Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finglas Petrol Bombing

Options
124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

plenty of them jailed

its true,there was a bloke locked up only last week in connection with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

I was listening to the Adrian Kennedy phone show last night (as I knew they'd be talking about this) and I was surprised by how many people were blaming the Gardai for what happened.

Some of the callers said that the Gards stood back and did nothing to stop what was happening and others said that they were too heavy-handed (I'm not sure how they could be both at the same time!). There was the usual bunch of idiots accusing the Gards of beating them even though they weren't doing anything ("I just went down to see what was going on"!).

Does anyone know what the Gards strategy was? and is there much that the Gards can do in these situations?

The parents should all be given some sort of community service on top of whatever punishment (if any) the kids get. Cleaning the area a few times a week for the next year might teach them some respect.

Mizu_Ger wrote: »
    I was listening to the Adrian Kennedy phone show last night (as I knew they'd be talking about this) and I was surprised by how many people were blaming the Gardai for what happened.

Some of the callers said that the Gards stood back and did nothing to stop what was happening and others said that they were too heavy-handed (I'm not sure how they could be both at the same time!). There was the usual bunch of idiots accusing the Gards of beating them even though they weren't doing anything ("I just went down to see what was going on"!).

Does anyone know what the Gards strategy was? and is there much that the Gards can do in these situations?

The parents should all be given some sort of community service on top of whatever punishment (if any) the kids get. Cleaning the area a few times a week for the next year might teach them some respect.

From what i heard the guards were called into berryfield early in the day,around 12 or so,responding to calls about stolen cars being driven at speed.I dont know if they made any arrests at that point.Fast forward to four o'clock and there were allready three vehicles burned out and a huge crowd had gathered and not a sign of cops anywhere.my GF rang them at 5 o'clock after the car we were in came under attcak and the response was that they were waiting for the public order unit to arrive(the riot squad).These didnt show up until 7 pm and aftre the worst excesses of teh day had allready taken place.Whenthe transits arrived the cops jumped out with dogs and batons and from what i hear,battered anybody who was in the way.I can also tellyou that anybody who was in the area was either involved somehow or completely out of thier minds.The cops then deployed in skirmish lines and disperesed people in several directions.I heard somebody on the bus talking about tear gas but i didnt see it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Degsy wrote: »
    From what i heard the guards were called into berryfield early in the day,around 12 or so,responding to calls about stolen cars being driven at speed.I dont know if they made any arrests at that point.Fast forward to four o'clock and there were allready three vehicles burned out and a huge crowd had gathered and not a sign of cops anywhere.my GF rang them at 5 o'clock after the car we were in came under attcak and the response was that they were waiting for the public order unit to arrive(the riot squad).These didnt show up until 7 pm and aftre the worst excesses of teh day had allready taken place.Whenthe transits arrived the cops jumped out with dogs and batons and from what i hear,battered anybody who was in the way.I can also tellyou that anybody who was in the area was either involved somehow or completely out of thier minds.The cops then deployed in skirmish lines and disperesed people in several directions.I heard somebody on the bus talking about tear gas but i didnt see it myself.

I don't know which I am more shocked at, all the crap that went on without the gards dealing with it or the fact that you have a girlfriend:eek:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭DennisSabre

Some more solutions to the problem:

(a). Declare an open season on scumbags. Afterall, they are feral and a genuine threat to society.

(b). Sell them to the US government for use in their little holidays in foreign countries. We’ll include free delivery with Ryanair dropping them directly into Helmand province.

(c). Sack the PSSI and bring in the PSNI. More professional and more experience.

(d). Remove the cash. Stop social welfare payments to scum parents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Pyridine

Ah sure it turns out they had a reason for rioting after all! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

When i was down there snapping my pics after most of it happened i did indeed notice that a few kids were getting dropped off by their parents driving cars in the area where the rioting happened. (kids around 12 or so)
    As an observation of only 5 cars i had noticed this in under an hour, I just found it odd with gardai milling around and teh parents just driving off leaving their kids in the warzone.

On the trouble itself, speaking to people in work for example, they were shocked that hijacking occurred in good ole Ireland.

I myself is shocked, as all this 'joyride' stuff up to now has been usually a result of stealing cars from driveways or cars bought on the cheap from the halting site.

