Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft on FM104 phoneshow now

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Over now but they're gonna bring it back up tommorow.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

I would be usefull if they let someone from the IAA go on to put accross the public image needed, falling on deaf ears as it might.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭NMC

Jesus, poor peter got a wild doin ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

tabloid bating for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭amaughan

jesus i tried calling in i dont know how many times.
    everyone be ready to try get on tomorrow so we can try defend airsoft

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

I've let the guys know at info@irishairsoft.ie
    Thanks for bringing it to our attention though!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

fm104 at 11 o clock at night, who listens to the radio at this hour..

id be safe in the knowledge nothing drastic..if anything will come from this

did they have an iaa representitive or a main airsoft figure present?

if not then it wasnt a debate, just a chance for Jesinta to go on air to tell us how she was forced to sell her baby for BB's

or not...

anyone of any education...doesnt listento fm104 chat shows or "debates"

You know whilst on the topic, my mate is a journalist and has his own radio segment and is always looking for interesting topics, think its newstalk hes on, if someone from the iaa wants to step up to the plate and get defending then by all means ill get in touch

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

anyone of any education...doesnt listento fm104 chat shows or "debates"

If you think that then you really underestimate the power of radio, In fact, I actually found airsoft through the last airsoft topic on the adrian kennedy phone show,;) and my education is satisfactory thank you.,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

if they want educated they turn to joe duffy

joe duffy is a badgering old fool who has a following of geriatric menopausal aul-ones,

Whos ya sexy joe!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

To be honest I'm wondering if engaging with these people and in these arguments doesnt lend credence to the idea that airsoft NEEDS to be defended - as if we are guilty of something.

If it were a politician or George Clooney or someone kicking up a fuss it might be worth the effort but phone shows are little more than verbal cage fighting. They don't represent anything and are for entertainment rather than constructive value.

I only found out about this a little after midnight because I was in bed. Asleep. If the FM104 people can't be bothered to do any research (since none is needed for the format of the show) then to be blunt - I can't be bothered to waste time on them. If they have a genuine interest in finding out what he story is then they can email the IAA and ask for the attention of the PRO - I'm sure Sean will step up and if not I'll do it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

What arseagons, It is just jerry springer on the air.

If someone was able to counter the arguments calmly, and make it a really boring show with logic and reason, they wont bother again, just drone like a politician, ignoring the other person.

The more boring it is, and the less opportunity people have to rant the better.

Though there is logic in saying it is in fact complete crap and not worth getting involved in.

I dont think id be able for it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

vtec wrote: »
    joe duffy is a badgering old fool who has a following of geriatric menopausal aul-ones,

Whos ya sexy joe!

Not a good idea to publicly bash presenters who may be hosting topics on airsoft in the future. Then there is the potential legal ramifications...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

When my friends or family hear me say LCD they just shrug their shoulders and smile. Its what I say about things like the phone show on fm104. And its not Liquid Crystal Display as some of you were about to guess. Its Lowest Common Denominator. They try and find an emotive topic and try and put two idiots together to fight each other like cocks or dogs and they site back and count the money from advertising revenue. They would make ratings of their own mothers death if it was interesting enough. And they leave it to knuckle dragging spas to do their work for them. Best reason why they will leave us alone is when they find we dont put up a good fight from their prospective, ie more callers ringing in wanting to argue.

I agree with you on that but sometimes to win a fight, you have to fight on the enemies playing field.

Not a good idea to publicly bash presenters who may be hosting topics on airsoft in the future. Then there is the potential legal ramifications...

we already know his position on the sport, he was single minded and stubborn in the past, hes never gonna sign up and be best buds with us.,;)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭mafiaboy

what time is it on

9:30

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

I take it the IAA are fully aware and on stand by? And a whole load of irate Airsofters ringing in and returning fire will be of no help at all, if anything, will cause a negative result. Not Modding here, but this is a public forum...whos to say whos reading our posts.....;)

iceage wrote: »
    I take it the IAA are fully aware and on stand by? And a whole load of irate Airsofters ringing in and returning fire will be of no help at all, if anything, will cause a negative result. Not Modding here, but this is a public forum...whos to say whos reading our posts.....;)

Dr.P and Hive are unpacked from their boxes and ready to go if it seems necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Motosam wrote: »
    Dr.P and Hive are unpacked from their boxes and ready to go if it seems necessary.

I hope they are fully charged.:p

• Advertisement

dam im in the curragh and cant pick up fm 104.4

I hope they are fully charged.:p

Li-po's and all.

yeah... less forum for me please for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Motosam wrote: »
    Li-po's and all.

yeah... less forum for me please for a while

got it im on the curragh range in my car phone full charged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

The IAA PRO is on standby if he is needed.

Baited breath...................;)

p.s there is a car just pulled near me i think this is a dogging spot

Is that really relevent? Are you sitting in a ditch with a laptop? :rolleyes:

Don't answer that, really, I'm serious don't answer ..

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Watching bones, will podscast it later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Nice one Lethal.

If this doesnt get to the point I'm going to bed. The only people listening to the radio at this hour are long distance drivers, crazy loners, anxious airsofters and the chronically unemployed.

Advertisement