Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EMS China

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Perhaps I'm lucky so:

EDIT: EMS HK not CH

Posting Date Posting Time Drop-off Point
    17-Dec-2009 11:24 San Po Kong Post Office

Date # Location Delivery Status
    17-Dec-2009 Hong Kong Item posted and is being processed.
    17-Dec-2009 Hong Kong Processed for departure.
    17-Dec-2009 Hong Kong The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 17-Dec-2009
    18-Dec-2009 Ireland Arrived and is being processed.
    18-Dec-2009 Ireland Pending customs inspection.
    19-Dec-2009 Ireland In transit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Very had any problems with EMS. Usually get items from China within 12 working days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 STEVIEMCG09

Hey there been reading through th threads and it seems quite a few people have been conned. I was wondering if anyone has used a site - abercrombieonlinestore.com i ordered christmas presents on the 7th of Christmas and they still havent arrived i've continually emailed them and they have continued to reply but in terrible grammar....my tracking number has now shown up that it is in Poort laoise.... what do you think??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

You will get your items but I'd be amazed if they are genuine.
    The main sorting office is in Port Laoise (i think) and thats why they go there first.

The good news is you probably won't be stung for duty as An Post handles EMS deliveries when they arrive in Ireland (I'm open to correction on that)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

RoadKillTs wrote: »
    You will get your items but I'd be amazed if they are genuine.
    The main sorting office is in Port Laoise (i think) and thats why they go there first.

The good news is you probably won't be stung for duty as An Post handles EMS deliveries when they arrive in Ireland (I'm open to correction on that)

Its random but they do check a certain % of packages about 5 % i think.

Items prob will arrive 1 or 2 days after they land in Port laoise Tracking number will show up if its been handed over to customs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Garfieldd

EMS China had a bit of nightmare for their Christmas deliveries. I think they got a bit overwhelmed with the whole world ordering their Christmas presents from there this year. People don't even know thats where their orders are coming from most of the time because they used an American website to place the order. They are normally quite good but a lot went against them this year. The bad weather in Europe slowed down the items ( airports closing ) & created big backlogs ( a lot of their stuff got stuck in Germany ). Some of their items were only arriving 2 to 3 weeks after Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Enigmadoomy

Ok so on the 10th of may i ordered some stuff from www.davismicro.com...i paid for expedited shipping which is dhl/ups etc......however they said they shipped my stuff via ems and gave me a trackin code...i checked ems site and seen my package supposedly sent out on the 12th....its now the 18th and still no sign of it on the an post website so its not in ireland yet....should i be worried here???

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭stapolinhosting

Ok so on the 10th of may i ordered some stuff from www.davismicro.com...i paid for expedited shipping which is dhl/ups etc......however they said they shipped my stuff via ems and gave me a trackin code...i checked ems site and seen my package supposedly sent out on the 12th....its now the 18th and still no sign of it on the an post website so its not in ireland yet....should i be worried here???

Hi Enigmadoomy,

I would not be too worried just yet. If you read some of my previous posts you will see that there can be an issue of trying to track an EMS tracking number on the An Post website. The best thing to do is phone an post and provide them with the trackign number and see if they can locate your item.

It can take about 2 weeks for an item to be delivered from china using EMS, so in reality its only been just over a week since it was dispatched.

If An Post dont have the tracking yet then I would presume it is still not in their system, meaning its not in Ireland yet. If they can't find it, give it a few days and try again.

Whats happened to me a few times is the item has arrived at my door even though the tracking said the items were not in Ireland yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 keithraymond

:mad:Took my parcel 38 days to arrive from Beijing!!
    Not happy either with EMS but am wondering had ash cloud anything to do with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 GlenMcCarthy

I bought a phone from hong kong and it was posted from hong kong on the 4th of november 2010 and it still hasnt arrived its a christmas present do im gettin worried about will it arrive on time:( :(:(
    its coming with ems and i thought its supposed to be fast but it has no changes on the ems tracking site so it could be anywhere in the world.
    And one other thing does ems send it to different countries before it comes to ireland or does it come straight from hong kong.:confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