Hijacking of especially local people's cars is a new low by the scum :mad:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

my GF rang them at 5 o'clock after the car we were in came under attcak

Degsy, in fairness the only reason your car came under attack was because you were driving through it for the third time just to have a nosey - seriously, man, what do you expect. ?

Pyridine wrote: »
    Ah sure it turns out they had a reason for rioting after all! :D

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

758500618a7182249495l.jpg

758500618a7182408277l.jpg

758500618a7182548052l.jpg

4694340655a7181135803l.jpg

4694340655a7189934900l.jpg

317766718a2028160556b636741186l.jpg

972968668a973941762b987200273l.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

good pics :)

• Advertisement

irishbird wrote: »
    Degsy, in fairness the only reason your car came under attack was because you were driving through it for the third time just to have a nosey - seriously, man, what do you expect. ?

LOL

Nowt wrong withthat..when the knackers were rioting outside your house you were out in your garden watching them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

Heard on the radio today that some of the Buses won't be going through certain areas of Finglas after 7pm on Fri,Sat and Sun because the little f*ckin runts are bricking them again.

Excellent pics slunk. The bus thing has been goin on for years. When stoning buses starts, one can see in the future more serious problems down the line from the problem scum causing havoc.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bublehead

Was driving through there on Tue morning on way to work (Not far from where the riots were) only to nearly get hit by a kid joyriding. Last thing would have expected at 9.15 of a morning. Little F***er lost it on the corner and went into the side of a truck and into an oncoming car before jumping out and bolting. Swear the little Nacker Ba****d looked about 12. Guy in the oncoming car drove after him, really hope he ran him over :D
    Really if it had been me, I would have kicked 3 shades of S***e out of him, had I caught him. But then would have been in the bad books with the parents "sure he's only a kid" :mad:
    Sure they laugh at the guards, what will happen to them besides a slap on the hand !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

it doesn't matter how many gardai you throw at it... that riot unit didn't do a bad job.. the little ****s ran away ...
    the problem was that no one was charged... what's the point of arresting them... the gardai should have broken heads landsdowne road style... then of course you'd have the doogooders saying they were fascist and heavy handed....the scummers would think twice if they felt they'd encounter real opposition....

gurramok wrote: »
    The corpo ain't angels either. They have moved troublesome families from area to area bringing down reputations of previously good areas. Ballymun was an example of this over a generation before it got out of control.

Then we have the gardai, under-resourced and incapable to deal with situations like yesterday. This rioting stuff should of been nipped in the bud early afternoon straight away before it go out of hand. (and then the courts system, 17 out on bail..LOL)

If it takes saturated policing..be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Wow! Was away for paddys day and missed all of this! That is mental, I can't believe the pics and what went on.

I'll give you a good answer for it in the future though. Every riot, as they become more common, aren't easy to bring under control because we only have one "public disorder" unit, and when all four of these guys show up, they stand on the street and watch...there's nothing they can do...

I want to see an emergency squad of over 200 garda to respond to incidents like this, and when I say "excessive force" should be authorised, I think they should be in a position where these scumbags are beat up so bad that the lucky ones walk away with a broken nose or arm and a large amount should be hospitalised with their injurys...I mean belt the sh*t out of them....we'll see how quick it kicks off next time and see how many don't run a mile at the sight of the riot police showing up again...the only answer is fight fire with fire, they're not afriad of jail, so maybe some scars and broken bones will help them remember...just beggers belief how these little c*nts do this, why? and why do they get away with it?? Stupid, crazy, pointless...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Yah something like the french riot squads. Only problem is though they;ll probably move onto guns or something like that in the future.

They need HB!

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Wow! Was away for paddys day and missed all of this! That is mental, I can't believe the pics and what went on.

I'll give you a good answer for it in the future though. Every riot, as they become more common, aren't easy to bring under control because we only have one "public disorder" unit, and when all four of these guys show up, they stand on the street and watch...there's nothing they can do...

