Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym Membership Prices in Galway

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Anybody got any idea of prices for the new leisure facilities in the Salthill Hotel???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Anybody got any idea of prices for the new leisure facilities in the Salthill Hotel???

think it is 750 but if u join before opening it is 650. Have heard good and bad things about the place so must take a look myself before recommending it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

I'm just curious really:p

• Registered Users Posts: 48 m.anna

I'm with Energy @ Bohermore. €49 per month + €25 joining fee. Nice sauna and steam room, joga/pilates classes included in membership. Never had problem with parking. I'm quite happy with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Twilighter

It's 250 @ the Kingfisher, NUIG. I presume that's student rate though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Does anyone know how much a six month fee is in the NUI Kingfisher if you are a student there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

How about Carlton Hotel? Anyone goes there?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Anyone know of anywhere that might be doin good deals on 6 month membership? (Student)

Must have a pool also. Pool and gym necessary, don't need anything else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Anyone know of anywhere that might be doin good deals on 6 month membership? (Student)

Must have a pool also. Pool and gym necessary, don't need anything else

Might be a crap suggestion since you've most likely checked it out, but have you asked at the Kingfisher if they do one semester/6 month deals? I'm sure they do

Claypigeon wrote: »
    Might be a crap suggestion since you've most likely checked it out, but have you asked at the Kingfisher if they do one semester/6 month deals? I'm sure they do

Yeah just banged them off an email there.. great minds :p I'll give them a bell tomorrow if I don't get a reply.

2 things about the kingfisher:
    During the college year it can get VERY busy in there
    I'll be back in college next year, hence want the 6 month rate as i'll get a student rate when I go to NUIG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Well I swim 2-3 times a week there and I've never seen it busy, maybe during public hours in the pool but I avoid them anyway since you get an awful shower of idiots just getting in the way just sitting in people's paths :P I'd say if you're able at all, go later in the evenings once you do/if you do get signed up

• Registered Users Posts: 25,846 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I'll be back in college next year, hence want the 6 month rate as i'll get a student rate when I go to NUIG

Isn't it great that you've got your Leaving, and can now go to college! ;)

(ducking for cover now ....)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

JustMary wrote: »

Nice one ;)

*just kidding JohnCleary!!

JustMary wrote: »

Nice one ;)

*just kidding JohnCleary!!

OH YOU! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27 solid oak

NRG fitness is good value and a nice club (use bohermor mainly for pool) €495 for using both knocknacarra and bohermor, pump and spin classes great , knocknacarra has good free weights section, good range of classes all included

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

solid oak wrote: »
    NRG fitness is good value and a nice club (use bohermor mainly for pool) €495 for using both knocknacarra and bohermor, pump and spin classes great , knocknacarra has good free weights section, good range of classes all included

+1 for NRG fitness. Am not a member yet but have been a few times with free passes (Bohermore one). Love how all classes are free once your a member...duno how other gyms can charge for classes on top of membership fees, its ridiculous!
    Dont forget to tell them where you work there may be a discount there

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I was up at Olympic physique in the weekend. It's now at 210 single year, you can probably haggle it down.
    No pool but has lots of machines and usually quiet.
    In Ballybane Ind Est so you may need car to get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭oldbie

Any chance of a refresh of prices for 2012?

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

Total fitness in Tuam is €249 for a year on 30th normally €299

• Registered Users Posts: 28 uki

I have rejoined leisureland in Salthill. Think it is the best value for money. I pay very little (as I m old member with off peak deal)! For new members it is 299 Euro for unemployed and over 60s ? and 399 for others.

You can use the pool as well. The pool is quite nice. Equipment is all new after the big flooding. I like it as it is not to crowded and very clean. You get a nice sea view and good light coming in from the gym/pool which motivates me.

Tried the Radisson Hotel last year 2014. It is also very nice but very expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

The Warehouse gym has a 4 month gym member ship for 99 euro. I have trained there twice and everyone seemed very friendly and it is a large gym so plenty of space.

Results Ireland in the Lisbon industrial estate is another good option, I went there once to train but was told they don't do a PAYG so had to leave :( but from there facebook page they seem to have a very friendly inclusive atmosphere plus a good variety of equipment. Prob best to ring them if you wanted to check out membership options as they don't seem to check/answer facebook mail.

Advertisement