Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting for Hong Kong Delivery

Options
  • 01-05-2008 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭

My order left HK on 2nd April according to the HK post office web site but has still not arrived in Ireland, according to the an post web site. Is this normal or does it look like I have a problem and if so what should I do next. I have emailed the company but still no reply, I am just expecting a "we posted it, dont know where it is now" type answer.
    Do things usually show up on the an post tracker site or is it just a dud?
    Will customs notify me straignt away if they have taken my aeg for any reason?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

My order left HK on 2nd April according to the HK post office web site but has still not arrived in Ireland, according to the an post web site. Is this normal or does it look like I have a problem and if so what should I do next. I have emailed the company but still no reply, I am just expecting a "we posted it, dont know where it is now" type answer.
    Do things usually show up on the an post tracker site or is it just a dud?
    Will customs notify me straignt away if they have taken my aeg for any reason?

Google "hk post office", go to mail tracking, put in your tracking number, if the item is in transit it will arrive, if had been returned to sender that will be shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

Still waiting on post from Hong Kong myself. Have checked the tracking number on Hong Kong post's website which tells me it's be sent but not showing on An Post yet. Strange thing is, I ordered something else from a different crowd in Hong Kong which was posted on same day and arrived last week. If you have the tracking number and Hong Kong Post show it as sent, I wouldn't worry about it too much yet. Give it till next week. If no sign, give an Post a ring and provide them with the tracking number. I know I checked the status of a parcel coming from Hong Kong throgh An Post's website which told me it wasn't here yet, but was delivered that evening. ahh, only us Irish!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Once it leaves hong kong, its on its way here.

Check an post then with your tracking number now and again to see if its in the country, it would only be seized if its over the joule, which I assume no-one is thick enough to order these days.

Sometimes it takes a few days, sometimes over a month, its a lottery most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

It also depends on the type of shipping, if it's going be air it should be in ireland no more than 5 working days after it departs HK, if it's by land/sea it could be up to 6 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Once it leaves hong kong, its on its way here.

This is not 100% correct at the moment, had cobra send me a parcel via ems/airmail showed as leaving HK but is in fact being held by hong kong post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭motherfunker

I just got this reply to an email I sent the company I ordered from. Can anybody shed any light on it?

Hello

We are so sorry to inform u that your gun maybe held in custom & cannot be dispatch. Because we are just informed there is a new regulation from HK Post Office.
    Anyway, we have sent a letter to HK Post Office & awaiting for the status/comfirmation of parcel if need to return to HK or not.
    Since that, pls also help to check the Post Office at your end to see if u can get it without returning to HK. Tks!

Tks & B.Rdgs

What does this mean, has anybody else heard anything about new HK regulations or am I just getting fcuked by these guys. Pardon my french but my patience is just wearing a bit thin at this stage.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055271894

enjoy the read, do they say what customs are holding them, from the wording it seems its not hong kong customs, is it uk by any change?

Sh1t

Just wondering if anybody has received anything from Hong Kong post since the middle of April. In particular, any items sent by e-hobbyasia.

I ordered a Tune up kit which was sent, according to the tracking number on the 11th of April (Hong Kong Post tracking site). Still hasn't arrived in Ireland according to An Post. Patience is wearing a little thin at this stage.:mad:

I'm going to give it another day or two and then send an e-mail to e-hobbyasia letting them know I still haven't received the item (roughly 20 business days later) and will be contacting e-bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭cpb

I got two packages one from ehobby asia and one from ebaybanned posted on the 11/04/08 and got them 22 and 23 of april but waiting on a package from rsov which was posted on the 9/04/08. all packages had parts no aegs or pistols.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

sci-ops wrote: »
    Just wondering if anybody has received anything from Hong Kong post since the middle of April. In particular, any items sent by e-hobbyasia.

I ordered a Tune up kit which was sent, according to the tracking number on the 11th of April (Hong Kong Post tracking site). Still hasn't arrived in Ireland according to An Post. Patience is wearing a little thin at this stage.:mad:

I'm going to give it another day or two and then send an e-mail to e-hobbyasia letting them know I still haven't received the item (roughly 20 business days later) and will be contacting e-bay.

yes, i got just this morning stuff from wgc that came via EMS. no aeg tho. it was posted on the 10th...arrived today...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

I had to get onto e-hobbyasia myself . I have been waiting since the 9th of April for stuff from them. I sent my final e-mail to them last night to get the matter sorted or I would be contacting e-bay myself and reporting the whole sorry mess to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭gonesharp

i ordered a cheap pistol off e-hobbyasia ,i think 9/4/ got it ok,mind you it was bang on the 14 days waiting for it.i also got a few odds and ends but they came within a week and half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭RabidDog

I ordered an AEG from CobraAirsoft.com in early April. It showed up on HK's tracking as "In Transit" to Ireland.

