Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finglas Petrol Bombing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Berryfield is a warren, garda cant' get in and out and around it fast enough.
    I grew up in finglas lived there for nearly 20 years.

I don't disagree, however where I live, I have called the Gards more than once and you could be waiting a couple of hours for them to arrive, and I am not talking about when resources might be diverted elswhere like yesterday. And if they do catch these kids they will tell you themselves it does little good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

so people are saying that they wree drinking since 10am ,sounds like they bought their drink the day before and it was just sitting there tempting them that morning so they decided to use it, also on morning ireland some women said a few young locals just got of prison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

Just watching the news. All 17 released on bail pending further investigation. What a f**king surprise :rolleyes:. I'm sick and tired of these f**kers giving the likes of Finglas a bad name if I had my way I'd shoot the lot of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

No sign yesterday of those "efficient" Gardai who "handled" the Oil Pipeline protestors in Mayo, those guys appeared to be able to handle themself in a "public order incident".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Just watching the news. All 17 released on bail pending further investigation. What a f**king surprise :rolleyes:. I'm sick and tired of these f**kers giving the likes of Finglas a bad name if I had my way I'd shoot the lot of them.

had any of the little pricks come near my gaff or car i WOULD have shot them.The corpo should evict every ****er who was there,let them die in the gutters.

• Advertisement

Degsy wrote: »
    .The corpo should evict every ****er who was there,let them die in the gutters.

I'd like nothing more then to see that happen(and I'd suspect the Corpo would too) but of course you'd have all the do-gooders coming out and defending their ''Human Rights'' :rolleyes:

I'd like nothing more then to see that happen(and I'd suspect the Corpo would too) but of course you'd have all the do-gooders coming out and defending their ''Human Rights'' :rolleyes:

There was an article in the Sindo teh other day about just that,one family was "threatened with homelessnes because of a troubled teen".The "troubled teen" had been running completely amok in the area for years with the complete knowledge of the family.If the corpo wont throw them out they should be burned out,thye're a cancer in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,128 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

An unfortunate downside to the whole peace process

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

An unfortunate downside to the whole peace process

;)

Oh but then the people who are calling for their (scumbag rioters) necks would gather forces to condemn IRA punishment beatings!.

Something frightening is happening in society, and I place some of the blaim on liberal Ireland and liberal pricks who are more concerned for the welfare of of rioting scumbags, pestering Roma beggars, ATM scam artists, gangster's who die by the sword etc.. than they care about the welfare of the majority law abidding tax paying member of Irish society.

And I'm sick of it, liberals STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR EVERY HARD LUCK CASE OUT THERE. They're hard luck case's for a reason, and the reason ain't me.

***rant over***

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

The corpo ain't angels either. They have moved troublesome families from area to area bringing down reputations of previously good areas. Ballymun was an example of this over a generation before it got out of control.

Then we have the gardai, under-resourced and incapable to deal with situations like yesterday. This rioting stuff should of been nipped in the bud early afternoon straight away before it go out of hand. (and then the courts system, 17 out on bail..LOL)

If it takes saturated policing..be it.

• Advertisement

how many times have people to told bail is only sued for the most serious of crimes murder etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Lets imagine if yesterday had happened in Glasnevin or Castleknock, both nearby adjoining areas.

You'd bet your winning lotto numbers that swift action would be taken at first sign of trouble with long term policing for the day and there be uproar from the middle classes in the media and all the way to the dáil!! :mad:

It was over fivce hours of pure mayhem before the cops got thier act together to sort these bastards out.If they'd had CS gas and baton rounds they could've scattered the whole lot of them in a few minutes.The good news is i think the CIRA are still doing punishment beatings..i think a few are definatly in order!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭DennisSabre

A simple solution to a simple problem.......................

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/ah-64-load.jpg

followed by

http://www.intercontal.com/b52.jpg

Degsy wrote: »
    .The good news is i think the CIRA are still doing punishment beatings..i think a few are definatly in order!

I'd say a certain Finglas Cllr has probably been on the phone to them already ;):p

I'd say a certain Finglas Cllr has probably been on the phone to them already ;):p

He better have..he let this shiite happen in his own back yard.Everybody knows who these pricks are and where to find them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Slunk wrote: »
    Happens nearly every St Patricks day. They normally keep it to the fields down the back roads though. Guy in work was dragged from his car and beaten with a wrench. Then they burnt his car.

Twelve people arrested according to RTE. Doubt theyll do any serious time for it.
    I seriously doubt anyone will do any time. Stuff like this went on every Halloween in the Pearse st area and there's no chance of any serious punishment. You'd want to be caught murdering someone while a riot is going on to end up getting locked up. If there's enough people involved they're just free to do what they want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

eirebhoy wrote: »
    I seriously doubt anyone will do any time. Stuff like this went on every Halloween in the Pearse st area and there's no chance of any serious punishment. You'd want to be caught murdering someone while a riot is going on to end up getting locked up. If there's enough people involved they're just free to do what they want.

sure remember the riots in dublin the crowd form the north came down, not sure if any of them got any real sentances, and this riot in finglas sounds like it is a much smaller scale then the one a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Diairist

After all the trouble to legislate for ASBO's. Any being enforced / sought?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

I was speaking to one of my neighbours last night, he said he was in the Cardiffbridge Arms are around 12pm on monday, and the place of was full of parents buying their 12/13/14 kids bags of cans and sending them off drinking for the day.

it makes me so angry, something needs to be done about berryfield now, its is bring down the rest of finglas. there was a riot there last summer as well, 30 scumbags with hackets and iron bars destroying the place.

i bought my house in finglas 3.5 years ago, and i remember there were a few houses for sale in berryfield but the estate agent wouldnt even show them to me because i wasnt from the area and there was no way she was advising anyone to move in there unless the already knew people there

finglas, is always completely overlooked by the government, when was the last time any funding was put into finglas???

i seem to spend my days emailing all my local Councillors about various issues in the area and all i get is "while you are the first person to complain about it" or no response whatsoever. The decent, hard working people in Finglas need to join together and make themselves heard instead of just accepting what they have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I was speaking to one of my neighbours last night, he said he was in the Cardiffbridge Arms are around 12pm on monday, and the place of was full of parents buying their 12/13/14 kids bags of cans and sending them off drinking for the day

@ Irishbird.. The depressing thing is that what you said doesnt surprise me at all. Feral adults breeding feral children. There are children all over the world living in dire poverty dying by the minute and yet you have these scumbags who have enough money to buy themselves and their children alcohol and sending them off to create mayhem and destruction for law abiding people. It makes me so mad.

Like yourself I seem to spend all my time going to residents association and neighbourhood watch meetings and emailing councillors and TD's about issues in our area (Mulhuddart) and yet things are just getting worse and worse. Now we have a taxi driver getting stabbed to death down the road..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

gazzer wrote: »
    I like yourself I seem to spend all my time going to residents association and neighbourhood watch meetings and emailing councillors and TD's about issues in our area (Mulhuddart) and yet things are just getting worse and worse.

at least you have these in your area

@ Irishbird. To be honest it is not making any difference. We are still getting our windows smashed in (twice this year in my case) and our cars robbed and damaged and drug dealing going on outside our doors. This is in a private estate that was only built 6 years back where we have to pay management fees also for the privilage of been under attack every night.

Was on the bus just now listening to a couple of these idiots going on about thier experiences on paddy's day.They're both 15.One got a beating and ten charges and the other got a beating and four charges,the solcitor told them both to expect jail.Apparantly the cops have them all in court on different days for some reason and intend to make an example out of them.We'll see,in the meantime hopefully they'll get run over by cars or rendered legless bythe LUAS.

irishbird wrote: »
    I was speaking to one of my neighbours last night, he said he was in the Cardiffbridge Arms are around 12pm on monday, and the place of was full of parents buying their 12/13/14 kids bags of cans and sending them off drinking for the day.

I was getting a chipper last night from 'The Hole in the Wall' chipper next door to the same bar, and those same scumbag parents were running with their kids from the pub, to the bookies and back to the pub last night. One guy, probably mid-30's bought his son a bag of chips and left him eating at the bar door, the Dad went back inside, appeared outside a few minutes later and gave the young rat-child a smoke!.

irishbird wrote: »
    finglas, is always completely overlooked by the government, when was the last time any funding was put into finglas???

Oh come on now IB, Finglas gets a lot of government funding. They've a nice public swimming pool & gym, more green space than almost anywhere else I can think of right now. Because its considered a 'disadvantaged' area the schools are given more funding and more special needs assistants than schools in 'nicer' area's. And when those same rat-children go onto higher education, again because they're from a 'disadvantaged' area they're given additional points when applying for college places.

If they decide to enter into the social welfare system and avoid the things the rest of us do then they (the parents) pass those same advantages to their children who can now qualify for additional points because of the area they grew up in, plus you get more if your parents left school without a leaving cert!.

The government (***cought, you & me the tax payer) fund a host of additional resource centre's in Finglas (and other area's).

I don't buy into this bullsh*t (sorry IB I'm not saying your talking BS).

See it suits these little bastards to stay under the radar, stay in the gutter. Robber and scam their way through life, and laugh at the efforts you and I make to improve the quality of our lives and those around us.

I have almost zero tolerance for these little bastards.

It never ceases to amaze me about the stupidity of these scumbags boasting about their scumbag behaviour when they are on the bus. Nearly every day on my way into work on the 39 bus there is always some of them on their way into court boasting about how their mates intimidated some witnessess or how they hope they get a certain judge as he is a soft touch

Like Degsy, I do a bit of shooting.

And I swear to all thats holy to me, if these events ever come to visit my neighbourhood I'll be the first out with Mr.Ruger and a full clip.

I swear to god jesus I'll shoot one of these little fvckers if ever that sh*t comes my way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Another pic, around the same time as the other one posted.

1652379756a7182188005l.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Diairist wrote: »
    After all the trouble to legislate for ASBO's. Any being enforced / sought?

To date not one has been issued.

• Advertisement

utick wrote: »
    sure remember the riots in dublin the crowd form the north came down, not sure if any of them got any real sentances, and this riot in finglas sounds like it is a much smaller scale then the one a few years ago

plenty of them jailed,

Advertisement