Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gladiators is back!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

At least they got John Anderson back, but they better not be considering John Fashanu and Ulrika Jonnson.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

ShaneU wrote: »
    At least they got John Anderson back, but they better not be considering John Fashanu and Ulrika Jonnson.

LOL no its Ian Wright and Kirsty Gallagher :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

There's a thread in this very forum right here

God bless search.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Xavi6 wrote: »
    There's a thread in this very forum right here

God bless search.

Indeed. But im not discussing American Gladiators.

Relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

I just saw the trailer on yahoo for the new UK Gladiators. I'm not impressed to be honest. The new gladiators are alot smaller then the old one's. Maybe there's a drugs ban or something. It looks like it might be something like WWE!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Death or Glory

Kirsty is presenting :bow:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I'm liking INFERNO
    Hubba Hubba!!
    3e18b1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Its on sky1 however....Yuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

pity her tits look like they've been "photoshopped" on using MS paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

.. and the rest .. it look like fantasy artwork.

Is it just me, or are none of the girls very attractive?

Bring back Diane Youdale... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I wasn't too keen on the idea of Sky's version of Gladiators mainly since Wolf wasn't going to be making an appearance but it looks like he might actually be involved after all. Some of the older Gladiators were to be used but Scorpio (who I vaguely recall) has had a row and now a few of them are out...which paves the way for the Wolfman perhaps. :cool:
    Ex-Gladiator Scorpio QUIT in tears after glamour girl Bianca Gascoigne, beat her in the Duel, where combatants club each other with giant cotton buds.

Scorpio – ex-model Nikki Diamond – even took teammates Saracen and Lightning with her, leaving just Hunter on the legends team.

A studio source said: “Scorpio was in floods of tears, and took the other two with her. Maybe they didn’t fancy being humiliated on TV.”

Gladiator classic Wolf (Michael Van Wijk) has now flown in from New Zealand as bosses look for replacements.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/article1120673.ece

I really hope he's involved cos I loved watching him as a kid and it seems he's still in great shape judging by this article...

http://jeffmaysh.co.uk/portfolio/index.php?blog=2&title=bring_back_wolf&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Cremo wrote: »
    pity her tits look like they've been "photoshopped" on using MS paint.

Not to mention her cameltoe.

Anyway, Ulrika is the only Gladiators babe for me. She's a unique woman in that she seems to get better looking with age. I saw her in some Gladiators A-Z show there the other night and she looked hungover and scruffy as hell but somehow still smokin sexy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

watched the a-z show, bullit is mc harvey dad!

jet is a bit eccentric posh bird isn't she

hope the bouncy down to get the balls one is coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

anyone see the american one yet? know if it's any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Mr E wrote: »

Is it just me, or are none of the girls very attractive?

I had the same thought when i looked them up last week. Not good looking at all.
    Not a patch on Jet or Vogue :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Wolf has indeed kept himself in shape. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Just watched it. So did people enjoy it.
    It was lacking something, QUEEN was missing first anyway, they need the bigger crowd aswell.

Ian wright was annoying me! But it can always get better!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

It misses a bit of Pizazz compared wit the old one - guess you need a while before the gladiators start to have proper personas and all that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I liked it, but they need better challenges and less wussy contestants.

That RAF woman did well in the end though!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

meh it's a shadow of it's former self. the elimnator layout shouldn't of been touched.

it's only redeeming qualities are john anderson and kirsty gallagher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

but the twit doing it for his unborn child.....come on how many more times was he going to mention it!

I didn't like the bit at the end of the eliminator where they push through a wall of soft blocks instead of going flying through like they used to. It was all very childrens' play area!

It's mindless tv, perfect for a Sunday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Bit I enjoyed most was your man in blue in the ball one near the start, he was incredibly good to watch. Creamed the gladiators (who looked **** at it)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Lacked the epic feel of the large arena of the old one not a single looker among the girls and most of lad's didnt look big and impressive enough also the whole thing Looks cheap and tacky pritty embarasing to watch turned it over after 20mins wont bother again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

bizmark wrote: »
    most of lad's didnt look big and impressive enough

Maybe there's new rules that say they can't inject themselves with "vitamins" like the guys from the 90s? :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I enjoyed it but it's not a patch on the old one. I agree with everyone who said the arena is too small. The old one had massive crowds and it gave an epic feel to the show. Also they should have kept the Queen songs!

Ian Wright is pretty annoying and it was obvious as hell that the Oblivion lad was told act like a hard man. It reminded me of a bad version of WWE wrestling.

Will take a few episodes for the Gladiators to become known. And yeah they should have left the eliminator alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Pigman II wrote: »
    Maybe there's new rules that say they can't inject themselves with "vitamins" like the guys from the 90s? :confused:

Didnt they get weekly drug tests for that sort of thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I enjoyed it but it's not a patch on the old one. I agree with everyone who said the arena is too small. The old one had massive crowds and it gave an epic feel to the show. Also they should have kept the Queen songs!

Ian Wright is pretty annoying and it was obvious as hell that the Oblivion lad was told act like a hard man. It reminded me of a bad version of WWE wrestling.

Will take a few episodes for the Gladiators to become known. And yeah they should have left the eliminator alone.

Oblivion to be the new wolf Id say..
    not a patch on him though,these guys look like a bunch of meatheads,and the girls are more like trannys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Ice is nice, Battle-axe well she is appropriately named.

But the men, they're not nearly as big as the old ones, Rhino, that fcuker was huge.

• Advertisement

That Enigma one looks like the main person in Smack the Pony.

Advertisement