Absolute bit8h!!

I've sorted my delivery. Just pity the others. They need to contact their retailer. Parcels do get lost.

Well if you getting that message from a hong kong retailer that means this could be a new issues and it appears to put more restricts above and beyond the messages we have got from hong kong post via ems and airmail, this restrictions do not seem to be enforced or in place yet as i've had a number of parcels containing aegs posted via couriers in the last few days, it might be worth forwarding the original onto iaa.

There could be something in the legality being suspended in the run up to the olympics, as least in mainland China.

One of my suppliers told me that a few airsoft factory owners had been arrested recently, and some others had closed down and gone into hiding.

And we're all worried about it being made illegal in Ireland - we never thought to worry about its legality in the country of origin !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

Tommyboy71 wrote: »
    I sent a mail to an post with the details today. Waiting for a reply. Probably next week.

Any luck with this Tommyboy?? I have been in touch with ehobby, who in turn are waiting on info from Hong Kong post apparently. :(

sci-ops wrote: »
    Any luck with this Tommyboy?? I have been in touch with ehobby, who in turn are waiting on info from Hong Kong post apparently. :(

Got a reply from An Post. No record of it hitting Ireland. They gave me the same advice as HK post office - "Contact seller to tell them to contact HK Post Office."

This is, seemingly, the Universal Postal Guidelines. Now I have to wait, again, on Ehobby to sort this out for me. Failing that, me and eBay will be having a nice cosy chat.

Perhaps over a coffee and cookies.

Not a happy bunny. I have got to shoot someone tonite.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

sorry , lads
    stupid question i have an RA tracking number from a HK seller , how does one track it ?
    anpost.ie refuses to acknowledge anything that didnt get sent to ireland and HKpost just tells me it got posted ?

http://app1.hongkongpost.com/CGI/mt/enquiry.jsp

try that, if the parcel contains aegs or gbb i do not hold out much hope of seeing it soon, i still trying to get my cobra airsoft parcel resolved thought paypal at the moment and that went via the same service

• Advertisement

nah , just tells me it has been posted and where its going to.
    i'll give it another 2 weeks before i freak.
    it only contains springs and teflon cylinders for the vsr so nothing for customs to get excited about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭motherfunker

Another week of waiting, another week of watching the postman walk past my house, only stopping to post the odd bill, another week of checking emails every 10 minutes, just in case. Another week of sweet fcuk all. I would be happy enough at this stage just to know what continent my mp40's are in.

Just got a reply from ehobby. They have been in contact with HK post and they should have an answer in about 3 WEEKS. This is getting forking ridiculous.

You will never guess what popped through my letterbox today. Go on, Guess!!!

Thats right. Something I ordered from Hong Kong 2 weeks ago. Still no sign of the mags. Now, I am no genius but if two items are posted 5 weeks apart surely the first item posted should reach you first.

just got me teflon cyclinder, piston and spring for my vsr today.

just the cyclinder head and spring guide left to order. i wish those laylax parts werent so bloody expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

okay folks, lost patience with ehobby.

I sent them an e-mail over a week and a half ago asking them to get in touch with HK post to find out where the bloody hell my parcel is. Got an e-mail saying that they were contacting HK post etc and they would give me an update......nothing for a week and a half.

Sent them another e-mail yesterday morning telling them that I am required to conact ebay within 60 days of transaction in the event of non-receipt, we are fast approaching that and if I don't have either another package sent or a refund by Friday I would be contacting ebay to protect myself. Received an e-mail today, with an attachment from HK post, with todays date!!!!!!!!!, saying that they are now chasing this up with An Post(apparently) and could take up to 2 months!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Need suggestions, should I just bloody well contact Ebay now? I first notified ehobby that I hadn't received my package 29th April, parcel was sent 11th of April according to HK Post.

sci-ops wrote: »
    Need suggestions, should I just bloody well contact Ebay now? I first notified ehobby that I hadn't received my package 29th April, parcel was sent 11th of April according to HK Post.

Contact eBay and get your refund. If you leave it too late, they won't entertain you. If the package eventually turns up you can pay for it again or return it to them.

Its part and parcel of doing business that things like this happen - I've had a few instances where an item has gone missing, I've refunded the customer or replaced it, and its then shown up weeks or months later.

as shiva said get in contact with paypal, i just had to get a refund from them for a pacage that never turned up, contained aegs sent via ems, got a 850usd refund in the end but took time

sci-ops

I am putting the ebay dispute thing to work for me today. I suggest you do the same. Contact PayPal as well and make sure you dont lose your money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭motherfunker

I paid through paypall but not through ebay, can I still claim a refund through paypall. I just paid directly through the company website.
    One of the guys I am waiting on stuff from has said he will send another order if I dont get mine by the end of this month but the other has said he is waiting till HK PO tells him if they are sending my parcell or not. That could take months. I am waiting since 1st of april, do I have to act soon?

Advertisement