Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

kilkea wrote: »
    Hi Brian, sorry to see the shop close up, and I can see from all the reactions online that you had a big following.
    Just wondering whether you could share your experience on how you found running a business like this in Carlow was. Do you think there are good opportunities there or are the cards stacked against you from day one?
    The reason I ask is that I was recently made redundant and was playing with the idea of starting something close to home. I know Carlow is not exactly bustling from a retail point of view but just wondered whether you felt that on the food/drinks side also?

Thanks a million

Honestly, any location apart from the Fairgreen and a few small scattered other areas, it's going to be an uphill battle, with no support from the local council.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

brianblaze wrote: »
    She sleeps more than that at the moment....

Give her time ;)

brianblaze wrote: »
    Honestly, any location apart from the Fairgreen and a few small scattered other areas, it's going to be an uphill battle, with no support from the local council.

The council had great potential to develop the board walk and weir areas of the river but greed saw any potential shot to **** with the poxy planning that's been granted over the years.

I'm only a blow in and Carlow town is adhoc sites thrown together with nothing to offer that would draw in tourists etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭patrickc

does anyone know why the new road in Graigue was resurfaced again after being only open a few months?

patrickc wrote: »
    does anyone know why the new road in Graigue was resurfaced again after being only open a few months?

I was wondering myself.

It looks like they've added in a turning lane for the entrance to whatever jj Ratigan is planning for the site. Housing I assume.

I figured the original contract was to include this lane and they weren't willing to accept burning off the road markings.

I cycled through it while it was ripped up and didn't see any trenches or excavation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭patrickc

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I was wondering myself.

It looks like they've added in a turning lane for the entrance to whatever jj Ratigan is planning for the site. Housing I assume.

I figured the original contract was to include this lane and they weren't willing to accept burning off the road markings.

I cycled through it while it was ripped up and didn't see any trenches or excavation.

there seems to be a better quality finish on the road I think, but I'm no expert so I'm probably talking through my ass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

Hi, admin, I hope you will allow my post, however, if not please feel free to delete and pm me so it's not posted again.

Hi all, My new Carlow facebook group is set up and looking for budding amateur photographers to show the best of Carlow. The group is about to break the 400 members any moment now.

Uploads previously unseen photos you have locked away in your attic or drawer, Let's see photos of Carlow we have never seen before.

Why not upload photos of your day in Carlow show what we have on offer.

Please take a moment to stop by Carlow Heritage Gazette:

We would love for you to share with us what's going on in Carlow town and surrounding areas.

www.facebook.com/groups/CarlowHeritageGazette

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

patrickc wrote:

Not sure if true but was told that they used cheap tar the first time and it was rising in parts all ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,479 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Has anyone else noticed an increase in emergency services sirens going day and night over the last few weeks around the town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Yep, was just talking about it earlier actually. Any amount of them were on the go last Saturday

• Advertisement

Has anyone else noticed an increase in emergency services sirens going day and night over the last few weeks around the town.

All the fire men are doing driving test one of the parts is with the sirens on and how they handle going with traffic

iano.p wrote: »
    All the fire men are doing driving test one of the parts is with the sirens on and how they handle going with traffic

Yes I have do they not know that at NIGHT theres no traffic? why the feel the need to wake me up I dont know

tonyheaney wrote:
    Yes I have do they not know that at NIGHT theres no traffic? why the feel the need to wake me up I dont know

Well let's hope if someones house burns down or any other reason. that they take into consideration that they might wake you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

tonyheaney wrote: »

I would assume that driving in traffic is a skill they have to learn/practice as part of their training.

TBH, i live close to the station and v rarely hear them in the evening. Last weekend most of the sirens I heard were early in the morning between 9-11

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭Carlow2011

patrickc wrote: »

The original surface was ****. The day they opened it all the stone had come out of it. Over the last few weeks it got worse.

if your on about the road by fruit hill manor yes and to be honest I don't know why the road was perfect not one hole in sight

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Anyone have good suggestions for a spice bag on town? Crystals is nice but has anyone any other suggestions?

Anyone have good suggestions for a spice bag on town? Crystals is nice but has anyone any other suggestions?

Wangs Tullow street Carlow My wife works there and she is the best cook ever (I am Irish and I'm getting fat)

Thanks T I'll give it a try

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Any idea what is happening in Carlow today.

I've seen garda response car.

Garda horses

And about 10 gardai walking around the town.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

120 Gardaí out in force as Operation Thor gets underway in Carlow

http://kclr96fm.com/120-gardai-force-operation-thor-gets-underway-carlow/

They really could do with doing this once every 6 weeks instead of once every 6 months.

How many of those arrested in these operations end up in prison I wonder I'd say most never see the inside for more than a couple of hours.

You would feel sorry for the Gardai arresting these people over and over again only to see them walking the street the next day.

tommycahir wrote: »
    120 Gardaí out in force as Operation Thor gets underway in Carlow

http://kclr96fm.com/120-gardai-force-operation-thor-gets-underway-carlow/

So thats what that was

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

So the Fairgreen is for sale for €36m.

Edit; Tiger also opens tomorrow afternoon the 21st.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Is there anything happening with the Buzzs?
    Wetherspoons were originally due to open this month weren't they?

So the Fairgreen is for sale for €36m.

Edit; Tiger also opens tomorrow afternoon the 21st.

DAM IT I HAVE 36.8999 MILLION IM BLOODY SHORT :D:D:D:D:D

ill just buy the one up there with Supervalu its on 5 mill

A lot of work going on in the old Darrers today I passed it this afternoon and it looks close to opening stock being put into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Is there a place in town that is an apple device seller?
    I've got the USB symbol stuck on the Ipad, saying to connect to Itunes.

I've followed the instructions online to reset the tablet, but i don't have an apple laptop to connect it to (or know anyone that does).

I'm hoping i can just connect it in store and get them to reset it.

Any ideas?

• Advertisement

A lot of work going on in the old Darrers today I passed it this afternoon and it looks close to opening stock being put into it.

That would be great, brilliant to see the main street coming back to life hopefully these are the green shoots of recovery

Advertisement