Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just Getting into It

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I wonder what it will be like to rewatch the series. I've not been following it on BBC 2. Some day I will get around to rewatching it on DVD, but I want to save it and get through other stuff first.

It's just as good on a rewatch, I'm rewatching it at the moment infact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Recently finished the Wire, probably the best show I've ever seen :) Previously that title would have been reserved for either the West Wing or the Sopranos.

Just brilliant!

I also started season 1 (was streaming it online... never a good way to watch a show) and left it after episode 2 or 3. Gave it another chance and started again months later when my mate gave me season 1, and I watched all 5 seasons within about 2 weeks. Soooooo good.

Such good acting... I thought Frank Sobotka was played brilliantly, IMO the best acted role in the show. No shortage of good acting in it, but he was my pick. The guy who played Bunny was also fantastic.

Fantastic characters... D'Angelo, OMAR, Bodie, Bunny, Jimmy, Prop Joe :), Stringer Bell... I could go on forever !!!

Very good music... Got the soundtrack the other day, brilliant. The theme song is great, I reckon the version from season 1 is best :)

Storylines/plots... So good for the most part.
    Thought it was a bit farfetched once Jimmy starts 'colouring outside the lines' in season 5. Other than that great. Loved season 4 with Prez being a teacher, etc.

Really just the perfect TV show, and I wish I was starting it again :( This is the highlight of your lives, newbies! Appreciate it now!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Dave! wrote: »
    Recently finished the Wire, probably the best show I've ever seen :) Previously that title would have been reserved for either the West Wing or the Sopranos.

Just brilliant!

I also started season 1 (was streaming it online... never a good way to watch a show) and left it after episode 2 or 3. Gave it another chance and started again months later when my mate gave me season 1, and I watched all 5 seasons within about 2 weeks. Soooooo good.

Such good acting... I thought Frank Sobotka was played brilliantly, IMO the best acted role in the show. No shortage of good acting in it, but he was my pick. The guy who played Bunny was also fantastic.

Fantastic characters... D'Angelo, OMAR, Bodie, Bunny, Jimmy, Prop Joe :), Stringer Bell... I could go on forever !!!

Very good music... Got the soundtrack the other day, brilliant. The theme song is great, I reckon the version from season 1 is best :)

Storylines/plots... So good for the most part.
    Thought it was a bit farfetched once Jimmy starts 'colouring outside the lines' in season 5. Other than that great. Loved season 4 with Prez being a teacher, etc.

Really just the perfect TV show, and I wish I was starting it again :( This is the highlight of your lives, newbies! Appreciate it now!!! :D

It ruins tv for you because nothing will ever be as good! :P Wait a few months and then watch it all over again. You pick up on so many things that you missed the first time around,its actually even better on the second watch especially since you now know all the characters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Yeah in fairness I watched the Sopranos a second time recently, and I've watched the West Wing about 20 times at this stage :D I'm in the process of acquiring Deadwood, so it'll be either that or Oz that I start next, depending on which I get first :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭raindog.promo

tvnutz wrote: »
    It ruins tv for you because nothing will ever be as good! :P Wait a few months and then watch it all over again. You pick up on so many things that you missed the first time around,its actually even better on the second watch especially since you now know all the characters.

Couldn't agree more. Just finished watching the whole thing for a 3rd or 4th time and there is very little if anything that doesn't bear back on itself. All the dialogue wether it's from a main character or a piece of overhead bit dialogue in the background all fill in details of the several themes running throughout the series.

Watch out for the bit characters too, they rarely appear only once
    A white girl buying something in the stash house shop is later seen at an NA meeting a few years later and has had a kid in the meantime
    and have their own stories to tell.

• Advertisement
Advertisement