I want to see an emergency squad of over 200 garda to respond to incidents like this, and when I say "excessive force" should be authorised, I think they should be in a position where these scumbags are beat up so bad that the lucky ones walk away with a broken nose or arm and a large amount should be hospitalised with their injurys...I mean belt the sh*t out of them....we'll see how quick it kicks off next time and see how many don't run a mile at the sight of the riot police showing up again...the only answer is fight fire with fire, they're not afriad of jail, so maybe some scars and broken bones will help them remember...just beggers belief how these little c*nts do this, why? and why do they get away with it?? Stupid, crazy, pointless...

Agree 100% it's the on;y way these c*nts will learn. Although these C*nts would be the sameones going crying to the Garda ombudsman if they got a smack from the Garda.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I lived in Dunsoghly estate about 5 years ago when I was in college and I remember the riots that took place then. It was mental. I can only imagine what it must have been like up there on Paddy's Day this year. Judging by the pictures its about 100 times worse than anything I ever saw up there. I really feel for anyone who lives there. I was so happy to get out of the place. The anti social behaviour has gone out of hand. What I dont understand is how it escalated to the extent it did last week? Why weren't the cops all over the place within a short space of time? Why did it take 5 or 6 hours for the riot police to come in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

times_3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

seriously do rumours doing the rounds here in finglas that the scumbags are going to start another riot soon,apparently a number of cars in the area have been stolen and a stash of drink was found around the st helenas rd area,i also noticed a very large presence of gardai around the area all day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

irishbird wrote: »
    at least you have these in your area
    Mairt wrote: »
    I was getting a chipper last night from 'The Hole in the Wall' chipper next door to the same bar, and those same scumbag parents were running with their kids from the pub, to the bookies and back to the pub last night. One guy, probably mid-30's bought his son a bag of chips and left him eating at the bar door, the Dad went back inside, appeared outside a few minutes later and gave the young rat-child a smoke!.

Oh come on now IB, Finglas gets a lot of government funding. They've a nice public swimming pool & gym, more green space than almost anywhere else I can think of right now. Because its considered a 'disadvantaged' area the schools are given more funding and more special needs assistants than schools in 'nicer' area's. And when those same rat-children go onto higher education, again because they're from a 'disadvantaged' area they're given additional points when applying for college places.

If they decide to enter into the social welfare system and avoid the things the rest of us do then they (the parents) pass those same advantages to their children who can now qualify for additional points because of the area they grew up in, plus you get more if your parents left school without a leaving cert!.

The government (***cought, you & me the tax payer) fund a host of additional resource centre's in Finglas (and other area's).

I don't buy into this bullsh*t (sorry IB I'm not saying your talking BS).

See it suits these little bastards to stay under the radar, stay in the gutter. Robber and scam their way through life, and laugh at the efforts you and I make to improve the quality of our lives and those around us.

I have almost zero tolerance for these little bastards.

Irish Bird, you don't know what you're talking about. Mairt paints a depressing but true picture.

Rumours meh I'd be hesitant about reading too much into them. Yeah there's a bigger Garda presence alright and if does kick off again with a bit of luck the Guards will go in this time and kick the f*ckin sh*te out of the little scumbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

pebbles21 wrote: »
    rumours doing the rounds here in finglas that the scumbags are going to start another riot soon,

Heard them too, sometime over the weekend it's suppose to be planned for.
    The place is full of gardai though. They're walking the beat for the first time I can remember, in large numbers too. I've seen cycle cops about the place and of course the patrol cars and vans are all over the place now.

I doubt the gardai will be caught unprepared again. Most of their back up would have been on paddys day parade duties and the like and maybe thats why it took so long to re-deploy the last day. Looks like they're more than ready this time if anything happens. I'd imagine the scum will wait a few weeks till the gardai go back to normal levels before they try anything although they're pretty stupid so you never know.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Every single one the dirty bastards need to have their eyes put out,dessie Ellis had better do something about it or there'll be blood.

Heaven help us if we have to rely on dessie bleedin' ellis to sort out scumbags like these! He probably gives master-classes in rioting to these little Sh1ts..

IOS have printed 3 daylight pics that were lifted from here lads on page 25, they never cited boards for the foto trace, just 'from the internet'.

Talk about copyright infringement!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

gurramok wrote: »
    Talk about copyright infringement!

No, they're not copyrighted.

Boston wrote: »
    No, they're not copyrighted.

I was jokingly sarcastic, apologies for leaving out the smiley :D

They still should of cited boards as source though imho.

Advertisement