Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speedpost EMS no longer shipping to Ireland (as of april)

Options
  • 09-04-2008 8:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

Just got an email from WGC, stating
    We also got a news from Speedpost EMS , they can't ship airsoft toy to Ireland start on APR 2008 .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

We also got a news from Speedpost EMS , they can't ship airsoft toy to Ireland start on APR 2008

interesting i wonder if its possible we can find out why? please tell me it not what i came across the other month...

shop: im sorry we can not ship to the uk because of the new laws
    me: im not in the uk im in Ireland
    shop: thats part of the uk
    me: no its not!!

not the exact paraphrase but you get the idea

then again i do not see it as an issues tnt and ups can still carry as far as im aware (unless this will also effect them)

a little more info is need me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

:mad:

This is not good, EMS are one of the best/cheapest delivery services from HK most of the time. More details would be nice, Boston? Can you email back to find out more?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Boston wrote: »
    Just got an email from WGC, stating

WTF, I had a parcel shipped from them 2 days ago, destination, dublin. Last time I checked it had been dispatched from Bejing. Maybe its the end of the month when the service stops...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Heh, when I was in China last year I got the same thing a lot. Everyone I asked about it thought Ireland was part of the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Squad 701

Just got an e-mail from Ehobby, my package has been returned to them twice since Monday from Hong Kong Post saying they will not ship to Ireland.
    Ehobby wanted to know what the situation here was ! They said they would try UPS instead. Hopefully there is no problem with them.
    Anyone aware of any changes to UK postal rules, or has anyone received anything within the last few days from UPS ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭monksavage

This is a job for the IAA to clarify our laws internationally!

Is it a case of they wont ship Airsoft to Ireland any more? Or just wont ship to Ireland at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Its a mistake.
    According to their own Service Facility sheet the Prohibitions and Restrictions are:
    Same as Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Clearly they think we are part of Great Britain.

Ill contact them today.

Wrong EMS.

Excellent, good work Conor.

In other Post-related news, I contacted Customs in Portlaoise this morning about a package that has been sitting there since Monday, they are only processing Monday's packages now, so if your package goes into customs, expect a bit of a delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Necron99

kdouglas wrote: »
    Excellent, good work Conor.

In other Post-related news, I contacted Customs in Portlaoise this morning about a package that has been sitting there since Monday, they are only processing Monday's packages now, so if your package goes into customs, expect a bit of a delay.

Ahh so thats what happened to my upgrade parts, cheers for the info Kieth :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I've had HK retailers think we are under the vcra too.

Basically the vcra bans online sales afaik or legislates it heavily.

As airsoft here grows, more of these retailers will know we are a republic, and independent of UK law.

Thanks conor, perhaps a blanket e-mail to some of the main HK retailers also?
    As I nearly had a gbb painted snot green :D
    Redwold, Cobra, wgc, ehobby etc. so they all know the facts and can inform ems of those facts along with us informing them.
    A link to wikipedia about ROI would be a bit cheeky :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

Squad 701 wrote: »
    Just got an e-mail from Ehobby, my package has been returned to them twice since Monday from Hong Kong Post saying they will not ship to Ireland.
    Ehobby wanted to know what the situation here was ! They said they would try UPS instead. Hopefully there is no problem with them.
    Anyone aware of any changes to UK postal rules, or has anyone received anything within the last few days from UPS ???

i recieved an ehobby order grand today sent by standard HKpost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭MAD Ozzie

So thay think were POM's do thay, well we can call em Jap's an see how thay like it, Oh sorry sir cant send ya euro's will have to send ya Yen's. (see how well that goes down)
    Had the same prob in the past, and told em to look it up, so after 3 days of email's thay got it right. The world map of old dosent say the ROI, just say's Great Britten. So its the buggers that make the maps that are to blame. Who do ya tell???????

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Oh oh, just ordered from ehobby. Hopefully he'll ship via UPS or it wont arrive for the gathering:(

Cheers Keith, was wondering about a parcel I'm waiting for.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Wasn't there a similar problem with RSOV back before the VCRA was introduced, until someone spelled it out to them that nowhere do the names "United Kingdom" and "Republic of Ireland" look similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I hope this gets sorted soon...I only use EMS when buying from foreign soil

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

that makes two of us, I've recently ordered from both RSOV and UN.......oh dear:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭andros

Say nothing. I'm waiting from few crucial components.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

GAT UNT HIMMELL!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

The RSOV things was that keith wasn't sending documentation stating the power of the airsoft toys. However WGC always sent this documentation. Its not a VCRA problem as WGC tends not to care about local laws. They have stated they will send by UPS, but this means I'll definitely get hit by customs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Just so you know i have emailed them and am awaiting a response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

As have I, expect it to take 24 - 48 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,695 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Boston wrote: »
    They have stated they will send by UPS, but this means I'll definitely get hit by customs.

Not the dreaded UPS :(

Edit - Actually, the VAT laws are being changed in December. So UPS won't be able to hit you on anything up to €155.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I thought ups seized loads of gear before, never mind vat.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,695 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Motosam wrote: »
    I thought ups seized loads of gear before, never mind vat.

Not that I'm aware of. They're just known for piling on extra charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Squad 701

I just received news from Ehobby that EMS will still not ship Airsoft to any part of Ireland !
    Has anyone heard back from other retailers regarding the situation ?
    I thought this would have been sorted-out in a couple of days, but obviously the situation is worse than expected.
    As far as I'm aware there are no problems with UPS or TNT.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

I thought this would have been sorted-out in a couple of days, but obviously the situation is worse than expected

its only been a couple of days and with the time difference and other issues im shore communication is not the best, but im pretty shore it will get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Edit - Actually, the VAT laws are being changed in December. So UPS won't be able to hit you on anything up to €155.

Link??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

Advertisement