Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speedpost EMS no longer shipping to Ireland (as of april)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

So are the IAA going to contact ems?

I hope so as ems is very convenient, and I'm certain this is a mistake, why refuse to ship something to where it is perfectly legal to?

Plenty of places in HK think we are under the vcra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Motosam wrote: »
    So are the IAA going to contact ems?

I hope so as ems is very convenient, and I'm certain this is a mistake, why refuse to ship something to where it is perfectly legal to?

Plenty of places in HK think we are under the vcra.

As i said in page 1 i am in contact with them.

Also on that front i got an email back from them today
    After checking with our external affair department, they informed us they
    didn't receive any news regarding the import of airsoft toy as prohibited
    item to Ireland.

More when i get it.

* Also in contact with WGC now.

Dr_Pepper wrote: »
    As i said in page 1 i am in contact with them.

Good to hear, I must have forgotten, I should have re-read the thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Checked earlier on a order from RSOV, and it seems to be on the move by speedpost..... what do you reckon of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

BDUs arrived thismorning from EMS:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

BDUs arrived thismorning from EMS:D

I got some camo and a sling on Wednesday by EMS also, from ebaybanned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

the parcels that where sent back, or could not be sent, was because they contained aeg/gbb so the orders your quoting don;t really give any idea on the situation really

Oh yeah puding....wait a sec, think the mac11 is coming via ems...lemme check it....

Ohh SH1TE! Ordered 7 days ago...nothing since then. Still processing. Gunner....angry email time...

well if thats coming might be a more accurate example, i still have the same view as i posted on iaa forums that is looks like simple miss communication in the HK postal system even just a person/persons with a limit grasp of geography could have created this non issue :)

The thing is Shankuss needs that mac for the gathering...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Yougart15

uh oh i just ordered a metal slid for my gbb from UN company yesterday but i got an email saying the item has been sent for shipping? surely if UN company thought they wudnt ship they would not of completed the order?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭budda15c

Just bought a part from wgc and they emailed me back the quote saying it would be shipped by speedpost EMS:confused::confused:

do people read the prev post , the issue seems to be with aegs and gbb (it appears there has been confusion at some level with uks new laws and basic geography, other parts do not seem to be effected

Another order of mine has left Hong Kong from UN by EMS so all seems to be fine guys, :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

iceage wrote: »
    Another order of mine has left Hong Kong from UN by EMS so all seems to be fine guys, :)

One of my mates though the same, had a gun on the way from gunner, got dispatched on Tuesday, on Thursday the tracking showed it as "returned to sender".

kinkstr wrote: »
    One of my mates though the same, had a gun on the way from gunner, got dispatched on Tuesday, on Thursday the tracking showed it as "returned to sender".

Oh Ssh*T!!! :eek:

Gonna mail UN and sort this out.

Sorry to be p1ssin on your parade:(
    If it gets out of Hong Kong you should be fine, just keep checking the tracking on HongKong post.

well it seems to have left Hong Kong..fingers crossed, let you all know how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Why not actually wait and see what WCG say?
    EMS have said that they have no restriction on the shipping of these.

Can you supply the tracking references which say these packages were "returned to sender"?
    This might actually help with me contacting EMS rather than speculating.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Squad 701

My package has eventually left Hong Kong, but with UPS.
    It was first tried last Monday, then Wednesday with EMS and returned to Ehobby on both occassions. The last Ehobby heard from EMS was Thursday afternoon when EMS said 'No Airsoft to all of Ireland', Ehobby then contacted me and said they would try UPS and hope for the best.
    Obviously it's all some big mistake, if EMS brought in new rulings it would affect all countries not just Ireland, so I guess we have suddenly become part of the UK to the people who manage EMS, sad it's taking so long for them to correct their mistake.
    Discounted shipping to Ireland should make up for their mistake :)

• Advertisement

Like ive said its not my package, and i not putting someone elses tracking number on here.

One of my packages from UN has arrived in Ireland lads!! relax guys, this could be something and nothing..
    opps, sorry, its coming from RSOV, by Hong Kong post left HK 10/4/08, arrived in Ireland 13/04/08!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I have stuff sent from UNco on the 8th arrived in Ireland on the 10th

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Just looking at Gunner Airsoft there , when you get to the final order process step EMS in longer available as a shipping option to Ireland

Just looking at Gunner Airsoft there , when you get to the final order process step EMS in longer available as a shipping option to Ireland

I got that BS today too, ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

ehobby sent me an email saying the same sort of ****e, explained to them about ireland not being in the uk etc etc

but had them send by ups, i should be fine o fine.

Meister Glock 17 arrived safely from RSOV by EMS today. outstandind delivery time, left Hong Kong 10/4/08 arrived in Ireland the 13/4/08, delivered to my door today! 14/4/08.

Can't complain about that.:D:D

iceage wrote: »
    Meister Glock 17 arrived safely from RSOV by EMS today. outstandind delivery time, left Hong Kong 10/4/08 arrived in Ireland the 13/4/08, delivered to my door today! 14/4/08.

Can't complain about that.:D:D

I'm waiting since the 27th of last month, not in eire yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Yougart15

i ordered from UN on the 12th with ems and it arrived in portloaise today and is currently "on route to customer" so i hope it will be here tommoro:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

kinkstr wrote: »

Yup, that was me. Still says 'returned to sender'. Ive emailed both email addresses twice - no reply.

Im p!ssed off tbh. Someone make me smile quick.:(

Advertisement