Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft on FM104 phoneshow now

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

It could be argued that some airsofters I know are a combination, if not all, of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

NakedDex wrote: »
    It could be argued that some airsofters I know are a combination, if not all, of the above.

Good point.

Angry loners with replica guns!!! Shock!!!!

:pac:

In fairness, the Kennedy phone show is listened to by noone who's opinion take on board. It's sensationalistic at best. But, that's how the majority phone-in opinion shows are, generally populated by closed-minded people who have made up their mind about something long before they call in but are unwilling to back up their opinions or arguments with facts or evidence.
    There are the odd exceptions of course, those few eloquent and well versed people with whom it's a pleasure to have a debate. I've often turned it on when at a friends house just to laugh at the blind ignorance some people are willing to portray against one another on national radio.

Best left alone. Let the (inevitable) fight develop, come to a head, die down slightly and when everyone regains some composure the topic will be ended. Just like every other topic. It will come to nothing in the end more than free advertising for airsoft. As Vtec said, it's how he heard about it, and where would a lot of people in this sport be without his input?

Dick Masterson?

AND WE ARE THE PROBLEM????:mad:

Ladies and gentlemen of the airsoft community, this is a public service announcment.

Turn off your radios and do something more useful with your next hour or two, like watching paint dry, or seeing if a watched kettle actually does boil. If you live near a 24 hour shopping centre or similar, why not try putting a slinky on an escalator until midnight and see what happens.

Tom Brady (aka God) knows it'll be far more interesting, worthwhile and less angering than this tripe. You may even come out of it with the same IQ score as you went into it with. Something I assure you will not happen if you continue listening to your wireless.

• Advertisement

I agree with Dex. I've got my slippers on ad I'm going to bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

I agree with Dex. I've got my slippers on ad I'm going to bed.

Probably best to take them off before going to bed ?
    I know you Wickla fellas do things differently, but surely not that differently ??

Shiva wrote: »
    Probably best to take them off before going to bed ?
    I know you Wickla fellas do things differently, but surely not that differently ??

Tony ... you have no idea .... believe me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

:D:D:D:D

"...huns running over the hills, sticking an axe up their ass..."

:D:D:D:D

This is sooooooo bad it's nearly entertaining:D

nearly... shag this, I'm off to bed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭mafiaboy

i got so pissed off i ring them and was on just now talking about woman not been aloud to learn any thing and then lost my signal.
    dam curragh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭mafiaboy

thats it 15sec about airsoft now wonder i dont tune into fm104

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

At risk of indulging in self-inflicted masochism, has anyone got this recorded?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

any one got imoduim tablets ,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

So nothing happened?

I was in bed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Jaysus I wouldn't get into a sissy fit over this type of show, the target audience is right wing taxi drivers and insomniacs with emotional issues!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

I'd still like to hear there's just something about getting a hose that pumps donkey sh*t and sticking it to my ear that is strangely appealing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Gizmodeon

The only people listening to the radio at this hour are long distance drivers, crazy loners, anxious airsofters and the chronically unemployed.

Hey dex! I'm trying to get a job! :rolleyes:
    anyways, I missed it in the end....I was location hunting:p

seems like I didn't miss much anyways.
    right im off to the garage to lay siege to a box of cereal
    lol :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Keggers wrote: »
    I'd still like to hear there's just something about getting a hose that pumps donkey sh*t and sticking it to my ear that is strangely appealing

Hhaha.,. That line made me really laugh out loud.,:D Im gonna take note of that one and use it in future.,:p

funny enough i missed the show too, i was busy watching that new keanu reeves film.,:D
    although when i came out and got back in the car adrian made an announcment , (during the prozzie convo) that he had been back in touch with peter sharp and that the woman who claimed her son had bought a pistol in there had not returned it as she has said she would., so that pretty much proves she was full of sh*t.,;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Congrats to everyone for showing maturity by publicly bashing every member of the public who listens to this show (and other similar shows).

Whilst they may not be your cup of tea, they do have quite a large audience. To dismiss these shows as irrelevant is, in my opinion, a mistake.

The public, if only given one side of an argument/discussion, will tend to believe it as fact. It is human nature.

If I were to go on one of these shows and announced that I was a world famous scientist and that I had managed to create a working room-temperature nuclear fission reactor resulting in super cheap electricity, a great many people would believe it. It would remain like this unless someone came on the show and stated the fact that it was a hoax. This actually has happened before. Same goes for 'free energy' devices which supposedly 'create' energy ( http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/04/steorns-orbo-free-energy-machine-demonstrated-tomorrow/ )

Likewise, if someone goes on these shows and announces that airsoft AEG's are dangerous or can kill, then those with no knowledge of airsoft will believe them. At least if the facts are presented by someone 'official' (the IAA), most people will generally believe the facts, or remain undecided.

Burying our heads in the sand may result in danger of suffocation ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Our resident head case representatives were on hand, and up all night, waiting for the show in case they were needed.

I'll lampoon any radio red tops listeners I come across, lampoon them I will!

• Advertisement

I was a world famous scientist and that I had managed to create a working room-temperature nuclear fission reactor resulting in super cheap electricity

Room temperature fission would technically be useless, most nuclear generated electricty is generated by steam driven turbines from the amout of heat given off by the reaction.

I could make one if I wanted but I'd rather see the world crumble. Besides, I'm having farrrrrr too much fun playing with the CERN super collider to be bothered saving the planet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

dex, you NEED to get out more that said who doesn't like playing with super colliders? Anyway still no recording of the show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭JohnReisman

Just wondering is this the best place to post this??

FM104 in hot water

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

not really the place for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭JohnReisman

I'll try and come up with the words that make this a worthwhile thread on its own. Something along the lines of questioning the moral high ground they take when discussing airsoft.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Just wondering is this the best place to post this??

FM104 in hot water

:rolleyes:

absolutely nothing to do with airsoft or the show in question :)

Advertisement