Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best Skangermobiles online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,878 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

barryfitz wrote: »
    Class. the description says Over 20,000 spent on the car and its advertised for almost 8K. How could you not be suicidal when you realise this!!!!

wtf is going on with the sagging leather

god that is hideous

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Ah my eyes, the goggles...they do nothing!

'1.5 on da books' - twat. God help the poor fooker this boy racer a$$hole runs into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

Nightwish wrote: »

the front splitter is like a snow plough

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

S.I.R wrote: »

White, black panels...

Its a Cardiff taxi!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

ronnie3585 wrote: »

i like that car actually,dont know what the seller is doing with the pic of the child tho???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

A classic RUINED :(

The spoiler ruins it altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Love the 'Disney' font on the plates :P

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

A classic RUINED :(

The spoiler ruins it altogether

Its only the spoiler though.

Everything else is alright, ok the flip paint and tinted rear lights etc is a bit too Fast and Furious for a VW Beetle, but its not that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

I'm a beetle man myself and I'm really only into original cars but if you take away the blue halfords-ish spots, unbolt the rear wing, and remove all the random pinstriping (i'm guessing they're stickers), basically take off all the cheap accessories and you'd nearly have an ok beetle, even keeping the tints, paint and wheels. Not a bad price for a beetle too, if it is in very good condition. There are better beetles out there but it's not (or has the potential not to be) the worst. Give it 2 or 3 days in a shed a a hundred quid and it'd be ok...-ish. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Anyone who thinks that a VW Beetle (in whatever form) is a "Skangermobile" obviously have no idea what they're talking about.

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks that a VW Beetle (in whatever form) is a "Skangermobile" obviously have no idea what they're talking about.

Dude in fairness that car in it's current state is a bit of a skangermobile, although it is not beyond redemption. And this is coming from someone who most definitely knows what he's talking about when it comes to Beetles. I've had them, restored them, been in the clubs, the whole 9 yards. One could say I'm quite obsessed with them. I had them Haynes manuals for them since I was old enough to ride a bicycle.

Stick a set of 14 inch Wolfrace Katanas and blue neons on a DB9 and I'm afraid it becomes a skangermobile, obviously.

Just because it might not be to your taste doesn't mean it's tasteless ...

Oh god. Did you actually read my 2 posts or did you just quickly glance over them because you were more interested in thinking about getting your arse-out-the-window point of view across?

Rory123 wrote: »
    Oh god. Did you actually read my 2 posts or did you just quickly glance over them because you were more interested in thinking about getting your arse-out-the-window point of view across?

Pathetic and idiotic.:rolleyes:

Anybody interested in giving their 2 cents regarding the last 6 posts?
    Sorry for being pathetic and idiotic there buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Anybody interested in giving their 2 cents regarding the last 6 posts?

Yepp, me :pac: ..this ends now, or you both take a short break from this forum

T-Maxx infracted for the last post

Fine by me peasant! Not really worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Dude in fairness that car in it's current state is a bit of a skangermobile, although it is not beyond redemption. And this is coming from someone who most definitely knows what he's talking about when it comes to Beetles. I've had them, restored them, been in the clubs, the whole 9 yards. One could say I'm quite obsessed with them. I had them Haynes manuals for them since I was old enough to ride a bicycle.

Stick a set of 14 inch Wolfrace Katanas and blue neons on a DB9 and I'm afraid it becomes a skangermobile, obviously.

No skanger I know would be seen in any type of beetle and I know a few. It's just not a skanger car, no matter how it's modified...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

• Advertisement

No skanger I know would be seen in any type of beetle and I know a few. It's just not a skanger car, no matter how it's modified...

Flip paint, gash wheels, tacky spoiler, quad exhausts that are an obvious trip hazard, 'real' racing steering wheel, smoked rear lights, pinstriping that are stickers, more pinstriping on the glovebox and door - skangermobile.

The is no car that cannot be skangerised. You failed to read the sentence that you quoted about sticking a pair of Wolfrace on a DB9:D - no car is safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Volvoboy wrote: »

What gets me about these junkers is, how the f**k do they pass NCT's :confused:

Also, a worthy mention of the comment "one off corolla", FFS, you said it boy!

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Mitsubishi/Colt/MIVEC..HAS-TO/908581/

A nice touch with the dials sellotaped to the dash :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,407 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Volvoboy wrote: »

It came with the 1332cc engine in Ireland (and in the UK, along with the 1.6), which for tax purposes is classified as 1.4, even though Toyota marketed it as a 1.3

• Registered Users Posts: 19,878 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Sizzler wrote: »

good god those 2 are abominations

seriously wtf is wrong with people. how can anyone think those cars look good

those ill fitting fibreglass body kits are horrendous:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Anybody notice the "SIR" on the front of the Clio. Clio is one of the worst I have seen. Truely shockingly bad.

One thing that I get a laugh out of, is folks with "Toyo", "APS, "EBC" etc stickers down the side of the door, despite it being relatively clear that they dont have some, or any of these mods. Ive the greenstuff brakepads but a dont feel this compulsion to go blabbing it to the world thru EBC stickers all over the car.

Folks like this are just looking for a good roasting on the road. I reckon they feel like right losers when an average run of the mill Mondeo 2.0 diesel leaves them behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,407 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    Anybody notice the "SIR" on the front of the Clio.

Clio is one of the worst I have seen. Truely shockingly bad.

I've actually been looking at the pictures of that Clio for about 5 minutes. I still can't get my head around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Yes, its certainly a riot of angles. The worst pic is the one taken from the rear rhs imho. It looks like it has a load of ZIP fire lighters stuffed into the lower rear grill on the back right. And the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    Anybody notice the "SIR" on the front of the Clio.

Is SIR a make of parts or something?

Because I was thinking that in parts of Donegal people sometimes greet other gents by calling them Sir, like 'yes there sir', or 'hey sir', its pronounced more like 'saar' though.

So maybe this badge is homage to those turn of phrases?! :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement