Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art Paper

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Lordvaluemart

shazpunk wrote: »
    no lol they were the clagraphy extracts ;p

thank you, ill look a few up, or I could just wait till Friday lol

oooh, if you haven't been doing the imaginative composition all along dont change, its SOOOO hard to get marks on, still like i WAY easier to pratice too. Have you done IC before?

I did IC for the mock and once twice before that but i did loads of still life for my portfolio earlier in the year. Think i might just to IC cause i can just do basically exactly what i did for the mock! :D

craxsham wrote: »
    are these Poster themes for higher level????
    -Car Rally Stage
    -Recycle Reuse
    -You're a Star

Yep. Those are the poster themes for the higher level craftwork paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 xxGemmaxx

Anyone know what is says in the Craft paper about the Bookcraft.

Please please help!!

xxGemmaxx wrote: »
    Anyone know what is says in the Craft paper about the Bookcraft.

Please please help!!

The bookcraft on the higher level craftwork paper is

Design and make a box file, or a document wallet or a folder to hold cuttings on one of the following topics
    a) Special Occasions
    b) Favorite Foods
    c) Interior Decoration

Your finished craft piece should be made from appropriate materials and should function. Its shape should reflect the topic. Mazimum size; 40 cms at the greatest dimension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 xxGemmaxx

Thanks a million!!x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daggy

wow the poster titles suck.... :eek:

Car Rally Stage? Inspiring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

Here's my pretty much final idea for my imaginitive composition based on
    "like a lost child in a crowd of strange legs"
    Any people got opinions or such?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭shazpunk

daggy wrote: »
    wow the poster titles suck.... :eek:

Car Rally Stage? Inspiring.

The poster titles are BRILLIANT!!! are you kidding me?
    You just need to be imaginative, and brain storm!!!

jeeeze, do your teachers not teach you anything?

shazpunk wrote: »
    The poster titles are BRILLIANT!!! are you kidding me?
    You just need to be imaginative, and brain storm!!!

jeeeze, do your teachers not teach you anything?

Well compared to last year they're pretty crap, "Holiday in Space" was pretty amazing

And to be honest the only people who draw cars in my school are all the boy racers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭shazpunk

You don't need to draw a car! Its all about developing your idea. you know every other person in the country is going to draw a car for it, and that will get all boring for the examiner, you need to like do something different!!!

have you not brainstormed it yet? expanded it? related it?

there's also your a star which is really good, and reduce reuse has SOOOO many posibilities!!

• Advertisement

They're all pretty cliché-ish though!!
    And a car rally stage poster would be bad enough if it didn't have any cars in it:P

And i'm doing the Lino not the poster :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lemonmiringue

omg can someone pleeze pleeeze help me!!! i'm after getting into a right state, i'm so stressed. i was all set to do a poster but i'm really not feeling those titles now so i've decided to do the bookcraft but on the paper it says that the shape should suit the title...what does this mean? oh and also how do you actually make the book? are you allowed to just cover a normal folder and decorate it. oh and also do you fill the inside with more illustrations? i would be so grateful if someone could explain :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    Here's my pretty much final idea for my imaginitive composition based on
    "like a lost child in a crowd of strange legs"
    Any people got opinions or such?
    Hehe, I was thinking of working from that line...
    *yoink!*

Nah I kid, stealing is bad mmk.

I'd say make the child smaller and the legs bigger to emphasise the lostness of it all, but that looks grand.

@lemonmiringue: Don't do book craft if you've never done it before, there's all sorts of guide lines you have to follow. I considered it at the start of the year but I felt it wasn't worth learning an entirely new discipline. You have to actually make the folder... it's like embroidery, if you're doing it they'll expect you to have experience in it and skill, so it'd be madness to take it up all of a sudden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lemonmiringue

oh no! do you really think so? omg i'm panicking here so much! i am actually screwed. i think i'm going to fail no matter what i do :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭xxGalwayGirlxx

omg can someone pleeze pleeeze help me!!! i'm after getting into a right state, i'm so stressed. i was all set to do a poster but i'm really not feeling those titles now so i've decided to do the bookcraft but on the paper it says that the shape should suit the title...what does this mean? oh and also how do you actually make the book? are you allowed to just cover a normal folder and decorate it. oh and also do you fill the inside with more illustrations? i would be so grateful if someone could explain :confused:

heya,
    I'm not that sure on what your supposed to do for the bookcraft as my teacher has never seen one done.
    But I'm making one from scratch, getting two pieces of card and puttting book cloth around it, then putting just blank pages in it.
    I think its just mainly the technique you use.
    But I dont now about the Title, am I supposed to write on it or what?

I really not sure what your supposed to do actually.

ANYONE HERE EVER DONE THE BOOKCRAFT???
    Please help.........................

I'd say make the child smaller and the legs bigger to emphasise the lostness of it all, but that looks grand.
    thanks for the comments ;p mine is tuesday OH GOD!! I spent all day in the art room doing it (but was forced out for graduation photos and my french teacher almost DRAGGED me out for her class) and the same thing is gonna happen on wedns and thurs!!!

What's the sitatuation with everyone else?