I bought a phone from hong kong and it was posted from hong kong on the 4th of november 2010 and it still hasnt arrived its a christmas present do im gettin worried about will it arrive on time:( :(:(
    its coming with ems and i thought its supposed to be fast but it has no changes on the ems tracking site so it could be anywhere in the world.
    And one other thing does ems send it to different countries before it comes to ireland or does it come straight from hong kong.:confused::confused::confused:

dont be to worried , try your trracking number on the anpostg website see if its in ireland

iv had this problem many times but they always arrive in the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 GlenMcCarthy

yeah i did check on an post but there is nothing there :(:(:(
    my friend ordered the same phone 3 days after mine and his arrived on friday i just dont no wats wrong but nothing was up on an post with his tracking id but it already arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Your item was not delivred successfully(IRELAND SOUTH DUB) at 2010-11-19 12:23:00

Timing Site Status  
    2010-11-14 09:46:00
    HUANGDAO Posting  
    2010-11-15 10:08:13
    QINGDAO Arrival at Sorting Center  
    2010-11-15 11:25:13
    QINGDAO Despatch from Sorting Center  
    2010-11-16 20:04:42
    BEIJING Arrival at Sorting Center  
    2010-11-17 01:15:45
    BEIJING Despatch from Sorting Center  
    2010-11-18 15:58:00
    IRELAND P'LAOISE SDS Arrival at Sorting Center  
    2010-11-19 09:07:00
    IRELAND SOUTH DUB Arrival at Delivery Office  
    2010-11-19 12:23:00
    IRELAND SOUTH DUB Attempted delivery

Apparently mine touched down in Ireland from Beijing in just 1 day, pretty fast I reckon :D

Unfortunately I was at work today so I couldn't receive it. An Post didn't leave a leaflet to say I need to collect it or anything like that. Will they just deliver again on the next working day which is monday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 svsdemir

Hey Guys,

I have purchased a phone from a chinese site called 'http://www.szxinyangs.com/' i think its scam company. because i just checked domain age its result:
    Results for szxinyangs.com :
    Domain Created on:
    November 14 2010

So im basically f****d i think. They gave me a tracking number which is not giving me any information when i track it. Do you guys know what to do next? will contacting chinese embassy help i wonder??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

svsdemir wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

I have purchased a phone from a chinese site called 'http://www.szxinyangs.com/' i think its scam company. because i just checked domain age its result:
    Results for szxinyangs.com :
    Domain Created on:
    November 14 2010

So im basically f****d i think. They gave me a tracking number which is not giving me any information when i track it. Do you guys know what to do next? will contacting chinese embassy help i wonder??

Yes looks like a scam Western Union and bank transfer only option of payment.

Chinese embassy won't be able to do anything, I don't think you have any other options other than learn from the mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 wallace23

i have ordered shoes from china since the 7th of december to hungary from the website bestsale21.com but the tracking number they gave me shows the parcel hasnt left shangai till now,please i really need to know if this is a scam or not,i talk to the guys on their customer support chat and they keep assuring me the parcel is on its way and that EMS is slow,does anyone know anything about this or these sellers,i paid via western union as well,thanks

my tracking number is EE427778523CN by the way.thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

To be honest the fact you paid with Western Union it sounds like scam, also having a quick look at the website the contact address is Hotmail.com and Yahoo.com also sounds like scam BUT doing a search on that tracking number in in Hungary it does recognize it, maybe get someone to call them in Hungary and check the status.

I used http://www.track-trace.com/post for tracking.

