Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Betting

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

Not sure how much interest in this thread but I shall persevere until I am too embarrassed by my losers.
    I was very sweet on Dinwiddie last week and actually he was the headline tip in the RP. But these things happen. 20 under in a weak field as a winning score might mean it is the type of course where the cream doesn't necessarily rise to the top.
    In saying that can't imagine there were many golf punters in green last week. I can't even recall the correct names of the winners on the European Tour and PGA and I know the winner of the Senior British Open was Bruce Vaughan and I can profess to never having heard of him.

This week

WGC
    Sabbatini 80/1. In Shocking form but was going very well here last year when he shot +4 for the final round when paired with Tiger. This was still good enough for Tied Second. No Tiger to worry about and his form is bound to turn at some point (surely)

Seniors Open
    Peter Jacobsen. Another Flier. Had been injured so might be overpriced at 100/1. Was 13th last time out.

Ladies British Open.
    Suzann Pettersen. Not sure Ochoa is in the same form as last year so looking for a bit of ew. 28/1 for the winner of the Irish Open against Europe's best. Might go close.

Backing with Bruce as paying 6 places all 3 events.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,533 ✭✭✭Trampas

I'm on Cink in WGC

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭aarymark

went with harrington again at 16s might go in again later as hes drifted after a decent start

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

on di marco at 125/1 he loves this course and if it werent for tiger hed have won here two or three times already

badbrian wrote: »
    WGC
    Sabbatini 80/1. In Shocking form but was going very well here last year when he shot +4 for the final round when paired with Tiger. This was still good enough for Tied Second. No Tiger to worry about and his form is bound to turn at some point (surely)

Seniors Open
    Peter Jacobsen. Another Flier. Had been injured so might be overpriced at 100/1. Was 13th last time out.

Ladies British Open.
    Suzann Pettersen. Not sure Ochoa is in the same form as last year so looking for a bit of ew. 28/1 for the winner of the Irish Open against Europe's best. Might go close..

Sabbatini had a great chance of at least a place after R3 but another final round +4 did for me. Jacobsen and Pettersen both flattered to deceive in their opening rounds - Jacobsen was -3 after 3 before falling apart and Pettersen was sec fav for the Ladies British Open before a triple bogey on 17. Didn't go close..

Will be backing Stenson in the USPGA. Hoping to get 50/1. (Took 40's ew paying 7 places)
    To smaller stakes will back Weir ew at 60's (6 places) and Clarke ew at 100/1 (7 places)

Anybody else backing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bump

PP are being terribly generous (they must be coining it), on the USPGA they are paying out to top 6! Also they have Singh at 5.5 for top Rest of World player (he has won this event twice). Frankly that seems almost too good to pass up.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭corban

i like a punt on the golf and usually troll through all the stats and previous records etc before i pick my golfers. this time i've decided to scrap all that and just go with a gut feeling:

harrington 18's (patriotic)
    clarke 100/1 (just a feeling he's coming good again)
    perez 150/1...dunno why but i like him
    casey 45/1 + poulter 50's
    finally.... cink 35/1

small ew on all of them......

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

Have gone for 4 this week with powers, just small each way stakes for an interest.

Trahan 110 (Big Price for a guy who has played really well this year, tied 4th in the US Open)

Baddeley 100 (Poor form this year, but class player and worth a shot at big price)

Di Marco 100 (Great record in Ryder Cup here 4 years ago, so that price is attractive)

A. Romero 90 (Think he will win a major soon, why not a couple of weeks after his namesake countryman won the US Seniors!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

I put a few small EW like yerselves on the following:

dimarco 90/1
    singh 20/1
    S.garcia 12/1
    L.Westwood 100/1 (great price imo)
    M.A. Jimenez 125/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

i CANNOT believe i didnt back padraig

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:D corban did :)

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭corban

mike65 wrote: »
    :D corban did :)

Mike

i know... sweeeeet.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

i CANNOT believe i didnt back padraig

Hehe, said the exact same thing after his other two Majors and this one. I'm starting to see a pattern emerging. I back Pádraig in a Major - he doesn't win. I don't back him, he does.

Pádraig, if you're reading this I will accept 100k to never bet on you again.
    Also, well done, excellent golf yesterday. Bring on the Masters and US Open, with or without Tiger.

Collie D wrote: »
    Hehe, said the exact same thing after his other two Majors and this one. I'm starting to see a pattern emerging. I back Pádraig in a Major - he doesn't win. I don't back him, he does.

Reminds me of last year. I backed both Garcia and POD in the US Open not long before the British Open. Neither did any good. Not even sure if either made the cut (too lazy to check).
    I was disgusted then when they fought out the British Open (and having gone so bad in the US Open it didn't cross my mind for one tiny little second to back them)

Stenson kept me in profit for the PGA though. and Well done Corban!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Think we may have missed the boat on Harrington now. Can't see him being 33/1 (the Open) or 20/1 (PGA) again any time soon. Was 16/1 last week for next year's Open, PP now have him at 10/1. Although I would expect that to drift over the next eleven months.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

I know it's against the rules but having likewise missed Harrington last year, I did back him to win the Open at 31/1 and got him at 20/1 to win the USPGA' which was a remarkable price when you think about it. He does his best to put you off with wrist injuries and tiredness and people go on about how honest he is in interviews, maybe it's his way of getting the price up, so his buddies(of which I now include myself) can back him at longer odds. Paddy Power reckons they lost 3million on him at the last tourney alone, imagine they would have laid of most of it.

Advertisement