Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breast enlargement

Options
  • 14-04-2008 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi

I am wondering has any one had a breast enlargement done or does anyone know rough prices...???

Also has any one tried them volumptuous pills (that brenda gilson) advertised..? If so id love to hear feedback...

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

I would do anything for a boob job ... so would love to her rough prices also ... just to let my boyfriend know how much of a loan to ask for :)
    I know of a girl who got one in cork last year and they were wow!!!!!
    she was out of hosp the next day and seemingly had no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Friend of mine got her's done about 12 years ago - but you have to get them redone every 10 years
    First time was 6k next time was 8k

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

lilly07 wrote: »
    Hi

I am wondering has any one had a breast enlargement done or does anyone know rough prices...???

Also has any one tried them volumptuous pills (that brenda gilson) advertised..? If so id love to hear feedback...

thanks

Lol I'm sure you mean Glenda. Just when I thought she couldn't get any uglier she's given an ugly name!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

OP, Im going to hazard a guess from €3500-€4000. Im hearing a lot about people going away to have procedures done, but you need to do your homework first. Try ringing around. Some of them offer finance too.

The thing about boob implants is that so many celebs seems to have wandering ones.
    If the have the neccessity and the cash to make sorting these problems an easyily achievable priority.
    Can bad boobs be fixed? and does all that walkabouting do weird things to your skin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

More to the point why do you really want bigger boobs?
    Do you think it will somehow improve your life? Is it to improve how you compare to some other woman? Is it to make yourself more appealing to men?

Funny thing is that there are plenty of women who get boob jobs and are happy with them at first but gradually become disillusioned as they realise it did not fill the void they expected it would.
    If you want to get them good for you, just make sure you are certain it is what you want and will do for you whatever it is you expect bigger boobs to do.

If it helps any there was an article in the Sunday times ~2 weeks ago, I believe, about a new method of injecting a solution into the breasts to increase the size, as it's done by injection there is no surgical scarring. It's not a huge increase (A->D or the like) but it might be enough for what you want. The solution breaks down after a year or two so you need to get it redone if you wish to.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Sugar Drunk

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Lol I'm sure you mean Glenda. Just when I thought she couldn't get any uglier she's given an ugly name!

LOL yes she is a minger!! she got in trouble for those volumptou adds I read in a paper. Apparantly the company could provide no evidence that they actually increased breast size (what a shock...). get yourself a penneys gel bra for 6 euro in penneys they are bloody brilliant when I first got them a colleague asked if I had a boob job :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭Clink

Hey OP, what size would you like to go up to? I went with a friend for a consultation years ago, it would have cost €4000 at the time. She didn't get it done in the end due to lack of cash, I think she thought that having bigger boobs would have cured all her insecurities which obviously they wouldn't have.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I read that as Brendan Gleeson for some reason... ha

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

'Never Fail Fudge' failed today. hahaha. well done monkeyfudge!! you the man!! hahaha

OP. . you really should do your homework on this.
    personally, I think you'd be stone hatchet mad!!!!! I work closely with a plastic surgeon so trust me on this. it's really NOT a good idea. I'm a nice old cup full and considered going up one size, just for the lift. but the guy I work for talked me out of it. Really, breast Augmentation should only be considered for ladies (and the fewer number of men) who have had a mastectomy.

If you got a boob job there are loads of risks. the silicone can leak, which can be fatal. the nipple will never work again as you lose the milk duct (no breast feeding) the implants will have to be replaced every few years. and lots more, that I wont go into.

the best thing I can suggest is go and get yourself fitted for a great bra. My best mate is a Lingerie Consultant for Arnotts in Dublin, she is the best fitter ever and I can give u her details!!!!

just if you do go for it. . . dont settle for the first consultant. . do your homework, and get a few opinions. & dont just go for the cheapest dude to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

ChewChew wrote: »
    the nipple will never work again as you lose the milk duct (no breast feeding)

Really???:eek::eek: didn't realise that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Op..
    Be very careful where you get it done.

I wont Post the name of the clinic here (For various boards rules and the fact that there is going to be a MASSIVE court case over this. Pm me if you want it, and it is Dublin area based) but one of my best friends had breast augmentation recently and has been in hospital for the last few weeks having an operation every second day to try and undo the damage those f*ckwits did to her.

