Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speedpost EMS no longer shipping to Ireland (as of april)

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

if i get a chance, i will ring next week and see can we cut through the clutter..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Not a peep out of any of the involved parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

think it comes down there are higher priority so its never looked at, at least other methods of shipping are still available to people

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

If anyone ever convinces heathrow airport police and customs to allow passage of legal goods to their destination, and inform HK post of such, it will all be over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I didn't want to start a new thread about shipping from HK but I just needed to ask here.

Just placed an order for an AEG from WGC shop and I'm wondering who is the best for shipping while I wait for them to get back to me. TNT, UPS, FedEx or DHL?? I think DHL are the best ones to go with but not sure.

If only Tony could have got hold of this instead 'sigh:('. Hate ordering from HK and dealing with customs.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

UPS are expensive but I got stuff from WGC faster than I've gotten from this country!!! 2 shipping days!!

But what about the after charges horror stories I've seen here many times. They start sending letters demanding extra payment that you are not made aware of and what not about extra VAT and VAt on the extra handling fee c#*p.:mad:

But what about the after charges horror stories I've seen here many times. They start sending letters demanding extra payment that you are not made aware of and what not about extra VAT and VAt on the extra handling fee c#*p.:mad:

Havent had any horror stories with them myself, so I cant comment on that. Like I said their expensive, but very fast(in my own experience.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Of the three main courier companies I use (TNT, UPS and Fedex) I find TNT the best. They're the fastest (in my opinion), they call to advise you if there's going to be a VAT fee, and they will deliver roughly at a time you specify, or re-route the package if you're not going to be available at the shipping address.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

I have to agree with Shiva. I used UPS a few times and they added really high fees onto the delivery. Last few months I've been using TNT and have found them faster then any other courier service. Fees are minimal and they actually ring you to arrange a delivery date and time instead of just showing up whenever it suits them.

Cheers guys, I'll let WGC know.

Fiach Dubh wrote: »
    I have to agree with Shiva. I used UPS a few times and they added really high fees onto the delivery. Last few months I've been using TNT and have found them faster then any other courier service. Fees are minimal and they actually ring you to arrange a delivery date and time instead of just showing up whenever it suits them.

Funny that, I've had the opposite from TNT. Didnt bother to call me when my stuff was stopped in Shannon. They were waiting on an invoice, and wanted me to contact the seller for an invoice copy. Of course I had to call them to find this out, they didnt bother letting me know of their own accord.

Then again that was one incident. Still I've found UPS faster then TNT even when TNT did deliver quickly.

I suppose no company is perfect, so just go with whichever you think is best.

Advertisement