Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Well I've my wedding booked for September and I've contacted other hotels to see if the same date is available. If they are trying to save money by getting rid of one of the top chefs in the country, what other cost cutting measures will they make?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,762 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Well I've my wedding booked for September and I've contacted other hotels to see if the same date is available. If they are trying to save money by getting rid of one of the top chefs in the country, what other cost cutting measures will they make?

Would you lose your deposit if you move your wedding to a different venue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

It's officially in receivership as of today apparently. They're still hiring so I assume new owners? NAMA maybe?

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Would you lose your deposit if you move your wedding to a different venue?

I will lose it unless I can find a couple for my date with similar numbers.

I'd rather lose the deposit now than get a call in 6 months to say it's closed and be royally screwed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Super-Rush wrote:
    I will lose it unless I can find a couple for my date with similar numbers.

If the service is gone down hill and there chef has been let go it's not a good sign. I think I would take the hit on the deposit if it was only a few hundred. If not look at the contract there might be a get out claus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

brianblaze wrote:
    It's officially in receivership as of today apparently. They're still hiring so I assume new owners? NAMA maybe?

Irish credit bureau has the company status listed as normal, you sure it's in receivership ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Anyone know anywhere in town that has a large selection of leather office chairs I can sit in and try out before buying?

Well AFAIK they're being tossed but it may have changed. They did effectively annex a part of Borris and claim squatters rights though if the stories going around are true?

Decided to use a voucher I had for the Step House last night. 1 security guard staring people out of it in reception and a bouncer on each entrance door.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Bog Man 1

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Decided to use a voucher I had for the Step House last night. 1 security guard staring people out of it in reception and a bouncer on each entrance door.

My wife and a group went in there late Friday night and thought the service in the bar was bad and placed lacked atmosphere . She did not recall seeing any bouncers . They had a lovely meal in Clasganny probably the best food in Ireland .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

There's a protest organised for next Saturday by a group of locals who are also boycotting the hotel, The wedding planner is on Facebook asking people not to boycott. Can't see what the locals hope to achieve by doing this. If they boycott and the place closes what good is that going to do for the town? It's not like the family can just be given back a place they cannot afford. Crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Only just heard bits of that story. What's actually going on out there?
    The hotel is in trouble and fired its head chef?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Tis nice to be recognised alright! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

How did London v. Carlow go today? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

brianblaze wrote: »
    Tis nice to be recognised alright! :-)

I see you have a nice yellow addition on your front window. How'd it happen. Costly repair I'd imagine.

The cafe's last week this week. Unfortunately the new addition at home doesn't lend to a 60+ hour week!

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

brianblaze wrote:
    The cafe's last week this week. Unfortunately the new addition at home doesn't lend to a 60+ hour week!

Sorry to hear that Brian it was nice to see a business actually opening on the main street and it will certainly be missed

Sorry to hear that.

Another one bites the dust. I've never seen as high a turn over in business tenants as Carlow has.

Best of luck with your next venture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

brianblaze wrote:

Sorry to hear that brian all the best in the future businesses. Congrats on the new arrival also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Sorry to hear that mate, was a great addition to the street..

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Some Yoke

Sad news about the cafe it was a nice place and deserved to do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

66 million euro millions winning ticket sold in Carlow!!! Enjoy whoever collected it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

squadro wrote: »
    66 million euro millions winning ticket sold in Carlow!!! Enjoy whoever collected it.

from reports it was a group of friends that won it...

• Registered Users Posts: 60,479 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

MSD creating 110 new jobs at there plant according to reports today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Seen this on my cousins facebook page. All very true. http://www.dailyedge.ie/night-out-in-carlow-2591540-Feb2016/

Started a Podcast with a fellow Carlovian about parenting if anyone's interested!

https://www.facebook.com/DadToBeIE/

Started a Podcast with a fellow Carlovian about parenting if anyone's interested!

https://www.facebook.com/DadToBeIE/

I see your baby sleep chart youre in for a shock :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kilkea

Hi Brian, sorry to see the shop close up, and I can see from all the reactions online that you had a big following.
    Just wondering whether you could share your experience on how you found running a business like this in Carlow was. Do you think there are good opportunities there or are the cards stacked against you from day one?
    The reason I ask is that I was recently made redundant and was playing with the idea of starting something close to home. I know Carlow is not exactly bustling from a retail point of view but just wondered whether you felt that on the food/drinks side also?

Thanks a million

• Advertisement

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I see your baby sleep chart youre in for a shock :D

She sleeps more than that at the moment....

Advertisement