Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie/Poker Pro Ev tournament

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭The Tourist

Any Wii versions getting a run out to level the playing field?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

eoghan104 wrote: »
    Get out. Get out right now.

You'll find that it's a better game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,158 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Not interested in playing but I could provide up to 10 Xbox 360s if required.

If you guys aren't too fussy about the actual game I could probably get sponsorship from EA (probably a console or year's supply of games) if you go for UEFA Euro 2008.

Let me know.

Thanks for the offers, we may take you up on the xboxs if we need them. I dont think we can switch the game, it would kind of defeat the purpose of a Pro Evolution Tournament!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

R__J wrote: »
    if its xbox 360 im in! I can also supply an xbox360 courtesy of AKQJ10 who is btw a fantastic pro evo player!

remeber our spectaculr game where I went for the defender-keeper pass-a-roo for 10 mins, best point i ever won.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I would play but I'm off to see Munster beat those cheese eating surrender monkeys on 24 May.

You from Cork? It's a sin in my eyes for a Leinster man to be cheering on Munster!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

RasTa wrote: »
    You from Cork? It's a sin in my eyes for a Leinster man to be cheering on Munster!

Even more disgraceful if they take a ticket from a proper munster fan + supporter

• Registered Users Posts: 36,158 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    lol. I'm as proper a Munster fan as they come and have been for the past 9 years.

The Leinster rugby team represents a small portion of the population of Dublin - particularly South Dublin. They do not represent me in the slightest.

That was directed towards you or anything..........

I just love these Leinster supporters who only come out when leinster has a chance of winning and then jumps on the Munster band wagon every year.............

I actually played for Munster U18 all those years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

remeber our spectaculr game where I went for the defender-keeper pass-a-roo for 10 mins, best point i ever won.

so you were liverpool then?

i'm in!!

10 min clock for tournament then single heads up matches for whatever stakes people wanna play, put your name down on list, first come first served for the heads up games after, like joining the cash game list.

• Advertisement

Ok, so I have played the playstation version, i dont think there is enough difference to warrent using both, the only major difference seemed to be the tilt inducing lag. If you play the playstation version, just try it out on the xbox, Its the exact same game.

Having discussed it with a few people, im happy to go ahead as in the OP, but with 15 minute matches. If we manage to source more Tv's we can change it.

Good idea about the extra games DIT. We can do something like that.

So to book your place you need to give me 55 Euros. You can pay me on Stars, (hectorjelly) or in real life. Post here when you pay me, if you cant pay on stars and dont know me pm me and ill arrange something. 55 Euro = $85

Lastly, it would be really handy for me if i could pay the winners online (back through stars) Then I wouldnt need to cash out the money and suffer netellers increased charges, or convert it to euros. Would this be acceptable? I wont make anyone join up to a poker site!

Bump!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

If you thought i was bad on the ps3, I'm even worse on the xbox cos im not used to the controllers at all. As tilting as the lag is on the ps3, i would still prefer to play it on it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭mormank

Here's a question. I've played PES on PS, PS2, and PS3 nearly exclusively.

I've played about 50 games or so on the Xbox360 (b4 i played on PS3) and apart from different joypads I don't remember noticing that much of a difference.....

So what's the differences?

first off, i cant believe i missed this thread til now. a pro evo tournie. im no pro but i have won everyone i have entered!! 1. was class tho. great craic.

ricky they are so different, it has to be said the xbox version of pes 2008 is far better. better rame rate etc..no comparison.

and also i cant believe the day ye have picked is the day that munster are in the heineken cup final. would this happen if leinster had gotten there??

COME ON MUNSTER!!!!

eoghan104 wrote: »
    Get out. Get out right now.

big lol...

I dont care how many xboxes he can bring. talk of playin any other soccer sim bar pro evo should be quashed right away!!!

If you thought i was bad on the ps3, I'm even worse on the xbox cos im not used to the controllers at all. As tilting as the lag is on the ps3, i would still prefer to play it on it

I beat you 7:0 (or was it 7:1?) on the xbox, and 13:1 on the playstation. Therefore you are almost twice as bad on the playstation. I can loan you a pad for a few weeks if you want to get some practice. Just hold it in your hands and whilst watching football and pretend to be controlling one team. I beat barca 4:0 earlier today with this method, but then felt sorry for Henry so switched to barca and scored a consolation goal

Also, you can pick up a 360 for 200euros in town now.

mormank wrote: »

and also i cant believe the day ye have picked is the day that munster are in the heineken cup final. would this happen if leinster had gotten there??

COME ON MUNSTER!!!!

I dont follow rugby at all bar the 6 Nations, so yes.

I dont follow rugby at all bar the 6 Nations, so yes.

haha i started following munster in the heineken cup from the semi finals!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

I beat you 7:0 (or was it 7:1?) on the xbox, and 13:1 on the playstation. Therefore you are almost twice as bad on the playstation. I can loan you a pad for a few weeks if you want to get some practice. Just hold it in your hands and whilst watching football and pretend to be controlling one team. I beat barca 4:0 earlier today with this method, but then felt sorry for Henry so switched to barca and scored a consolation goal

Also, you can pick up a 360 for 200euros in town now.

I'll play anyway, not going to buy an xbox or ps3 though cos ill have to get gta then i won't play any poker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

I'll play anyway, not going to buy an xbox or ps3 though cos ill have to get gta then i won't play any poker.
    You'd pay for the Xbox and GTA with all the money you'd save from not playing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Kobraki

I'll get in on this darragh. We're 1-1 from when we played, but i think im ahead on goal difference!

Kobraki wrote: »
    I'll get in on this darragh. We're 1-1 from when we played, but i think im ahead on goal difference!

oh you have finally reared your ugly head in this pro evo thingy..if your in im defo in buddy!!! old times sake and all that. try get steve on board too....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭coillcam

I withdraw my interest, I'm unable to attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

is this going ahead?

No-one got back to me to confirm it, ill send out some pms tomorrow and see what the interest is like. Maybe we can run a 8 man tournament with group stages and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

well i'm defo in as long as it starts after 5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Im out coz of the rugger but would be on for another night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

Just srted xbox live, plaed sum guy, absolutely hosing him but then wnever he got he ball in my area it would go all laggy and then the ball would end up in the net, absolute joke. Anyway of sortin it?

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

AKQJ10 wrote: »
    Just srted xbox live, plaed sum guy, absolutely hosing him but then wnever he got he ball in my area it would go all laggy and then the ball would end up in the net, absolute joke. Anyway of sortin it?

Hunt him down and kill him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 harpoonface

Is this still on or what? If so myself (+1) would be interested. Let me know.

Advertisement