She is going to be in for another three weeks AT LEAST.
    I wont go into the details of what happened (unless some one asks) because I don't want to come across like I'm trying to put you off the procedure.
    Lets just say that she is in a Very bad way.

This girl researched the procedure to almost a ridiculous degree.
    She joined some of the websites that are set up for help in decision making.
    Those free to join jobbies that women who have had augmentation offer advice, and there experiences.
    She knew every stage of the operation.
    She spent two weeks with a few sets of sim boobs deciding exactly what weight of implant to get.
    She could have probably performed the op on herself by the time she had made her decision.

But at the end of the day the surgeon fudged it...
    And then the aftercare advice they gave her, given that there was an obvious problem was criminally negligent.

Sorry, I know I'm ranting, and believe me, I could go on..

Long story short OP, If you decide to go through with an operation,
    Research every possible thing, and then research it again.

You only get one you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

This is not true. It sometimes happens but not always.

Wazdakka wrote: »
    Op..
    Be very careful where you get it done.

I wont Post the name of the clinic here (For various boards rules and the fact that there is going to be a MASSIVE court case over this. Pm me if you want it, and it is Dublin area based) but one of my best friends had breast augmentation recently and has been in hospital for the last few weeks having an operation every second day to try and undo the damage those f*ckwits did to her.

She is going to be in for another three weeks AT LEAST.
    I wont go into the details of what happened (unless some one asks) because I don't want to come across like I'm trying to put you off the procedure.
    Lets just say that she is in a Very bad way.

This girl researched the procedure to almost a ridiculous degree.
    She joined some of the websites that are set up for help in decision making.
    Those free to join jobbies that women who have had augmentation offer advice, and there experiences.
    She knew every stage of the operation.
    She spent two weeks with a few sets of sim boobs deciding exactly what weight of implant to get.
    She could have probably performed the op on herself by the time she had made her decision.

But at the end of the day the surgeon fudged it...
    And then the aftercare advice they gave her, given that there was an obvious problem was criminally negligent.

Sorry, I know I'm ranting, and believe me, I could go on..

Long story short OP, If you decide to go through with an operation,
    Research every possible thing, and then research it again.

You only get one you :)

Your poor friend. Tell us the detail, I for one would like to know more :)

I'm afraid so!! And I dont think too many clinics make ladies aware of this. The guy I work for is a top surgeon in 3 Dublin Hospitals!!

Wazdakka.. . I know exactly the clinic your talking about and your friend is NOT the first

I've definitely seen a few bad boob jobs in recent years in this country... The worst ones are when the nipples seem to point in completely different directions to each other.

It's like Pablo Picasso is working as a plastic surgeon somewhere in Ireland.

I'm afraid so!! And I dont think too many clinics make ladies aware of this. The guy I work for is a top surgeon in 3 Dublin Hospitals!!

Wazdakka.. . I know exactly the clinic your talking about and your friend is NOT the first

I haven't seriously considered it but I have often thought if my boobs didn't get bigger (post babies) I was going to get one (i'm 34A), just to a C. But this thread is scaring the bejayus outta me but I want to know more! Spill!

I haven't seriously considered it but I have often thought if my boobs didn't get bigger (post babies) I was going to get one (i'm 34A), just to a C. But this thread is scaring the bejayus outta me but I want to know more! Spill!

ok I can understand wanting to go up really I can, but its so risky. I'm going to be blunt about this, as blunt as I can be. . .

1) Public hospital consultants will do an augmentation for a woman/man post mastectomy. they will rebuild the breast from scratch but it will not function as the other breast does ( thats if it was a one breasted mastectomy)

also some girls breasts do not develop normally and end up with one breast considerably larger than the other. Every woman has one boob bigger than the other, but its not a huge difference. Some girls get to full development and one breast could be an A and the other a D so they would get an augmentation. . . Can you see the 'medical' reasons behind this???

2) Private Hospitals do breast Augmentation as a cosmetic surgery. Why?? because its all in the money. if one consultant does 3 augmentations in a week, well our looking at about €12,000 for those 3. now remember there are many other procedures too. . . reductions, apronectomies, rhinoplasties. . etc etc. . and they all cost an arm and a leg. . . so yes. . the 'private consultant' is doing it for you, because you want it done. Where is your medical history?? you have none!! but he wants the money, why wouldnt he?? so he is going to persuade you into it. . . So now. . can you see the 'medical' reasons behind this one??

