Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best Skangermobiles online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

http://beta.carzone.ie/used-cars/Volkswagen/Golf/1.9-TDi/1133589/

Another diesel disaster. I cannot understand why anyone would advertise that fact that they have 'Wolfrace' alloys on their car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

I think that astras actually half decent looking!The mods actually suit the car

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

I was just about to say that. The Astra looks pretty good. Everything looks like it fits and is color coded perfectly. The kit is also in proper proportions for the size of the car. (You could maybe argue the front wing is a bit OTT).

In saying that, there's no way I'd spend that much money on:

A. An Astra
    B. An Astra w/ a bodykit
    C. A bodykit on any 1.4ltr car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Eejitt

A 2020 Megane not a bad price for a car that wont be made for another 12 years http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Renault/Megane/1.6-cabriolet/1108082/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Vertakill wrote: »
    I was just about to say that. The Astra looks pretty good. Everything looks like it fits and is color coded perfectly. The kit is also in proper proportions for the size of the car. (You could maybe argue the front wing is a bit OTT).

In saying that, there's no way I'd spend that much money on:

A. An Astra
    B. An Astra w/ a bodykit
    C. A bodykit on any 1.4ltr car

But just look at the front grill!!!! it ruins the whole car. granted, its not bad from the sides/back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭bwardrop

But just look at the front grill!!!! it ruins the whole car. granted, its not bad from the sides/back

+1

From the rear 3/4 it is actually OK looking - I'd say it is a lot to do with the colour...

...but the grill - dear god it ruins the car. From the front it is wretched looking. The front bumper is a bit jimmy hill too - too deep & out of proportion. Just wrong. Nice car ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

Haha. Yeah, it is a bit OTT but I give thumbs up for effort! Never seen a new shape Astra modded before and I'm surprised it came out looking any way decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

It looks like a futuristic plough...

Yea, have to agree. 'Bad boi' bonnet and grill as sponsored by Gillette - skangermobile:pac: The rest of it ain't so bad, if you could rationalise putting a bodykit on a 1.4 Astra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I've noticed a pattern in this thread, it seems to be mostly chaps from outside Dublin who have made a balls of their car :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

=steve06;56578011]
    and the worst ones till last
    http://beta.carzone.ie/used-cars/Suzuki/Ignis/1.5-VVT/1004298/

Oh sweet Jesus I thought the Suzuki Ignis couldn't get any uglier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

jimbo78 wrote: »

That's definitely no skangermobile.

Oh but it is!

ClioV6 wrote: »

I know that 206cc (not mine). your man fitted a full ecosse body kit. Didn't have it long and managed to rip the whole front bumper off of it!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

jimbo78 wrote: »

That car cost the previous owner €58000... Holy sh1tballs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Volvoboy wrote: »

Very sleek looking car imo

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭bwardrop

I have to agree...

... it skanger-ette-mobile!!

Seriously, what guy could justify spending that amount of wedge on a 206cc - think what else he could have bought for that cash (just think - no lists necessary here!!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I can't believe the garage bought it from someone... they've had it there for about 2 years too!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

bwardrop wrote: »
    I have to agree...

Seriously, what guy could justify spending that amount of wedge on a 206cc - think what else he could have bought for that cash (just think - no lists necessary here!!)

Okay Okay, not the same price, but not that far off!
    RS4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Volvoboy wrote: »
    Doesn't really fit the bill imo. That actually looks nice. Not the kinda car you see in tesco's carpark along side 4 identicle glanza's every night of the week I think

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Doesn't really fit the bill imo. That actually looks nice. Not the kinda car you see in tesco's carpark along side 4 identicle glanza's every night of the week I think

Yeah, i have to agree, looks quite tastefully done tbh.

I dunno, but imo what makes a skanger mobile is a car that left the factory as a normal shopping car/family car and some muppet with nothing better to spend their money on has then sodomised and f**ked up with stupid add-ons.
    Most of the time, the label doesn't apply to a fast/expensive/stylish original car.
    Just my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

I don't know Clio. I think I'd have to disagree with you.

It probably does differ from a good few of the cars here in that

a) It has been professionally done and cost a lot of money

and

b) It probably is genuinely fast

But it still, in my opinion, looks utterly utterly horrific. That back bumper is shockin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,945 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

lexus lights = skanger mobile

no matter what even in the absence of any other skanger accessories

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

bwardrop wrote: »
    I have to agree...

Was just about to write that! It's a womans skanger mobile, surprised it doesn't have a playboy bunny sticker on it somewhere!

That's where you and me differ.
    Don't know if that says more about you or me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

I dunno, but imo what makes a skanger mobile is a car that left the factory as a normal shopping car/family car and some muppet with nothing better to spend their money on has then sodomised and f**ked up with stupid add-ons.
    Most of the time, the label doesn't apply to a fast/expensive/stylish original car.
    Just my opinion

How eloquent :o Sodomy is a tad too far imo.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement