Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Gangs v Limerick Gangs

Options
  • 21-04-2008 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

With the latest killing in the A1 pub in Dublin, it seems that Limerick isnt the only lawless place in this dear country of ours.

People tell me that Limerick is much worse than Dublin, biut I'm not so sure.

In Dublin there are now eastern european and nigerian violent gangs, i think limerick has only 2 fueding families..

Why cant these people be put away by the authorities, insead of the Gardai, warning them that they are potential victims.

What goin on... and where's it going to end...??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

DFS UTD wrote: »
    In Dublin there are now eastern european and nigerian violent gangs

Do you have any source for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Why cant these people be put away by the authorities, insead of the Gardai
    Wait, what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

With the latest killing in the A1 pub in Dublin, it seems that Limerick isnt the only lawless place in this dear country of ours.

In Dublin there are now eastern european and nigerian violent gangs, i think limerick has only 2 fueding families..

Why cant these people be put away by the authorities, insead of the Gardai, warning them that they are potential victims.

You have been reading the red tops haven't you?

And you took them serious didn't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Jesus! that must have come as a shock. Is that the first killing in Dublin?

HEY! EVERYONE ELSE! DUBLIN ISN'T THE SAFE PLACE FILLED WITH LEPRECHAUNS YOU THINK IT IS! I know! Shocking, innit?!

Karoma wrote: »
    Jesus! that must have come as a shock.

HEY! EVERYONE ELSE! DUBLIN ISN'T THE SAFE PLACE FILLED WITH LEPRECHAUNS YOU THINK IT IS! I know! Shocking, innit?!

I call shenanigans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Epic.

Theatre of Wet Dreams indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Rob_l wrote: »
    I call shenanigans

Oooooh, dear... are you sure? It's a serious thing you're doing here. Serious. Business.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭DFS UTD

Rob_l wrote: »
    You have been reading the red tops haven't you?

And you took them serious didn't you?

Red Tops... No I read the boards and Irish Times..
    Violence is the norm in our society now... just look at how the Dubs paly football ...

Seriously, gang violence is endemic and you dont have to read red tops to see that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

just look at how the Dubs paly football ...
    Have they started using guns? Damn I want tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Our scumbags would batter yisser scumbags!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Seriously, gang violence is endemic and you dont have to read red tops to see that!!

Seriously, its not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Limerick isnt "lawless". There is a small group of scum who live in poor areas who do what they like.

Red Tops... No I read the boards and Irish Times..
    Violence is the norm in our society now... just look at how the Dubs paly football ...

endemic you say :eek:

So was it the Irish times you read that gang culture is endemic in Irish society in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Well have a look at this and you'll see how much worse than Dublin Limerick really is:

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/?jp=mhojideyeyql&c=

Check out this quote from that breaking news article
    However, despite the rise in gun crime a WHO study rates Ireland as the safest country in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Is this like top trumps? I'll trade you one Westie for one Keane...:pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I was never into the WHO really :D

I wouldn't call it an epidemic - its a couple of lawless groups/gangs killing each other. It has gone on for years and will continue.
    As pointed out in another thread you can have 50 convictions and still be walking the streets! It is modern Ireland... Welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sidneykidney

ronnie3585 wrote: »

I can see the stats on the cards now

Number of kills: 7

Number of convictions:46

Most serious conviction: Shoplifting

Ammount of time behind bars:8months

etc etc :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

The first thing I thought of when I saw this was West Side Story.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

As long as the gangsters are killing other gangsters, let em at it. It's when you get poor innocent bystanders like that young apprentice last year (?) that it's a bad situation. Let gangsters kill gangsters. It's one less scumbag on the streets each time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

ronnie3585 wrote: »

Lol, that's what I thought of too...
    Or a reality TV show - get both gangs into an office block with CCTV cameras everywhere, have it like a roleplayer game (Doom) with ammo and different weapons lying around that they can pick up, lock the doors and watch the fun on 42" widescreen TV :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Sanjuro wrote: »
    As long as the gangsters are killing other gangsters, let em at it. It's when you get poor innocent bystanders like that young apprentice last year (?) that it's a bad situation. Let gangsters kill gangsters. It's one less scumbag on the streets each time.

I completely agree with you on that, let them destroy each other, stop the cops from getting involved and let them go to war with themselves, they'll kill each other more sooner that way and then the street of Limerick can be taken back again when their leadership has failed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Zzippy wrote: »
    Or a reality TV show - get both gangs into an office block with CCTV cameras everywhere, have it like a roleplayer game (Doom) with ammo and different weapons lying around that they can pick up, lock the doors and watch the fun on 42" widescreen TV :D

Dont forget the bonus staches of Dutch Gold, kinda like Poppie and his spinach - skangers and their Dutchie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The Mighty Ken

Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

its not limerick city as a whole that is the problem but small parts of it like O'Malley Park in South Hill, Moyross and King's Island, all these estates follow a similiar pattern, unemployment is 5 times the national average, lone parent households make up more than 1/4 and more than 50% of all adults living in these area have either no education or are only educated up to primary level.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

The first thing I thought of when I saw this was West Side Story.

You are Homosexual.

That's not an insult, btw, just a simple statement of fact.

Carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

• Registered Users Posts: 11,324 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Riddle101 wrote: »
    I completely agree with you on that, let them destroy each other, stop the cops from getting involved and let them go to war with themselves, they'll kill each other more sooner that way and then the street of Limerick can be taken back again when their leadership has failed

Perfect solution, lads. May I put you both forward as new Taoiseach and Minister for Justice?

If the Guards just let the scum kill each other there'd be chaos and innocent people killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Zzippy wrote: »

seriously clicked on this thread to hear that it was a proposed reality show format - thank you for not disappointing!

/ aslo intrigued by the potential top trumps spin-off merchandise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

S.O.S. crime - scumbag on scumbag - more Darwinian proof

Advertisement