DetectiveFoxtrot. . . I dont want to scare you, but you really really should look into it before you do it. . .

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,912 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Think very carefully about getting it done OP. A girl I used to work with had one that went wrong. Not horribly horribly wrong or anything, but when the implant was put in the 'pocket' they made in her breast to put it into wasn't strong enough. So when she lay down, one would stay where it was, at the front, and the other one would fall right down so it was nearly under her armpit. You couldn't notice anything when she was standing up, but she was saying that if she didn't have a really good bra on, one was all perky and nice, but the other looked like "a melon in a plastic bag" it was all saggy. It really affected her confidence and she ended up getting the procedure done again with a different clinic> They're fine now, but because of the damage done to her skin from the old implant stretching and sagging, she had to get an augmentation on one side and an augmentation plus lift on the other side. She said overall it's cost her over 35k to get the breasts she wanted. She's happy with them now, but said if she'd known before she got them done what would happen she'd have thought about it a lot harder.

edit: that said, another girl in the branch got hers done when her SSIA matured and they look great and she's never had any problems!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

I don't have any hands-on experience of fake boobs but by and large the ones I've seen have not been attractive. When exposed they don't look right, move right and 'wonky nipple syndrome' seems very common.

I accept that with clothes on they can improve a woman's figure - but it seems an awful lot to put yourself through (the cost, the risks, scarring, potential complications and disimproving one's body's attractivness) just so you can fill a top a little better.

For research purposes ;) I suggest watching the cheapo free adult channels on Sky (Channel 900+) - plastic just doesn't float my boat, give me two fried eggs any day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

One thing I'm left wondering is, as I already mentioned apparently they can now do some injection sort of breast enhancement, how come they can't just do a sort of reverse liposuction, pump some fat (probably best if harvested from elsewhere) in since that's mostly what breasts are anyway. Would the body begin to break down this additional fat to return to the normal size? Means the breasts would still be all you & natural, so there'd be no unusual feel, abnormallity to the bounce, probably less scarring, etc....
    Any thoughts?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I went for a consultation in Advance Cosmetic Surgery and the nurse assured me that I would still be able to breastfeed.. they quoted me €5,000 in 2002 and last year I was quoted €6,200 by Harley Medical, still haven't had it done, kinda gone off the idea tbh, Atlantis water bra's ftw :Dhttp://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10001_18839_216425_-1 debenhams stock them, great invention IMO and so much cheaper than a boobjob... Anyway my bf likes my boobs as they are..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Babette08

Could never understand the appeal of breast implants (unless you're completely flat)- yeah they look great if done right under a t shirt but i can only imagine how awful they look when the bra comes off :( If this is the effect you want invest in a good quality well fitted padded bra - voila!! Don't know any guy who'd prefer fake ones to the real deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Glitzy100

'Never Fail Fudge' failed today. hahaha. well done monkeyfudge!! you the man!! hahaha

OP. . you really should do your homework on this.
    personally, I think you'd be stone hatchet mad!!!!! I work closely with a plastic surgeon so trust me on this. it's really NOT a good idea. I'm a nice old cup full and considered going up one size, just for the lift. but the guy I work for talked me out of it. Really, breast Augmentation should only be considered for ladies (and the fewer number of men) who have had a mastectomy.

If you got a boob job there are loads of risks. the silicone can leak, which can be fatal. the nipple will never work again as you lose the milk duct (no breast feeding) the implants will have to be replaced every few years. and lots more, that I wont go into.

the best thing I can suggest is go and get yourself fitted for a great bra. My best mate is a Lingerie Consultant for Arnotts in Dublin, she is the best fitter ever and I can give u her details!!!!

just if you do go for it. . . dont settle for the first consultant. . do your homework, and get a few opinions. & dont just go for the cheapest dude to do it.