And to the people who are planning on doing bookcraft without ever having done it before....WHAT THE HELL ARE YE THINKING?!
    Can't ye do the lino instead? It's ten times easier!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

I was thinking of doing:

Puppet, Street Entertainer:
    1. A guy with parachute pants, colourful clothes balancing plates on poles in his hands (reds, green, yellows)
    2. A gypsy type woman/fortune teller with tarot cards in one hand. (purples, greens, flowing skirts, shawl etc)
    3. A puppeteer with a marionette doll. I think it'd be pretty cool.

No idea of the still life yet :(
    Life drawing is going to suck for the model, 30 mins in that pose is going to be sore!

As regards book craft, my art teacher gave me some handouts on it at the start of the year, for the folder it looked like you had to have something like this:
    Little window opening on one side for putting in a title "card" or something,
    Fan-type extending sides, if you know what I mean, a little like a "bellows", I guess.
    I can't remember too accurately and I dunno where those pages are. I really would advise against doing it if you don't know what's involved, unless you literally cannot do anything else.

I'm doing my craft paper on Tuesday, doing calligraphy on the second poem... was gonna do the first as I play music and all, but storms are difficult to depict, so I went for a slightly simpler idea. Mostly text anyway, kind of making my own font up... Spent all of today in Cork/on a bus so no art done and I'm away for the weekend, so Monday is just gonna be Art Cramming Day... Ah I'm a sensible one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

oh no! do you really think so? omg i'm panicking here so much! i am actually screwed. i think i'm going to fail no matter what i do :(

did yu ever think of doing the design paper instead? I'm not really sure what the difference is but i know you don't get5 as long to do it but anyway, the topics are:
    1) A poster for a vampire convention
    2) A logo for a vietnamese café
    3) a book cover for...i forgot actually, but it's something to do with gardens

Anyway ask your teacher about it, ours said we could do it if we really didn't like the topics for ours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 spacebarbiek8

OMG any1 know the O.L. paper im screwed i was sick when they were handed out thursday and im not in til tuesday!!! HELP!!!:(:eek::(:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

I'm fairly pleased with the papers...I'd planned to do calligraphy anyway, and mercifully the texts seem okay. I'm doing the second one, about the gnats, as I preferred it to the other.

For the the Imag Comp/Still Life paper, I'm still kind of undecided - I'll either do a still life of a grouping of objects from the first (coffee cups, chocolate, espresso machine?) or an imaginative comp based on the third text (The Restaurant at the End of the Universe :))

What I was wondering, though, is about the justification you have to write on the back of your imaginative composition. How long does it have to be? A general thing, or more precise? And do you have to refer to artistic techniques like lighting, perspective, arrangements e.t.c? (I'm doing art outside of school, in my own time, so am going into the practical fairly blind)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 artstudent

I still havent gotten my imaginitive composition yet but for the craft Im going with the poster and picking Recycle Reuse. .sometimes its the most random titles that after a little brainstorm,create the best idea. . . Im a fashion student aswell so I think Im going to recycle one of my ideas from a few months ago [no pun intended actually! haha]

As regards book craft, my art teacher gave me some handouts on it at the start of the year, for the folder it looked like you had to have something like this:
    Little window opening on one side for putting in a title "card" or something,
    Fan-type extending sides, if you know what I mean, a little like a "bellows", I guess.
    I can't remember too accurately and I dunno where those pages are. I really would advise against doing it if you don't know what's involved, unless you literally cannot do anything else.

Thank for the help, Its just those simple things I didnt know, what to realy do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Harpie

I did my Leaving a couple of years ago and I have to say that if its actually possible to enjoy an exam, I thought the Art practical was great. Once you get started theres no real sense of pressure or nerves u just get on with it. I stuck in the ipod and worked for the day without once getting stressed out. The paper itself is just really a formality..you can pretty much bring in anything you want-even from one word of the extract or guideline. I did the clay option and it went really well. Good luck and its really nothing to stress out about ;)

Ya I really think Art is one of the best subject to choose, Its your ideas and its least stressfull, I love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Harpie

Definitely, I mean ya have so many of the marks before u go in 2 do the art history paper.. I loved it wish I was still doin some art now! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

i think it would be beta tho if it was marked in a 70%-30% ratio, i tink a little too much emphasis is put on the history! :(

Anyone know what the titles for the Poster in Pass art??

Did my craft today, managed to finish with half an hour to spare and all. It's a bit difficult to maintain concentration for 5 hours, especially if you, like me, are doing meticulous lettering... The 2 hour break is nice, though. Anyway, that's that done... now onto imaginative composition...

• Advertisement

Did my craft today, managed to finish with half an hour to spare and all. It's a bit difficult to maintain concentration for 5 hours, especially if you, like me, are doing meticulous lettering... The 2 hour break is nice, though. Anyway, that's that done... now onto imaginative composition...

im glad it went well for you :)

I had my imaginitive composition today, it went great :D the examiner was an art teacher herself and she stood behind me for like 10 mins and went "I love that bit" and i was like "it's a squiggle" and she said "it's a damn good squiggle!" and she gave me tips and stuff, she helped everyone in fact :P
    and then my life drawing went amazing too! I got the prettiest and easiest girl in the school to draw and it went perfect :)

Advertisement