EE427778523CN
    Időpont Hely * Küldemény információ Kiegészítő információ
    2010.12.07 16:52 201504(CHINA) Küldemény felvéve / Item accepted

2010.12.08 01:40 CNSHAD(CHINA) Célországba elküldve / Item sent abroad

2010.12.08 13:15 CNSHAD(CHINA) Célországba elküldve / Item sent abroad

Best of luck hope you get it.

thank u so much nava, i hope i get it too,i just cant believe how long this is taking. could i go to the hungarian post to ask them the status?cheers mate

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

I bought handbags for myself and 2 sisters from stylerain.com in china, paid via western union
    Tracking Number: EE042903987CN

2010-12-08 22:14:00 CHANGSHA Posting
      2010-12-09 08:44:39 CHANGSHA Arrival at Sorting Center
      2010-12-09 09:22:37 CHANGSHA Despatch from Sorting Center
      2010-12-14 01:44:00 GUANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center
      2010-12-14 09:08:00 GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center

Still haven't arrived, so sisters got no xmas pressie yet

Is it just the xmas load thats delaying things?:o

• Advertisement

No idea really,i still havent gotten my order yet ,its 31st december today and i ordered since 5th december.I dont know how busy the traffic is that they would delay for 1 month,i m starting to believe its a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭doubletap

its always slow the quickest that i got stuff that was sent with EMS was 2.5 weeks the slowest was 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Online Buying & Auctions

dudara

noah45 wrote: »

Is it just the xmas load thats delaying things?redface.gif

Here's mine:

2010-12-06 02:45:00 XISHAN Posting
    2010-12-06 15:09:14 KUNMING Arrival at Sorting Center  
    2010-12-06 20:11:20 KUNMING Despatch from Sorting Center  
    2010-12-10 10:36:00 GUANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center  
    2010-12-11 11:13:00 GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center

The seller notified me that she had posted the item on the 29th of november and gave me the tracking number. So it basically took them 7 days just to post it to a sorting center and another 5 days to post to another sorting center :mad:

This was supposed to a christmas pressie as well but it's too feckin late now. I've told the seller I will open a dispute with PayPal if I still don't receive this next week. So now apparently she will contact the post office and see what's happening with my package.

I've had over 10 packages sent by EMS in the last three months and they all arrived within 8 days so I'm shocked this one hasn't even arrived yet after more than a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Aoifev

I ordere 5 pairs of boots at the end of novemebevr of a website called tradetang, they were meant to be a christmas present and i still havent recieved them, they have been in shipping for a month now with ems. i started a dispute with tradetang and all they said was that sometimes it takes longer for packages to arrive. i was told they would be here in 5-8days. heres my tracking info

2010-12-03 17:18:00 JIANGMEN Posting
    2010-12-03 17:30:00 LANGSUO Despatch from Sorting Center  
    2010-12-03 18:52:14 JIANGMEN Arrival at Sorting Center
    2010-12-03 19:15:52 JIANGMEN Despatch from Sorting Center  
    2010-12-03 23:05:00 GUANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center  
    2010-12-04 10:45:00 GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center

I bought handbags for myself and 2 sisters from stylerain.com in china, paid via western union
    Tracking Number: EE042903987CN

2010-12-08 22:14:00 CHANGSHA Posting
      2010-12-09 08:44:39 CHANGSHA Arrival at Sorting Center
      2010-12-09 09:22:37 CHANGSHA Despatch from Sorting Center
      2010-12-14 01:44:00 GUANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center
      2010-12-14 09:08:00 GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center

Still haven't arrived, so sisters got no xmas pressie yet

Is it just the xmas load thats delaying things?:o

Finally pkg has arrived in portlaoise, and in customs,
    what does that mean?
    Does everything go through customs before being sent on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

It means a long delay, and a bill from customs, usually I'm afraid.

what does that mean?

Unlucky man :( How much did you pay including shipping ? I ordered 150 euros worth of stuff a while ago but it wasn't caught by customs.

At least your stuff are in the country though, mine still says "Despatch from sorting center" :mad:

what does that mean?
    Current Status
    RELEASED FROM CUSTOMS 03-Jan-11 Item History
    Activity

RELEASED FROM CUSTOMS
    PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOISE
    03-Jan-11
    ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER
    PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOISE
    03-Jan-11
    ITEM SENT TO CUSTOMSPORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOISE
    03-Jan-11
    ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMERPORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOISE
    03-Jan-11
    ITEM RECEIVEDPORTLAOISE OVR CO LAOIS
    03-Jan-11

Does the above mean I won't have to pay tax? Has it gone through without problems?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

No, it only means its on its way to you, you wont know if you have to pay until it arrives

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement