Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Gangs v Limerick Gangs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Limerick is a great town and the vast majority of the ppl are lovely, i hate to see a small minority give it such a bad name.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Damn from the title thought it was a reality show , last man standing getting a villa in spain and a one way ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

snyper wrote: »
    Limerick is a great town and the vast majority of the ppl are lovely, i hate to see a small minority give it such a bad name.
    Here here!

IMHO Limerick city itself was NEVER as dangerous for the average Joe Soap wandering through it as Dublin city was/is. It's the few idiots from the few families that give it the bad name that it doesn't deserve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Now that it is officially the most violent town/city in Western Europe (beating luminaries such as Glasgow, Belfast, Liverpool, Manchester and the southern Italian mob heartland cities) are Limerick people going to grow up, admit the place is a bit rough and retract the bull they posted here about Dublin being more violent?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Battle_Royale methinks.

The Great Blasket should do nicely, set it up with cameras everywhere and you're sucking diesel.

First one to make it to Peig's house wins. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

You are Homosexual.

That's not an insult, btw, just a simple statement of fact.

Carry on.

Infracted.
    Watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

seeing that 10 murders in dublin equals one murder in limerick i think homicide stats are a bit misleading.
    The safest spots in the nation, based on headline crimes per 1,000 of populace, are

Roscommon/Galway East - 8.27
    Donegal - 8.4
    Clare - 8.4
    Mayo - 8.77
    Cork West - 8.93
    Cavan-Monaghan - 8.95

The most dangerous spots, as would be expected, are in Dublin's inner city.

Dublin - North Central - 124.00
    Dublin - South Central - 97.49

After this, the trouble spots in Dublin fall off hugely.

Dublin - Eastern - 23.84
    Dublin - Southern - 23.80
    Dublin - Western - 23.22
    Dublin - Northern - 19.64

Cork City comes next at 20.93, then Waterford/Kilkenny at 20.05. Surprisingly, considering Limerick's poor reputation as "Stab City" for a few, high profile gang feuds, Limerick scores well at 16.75

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

The head of the Keane Collopy crew should meet the boss of Ryan McCarthy Dundon lads and iron this thing out. How did things ever get so far ? After all we are business men. Theres plenty of money there for everyone involved. Each side can stick to its own turf and everyone profits. Also Michael will be aloud to return from Sicily unharmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

For Gods sake. Another which is worse forum. I lived in Limerick for a couple of years and I feel alot safer there than anywhere else in the country. If you want trouble and you look hard enough, then you will find it. Simple as.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

rossie1977 wrote: »
    seeing that 10 murders in dublin equals one murder in limerick i think homicide stats are a bit misleading.

any chance of giving what date those stats are? 2003 or something i think same as the who stats, last year ireland had a little over 80 murders which would give about 2 per 100,000 people which is about average.

And when people say limerick is dangerous they dont mean that everyone is a murderer there of course we understand most people there are decent, you could say the same about any high crime area though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

i remember being in limerick city quite a few times as a kid. it was a god forsaken hole back then, full of half pissed shops and boarded up kids. Knacker husband/wife combos would roar abuse at each other as they staggered up the street pausing only to hit each other in the face with their infant offspring. People knew you werent local because you didnt have a scowl on your face which suggested that life had shat upon you steadily since the time your da nicked all your communion money to bet on a traveller bare knuckle fight. I was from ballymun and i still thought limerick city was a hole, thats how bad it was.

everytime ive been back its looked the same tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

utick wrote: »
    And when people say limerick is dangerous they dont mean that everyone is a murderer there of course we understand most people there are decent, you could say the same about any high crime area though
    The point is its not dangerous for the average joe walking down the street. Unless your delivering or selling drugs or a best mates with a scumbag then your perfectly safe. That you cant say about all "high crime areas".

In fact I would be so bold as to say when your walking around city centre limerick your probably safer than alot of places due to the fact that all the streets are covered by a centralised CCTV system

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

utick wrote: »
    any chance of giving what date those stats are? 2003 or something i think same as the who stats, last year ireland had a little over 80 murders which would give about 2 per 100,000 people which is about average.

website doesn't give a year but i tend to agree with you on 2003, that was a poor year crime wise. Dublin had 73 murders last in total
    Bambi wrote:
    i remember being in limerick city quite a few times as a kid. it was a god forsaken hole back then, full of half pissed shops and boarded up kids. Knacker husband/wife combos would roar abuse at each other as they staggered up the street pausing only to hit each other in the face with their infant offspring. People knew you werent local because you didnt have a scowl on your face which suggested that life had shat upon you steadily since the time your da nicked all your communion money to bet on a traveller bare knuckle fight. I was from ballymun and i still thought limerick city was a hole, thats how bad it was.

you sure you didn't mistake Eden Quay for Limerick lol. Last two times i was waiting for the 20B out to my friends house a Knacker husband/wife combo walked past roaring abuse at each other and one of the times punches almost flew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Dublin gangs would kill Limerick gangs easily. They have a lot more people, even if gang membership was the same per capita, and I'm pretty sure being from the capital makes them automatically more bad-ass, in the same way London gangsters are scarier than gangsters from, say, Southampton.

This is what this thread is about, right?

P.S. I've lived in Dublin for 19 years. I was punched once, for no reason, but otherwise it's been okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭KINGofHEARTS

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Is this like top trumps? I'll trade you one Westie for one Keane...:pac:

You gonna dig the Westies up ???

Karlusss wrote: »
    Dublin gangs would kill Limerick gangs easily. They have a lot more people, even if gang membership was the same per capita, and I'm pretty sure being from the capital makes them automatically more bad-ass, in the same way London gangsters are scarier than gangsters from, say, Southampton.

This is what this thread is about, right?

P.S. I've lived in Dublin for 19 years. I was punched once, for no reason, but otherwise it's been okay.

How do I get a gang membership ??? Is it like joining a gym ???

If thats you in the picture then I'm glad you were punched :p

• Registered Users Posts: 36 betty_swollox

:pac: Another drive by in hyde avenue JC in the legs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Anyone else expect this thread to be about who would win in a war?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

:pac: Another drive by in hyde avenue JC in the legs

Are you ****ing obsessed with this or what? You've posted the exact same comment in three or four threads, seriously what is your point?! :mad:

An Fhile wrote: »
    Are you ****ing obsessed with this or what? You've posted the exact same comment in three or four threads, seriously what is your point?! :mad:
    Whats wrong with you fhile nothing else to do only whinge about posts.
    People like you need to be another statistic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Any chance if a hug?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Is that a threat?
    I've got plenty to do. You, on the other hand, have made up half your post count by writing the same thing in at least three different places. I'd appreciate your comments if you made any attempt to elaborate on them, or if you developed your points so that they're of some relevence. However, I've not seen you do so. There's enough anti-Limerick bias (whether it's justifiable or not is another matter) without the flippant reporting of an un-sourced claim of more violent crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

can somebody get out the saucers of cream!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Dont forget the bandages, someone's about to sprain their pus*y.:pac:

An Fhile wrote: »
    Is that a threat?
    I've got plenty to do. You, on the other hand, have made up half your post count by writing the same thing in at least three different places. I'd appreciate your comments if you made any attempt to elaborate on them, or if you developed your points so that they're of some relevence. However, I've not seen you do so. There's enough anti-Limerick bias (whether it's justifiable or not is another matter) without the flippant reporting of an un-sourced claim of more violent crime.

Flippant reporting my dear teen?, your location says Limerick yet you must be too busy squeezing spots to see the news local or national, check your sourcing before calibrating the posts of others.
    The post was a FACT and very well sourced.
    Oh and as for my post counts has it not dawned on you as you were checking my posting history that posting numerous times on one thread does not add to your post count.
    As for the 'at least three different places' remark well now I reckon you should get the ol eyes checked my boy.
    Would a fact be considered anti-Limerick bias? Not on my part (at least) this mere fact seems to have gotten your dander up tut tut tut relax young man stress can be detrimental and hazardous to your health.

PS
    Is that a threat?
    the words practice and preaching spring to mind
    Originally Posted by An Fhile
    I often think about elaborate plots for revenge, but have never yet put one into practise. Mostly because these ideas always involve some serious illegality...
    My mentality is to just get on with things really, so there's certainly nothing impeding about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Dashticle

DaveMcG wrote: »

Kinda

Flippant reporting my dear teen?, your location says Limerick yet you must be too busy squeezing spots to see the news local or national, check your sourcing before calibrating the posts of others.

Since when did posting condescending remarks about someone you don't even know make one's posts of a higher calibre than others? Stereotyping teenagers as spotty is not the way to win an argument, especially when this particular one is acne-free. And the condition of my skin has nothing whatsoever to do with the topic at hand. You sir are completely going off the point.
    The post was a FACT and very well sourced.

Read your own post again and show me where there's a link, a reference, anything to prove it came from a reliable source. Can you do that? Don't think so.
    Yes, since you joyfully exclaimed to the internet that a man had been shot, it has come to light that you were telling the truth. However, that was through no doing of your own but rather via the much more developed posts of others on the Limerick City forum.
    Oh and as for my post counts has it not dawned on you as you were checking my posting history that posting numerous times on one thread does not add to your post count.

I am fully aware that threads in the Thunderdome do not add to your post count. Why? Because hurling insults at strangers on-line is not constructive to healthy debate on serious topics. Which leaves you pretty much redundant, considering you seem to be stalking me in After Hours with the sole intention of negating my posts.
    As for the 'at least three different places' remark well now I reckon you should get the ol eyes checked my boy.

20/20 vision sir, nothing wrong with my eyes. You posted the same "drive by, smily face, etc" in this thread and in 2 others over on the Limerick City forum.
    Would a fact be considered anti-Limerick bias? Not on my part (at least) this mere fact seems to have gotten your dander up tut tut tut relax young man stress can be detrimental and hazardous to your health.

Stating a fact is not bias. The style in which you stated it (on my part at least) was biased.
    PS the words practice and preaching spring to mind

Read my post again. Think about it. Then read it one more time just to clarify. I practice exactly what I preach. See where it says "my mentality is to just get on with things"? You, leader of the opposition, were the one who encouraged revenge. Which, in the context of this thread, shows exactly why Limerick has such a bad reputation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Careful now. Oh, and less condescension please.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,559 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I was thinking a gameshow/tournament. An arena, weapons, criminals...the Romans knew a thing about law and order didnt they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Sand wrote: »
    I was thinking a gameshow/tournament. An arena, weapons, criminals...the Romans knew a thing about law and order didnt they?

How about a Big Brother job, and each week we text in to vote off one gang member, or like the Apprentice, and possibly vote off the one who generated the least gross profit from drug sales over the week :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I hear Hollywood is making another Mortal Kombat film about the gangs. FINISH HIM...Anto!

Advertisement