I don't think your mad at all. I do agree with a lot of what the above says, DO YOUR HOMEWORK is all I can say. Read on the internet, ask friends if they know anyone that has had it done so that you can talk to them.
    There are so many different options that you can go for. I've had mine done when I was 26 and I absolutely LOVE them. Haven't regretted it for a second. To give you some details:

1. Had them done over in Sweden with a female surgeon who does around 200 boob jobs each year.
    2. I felt I could trust her when we had our first chat and after the consultation. VERY important
    3. Mine are a sort of steady silicone which means that even if they break the material will not leak out into my body. It's like jelly babies for comparison. Incision under my breasts, so the nipple info above just does not apply. You can also have the incision under your arm/in your armpit or have them done through the belly button. However I wouldn't trust the last one for precision, but that's only my theory! I would NEVER have the aoureola of my nipples sliced into, that's just MAD and should only be considered for breast lifts when you've had the share of babies you want!
    4. be sure, like, really, really sure that you're doing this for yourself. It may not change who you are, it may not help you feel better. It may perhaps not make you look better. But if you really really want it, go for it!
    5. Cost is around 5000
    6. Lastly but most importantly: Do not do it in a country where you don't know the language. And a rule of thumb as with ALL your purchases. If it's too cheap to be true it's probably just cheap. And not good at all. Your helath is priceless so have a gooood looong think about it and don't be afraid.

Good luck with whichever you choose to do.

Babette08 wrote: »
    Could never understand the appeal of breast implants (unless you're completely flat)- yeah they look great if done right under a t shirt but i can only imagine how awful they look when the bra comes off :( If this is the effect you want invest in a good quality well fitted padded bra - voila!! Don't know any guy who'd prefer fake ones to the real deal

Wouldn't say prefer but I've never had anyone complaining:p
    Could be coz it's still a novley here in Ireland. Or so I think??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Lol I'm sure you mean Glenda. Just when I thought she couldn't get any uglier
    LOL yes she is a minger!

Glenda.jpg
    A minger? Ok I don't find David Beckham even remotely attractive but I wouldn't call him a minger because he obviously isn't.

OP, if you'd like bigger boobs (or any at all) go for it. Once they're not like balloons they can look good. My friend got a really good job done in a clinic in Cork. It did affect her psychologically though - she felt depressed for a while after (apparently this is common, something to do with guilt for tampering with what you've been given. But she's not a very strong person it must be said). She was fine after a while though. However, do plenty of research. It's a big, expensive procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

I cant actually believe I am gonna type this, but anyway.........

I know 5 girls that have had boob jobs, and I have seen them all, some of them are ok, and some are just plain silly,

But I will say this, in my humble and male opinion, the ones that look most natural are the girls that already had boobs, lets say a b or c cup,

The other girls that I know that have had them done, were very slim and I have to say, they look fabulous in a tshirt or the like, cos they have that celebrity inspired tiny waist, tiny bum big cleavage look,

BUT

Once they take their top and bra off, its a different story, and the easiest way I can describe it is as unnatural and not very attractive at all,

I would suggest doing a lot of research into getting it done and deciding what you really want from it,

P.S I am only posting this becuase it popped up on the mainpage and was curious, I hope this is helpful,

gabgab wrote: »
    I know 5 girls that have had boob jobs, and I have seen them all, some of them are ok, and some are just plain silly,

Have the ones with the bad boob jobs deluded themselves into thinking they look great so that they justify the great expense?

That's what I found with the group of girls I know who got it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

I think for most of them it was along these lines, it gave them confidence and relieved some of their issues in a minor way,

Nothing those gel padded bra's would'nt do I reckon, and it made them feel a bit better, I have noticed though that all of them are very very attractive girls in the media sense of attractive if you get me,

The other woman, who had big boobs anyway, got it done after a bad relationship where it turned out that her husband was sleeping with what can only be described as his wife but 10 years younger......

Now, thats enough for me I'm off to go get drunk on Jack Daniels for the afternoon, this is feeling far too close to being that gay male friend, and q102 in the background in work is not helping :D:D

• Advertisement

Have the ones with the bad boob jobs deluded themselves into thinking they look great so that they justify the great expense?

That's what I found with the group of girls I know who got it done.

I think it's all in our heads. I know a lot of girls who have had their boobs done, where I come from it's a fairly standard procedure, like getting your teeth fixed.
    Some of them have had real "normal" by my standards, anyway, boobs to start out with and some (like myself) were flat as a pancake.
    It's funny when guys comment on this issue because imagine if there was a (working!) possibility of penis enlargements, may we women guess that at least 30% of them would jump at that opportunity?
    I think that if you're unhappy, and I mean REALLY unhappy with those two parts of your body, you love it them bits, but couldn't they just have GROWN??? And no ammount of consumed spinach seems to help them along the way, then yes, thank GOD for breast augmentations.

Advertisement