Problem was the package had left the post office there (where they marked it "In Transit") but had been held by the depot (who did not update tracking at all).

I waited a little over a week before contacting Cobra, they contacted HK and the next day found out that it was held.

In fairness to Cobra they got the package back and sent it via TNT Worldwide Express (not Economy) at no extra charge.

I have been waiting on 2 packages, both aeg's, one registered as leaving hk on 2nd april and one on the 14th. Got an email today from the 1st company saying hk post office no airsoft guns are being shipped by airmail as of 1st may, he says he has contacted them saying mine were posted in april. I am waiting for his reply, not holding my breadth.

Finally got a tracking number from ehobby and when I ckecked the HK postoffice I find out it was posted on the 11th April.

I think someone once threw a bottle with a message into the ocean and it made it around the world quicker.

This is really pi55ing me off :mad:

Tommyboy71 wrote: »
    Finally got a tracking number from ehobby and when I ckecked the HK postoffice I find out it was posted on the 11th April.

I think someone once threw a bottle with a message into the ocean and it made it around the world quicker.

This is really pi55ing me off :mad:

Curious, tracking number given to me by e-hobby also says 11th on the HK post website. I'm beginning to think there has been a slight mishap. Received e-mail from ehobby this morning telling me that they were going to check with HK Post to see where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Have you tried putting it into the anpost website? (track.anpost.ie) This will tell you if it's arrived in Ireland, it may be sitting in customs or something.

kdouglas wrote: »
    Have you tried putting it into the anpost website? (track.anpost.ie) This will tell you if it's arrived in Ireland, it may be sitting in customs or something.

yup, tells me it doesn't recognise the number

yup, tells me it doesn't recognise the number

Yeah, what he said.
    I checked it with HK post and I got a reply stating that I should contact the seller to tell them to make contact with them before I make contact with them:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭RabidDog

HK Post are holding packages (which contain a replica firearm) at their depot without marking them as held on the tracking system (in fact they show up as "In Transit").

It happened to me, the only way to resolve it is contact the retailer and have them contact HK Post.

RabidDog wrote: »
    HK Post are holding packages (which contain a replica firearm) at their depot without marking them as held on the tracking system (in fact they show up as "In Transit").

It happened to me, the only way to resolve it is contact the retailer and have them contact HK Post.

Which is fair enough, but I didn't order an AEG or GBB, just the tune up kit for a gearbox, so they have no reason to hold it:(....arrrrrghhhhh!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭MacAonghusa

i've ordered a lot of stuff from e-hobby and haven't had any problems. latest order arrived yesterday.
    I'd push them very hard to sort it out; put the responsibility on them and i'll bet they'll come through for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭mafiaboy

i ordered a c-mag on the 15/4/08 and get it in on the 12/5/08 just nerly 4weeks not so bad...

if you going to report receiving items could be only do parcels that contain gbb and aegs as these are the problems and what delivery service was used

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

Been notified by Chinese Customs that new legislation is now in place. I have included the following from their offices.

"Since here China Gov't said, gas or airsoft guns are can not send out by courier, only can by airport to airport. but air company require the minimum order must be 100kg to send, so, if you need airsoft, pls do not order less than 100kg"

I was informed that other parcels, will either be sent as a multi-drop by air per country or by sea, hence the delays.

I'd advise to contact the retailers involved & either re-schedule another form of delivery or cancel same.

Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Been notified by Chinese Customs that new legislation is now in place. I have included the following from their offices.

"Since here China Gov't said, gas or airsoft guns are can not send out by courier, only can by airport to airport. but air company require the minimum order must be 100kg to send, so, if you need airsoft, pls do not order less than 100kg"

I was informed that other parcels, will either be sent as a multi-drop by air per country or by sea, hence the delays.

I'd advise to contact the retailers involved & either re-schedule another form of delivery or cancel same.

Good luck with it.

???????????????????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

???????????????????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Don't shoot the messeger, I'm in stook too!!

well makes not sense, couriers are still handling the parcels and they have no problems with shipping and have not been informed of any changes to rules and regs, once again a nothing piece of info that makes no sense each bit we get says something different

• Advertisement

just re read it again, makes even less sense:

so they say they can not send via courier but you can send via airmail e.g ems , is it me or does this completely contradict the situation we currently find are selves in.......

Advertisement