Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,476 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just passed the Courthouse Hotel and it has a big Sold sign up on it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Does anyone know where I could get a ps4 fixed in town ? It's not taking or ejecting discs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Just passed the Courthouse Hotel and it has a big Sold sign up on it now.

Sold to a cash buyer after the auction. Far less than hoped for. I expect it to be apartments, but you never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Does anyone know where I could get a ps4 fixed in town ? It's not taking or ejecting discs

Try Computer Experts (Comex) on Tullow St. (beside Dempseys/Murphs).

Alternatively Mobile Phone Care (think I have bastardised name a bit) on Kennedy Ave. run by an Oriental couple; got a phone screen fixed there a bit ago for €40 & they do all types of tech repairs & phone sales.

Could also try new shop that's doing similar re mobile phones & other tech repairs that's only opened on Potato Market beside D&Gs.

Nokia6230i wrote:
    Could also try new shop that's doing similar re mobile phones & other tech repairs that's only opened on Potato Market beside D&Gs.

Great thank you

• Advertisement

Part of Kilkea Castle went up in fire last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

Terrible, wonder how that happened? Was the hotel still open/operating?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Gym/swimming pool according to the 2FM wireless yokey last night.

http://www.kfmradio.com/news/25102015-1113/scene-kilkea-fire-preserved-experts-try-find-source-fire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Gourmet Cafe the (Old) Nickel Cafe is opening on Thursday. Decent chairs too & I've had a goo at the menu if anyone want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,762 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Was the hotel up and running? The gates were always closed any time I was passing.

• Advertisement

Fatality on the N81 between Tullow and the Bang Ups cross this morning. Pedestrian killed by a vehicle. RIP

brianblaze wrote:
    Fatality on the N81 between Tullow and the Bang Ups cross this morning. Pedestrian killed by a vehicle. RIP

Where's the bang ups cross ??

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Was the hotel up and running? The gates were always closed any time I was passing.

The hotel has been closed for years as far I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

The hotel has been closed for years as far I know.

They were meant to reopen last year, they were advertising at a wedding fair. Whether they ever did or not I don't know, they did advertise for staff but they never got back in touch with us when we enquired about having our wedding there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Where's the bang ups cross ??

Its between Ballon and Tullow, following link to google maps should show it
    https://www.google.ie/maps/place/52%C2%B045'22.0%22N+6%C2%B044'33.0%22W/@52.7551793,-6.7542588,14z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Gardai in Tullow are appealing for help in identifying the pedestrian who died in an early morning accident at Adristian Tullow on the N81 this morning.

The deceased is described as mid twenties, over 6 feet tall, well built with tight red hair.

If you have any information please call Tullow Gardai on 059 9151222

• Registered Users Posts: 11,762 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

alwaysadub wrote: »
    They were meant to reopen last year, they were advertising at a wedding fair. Whether they ever did or not I don't know, they did advertise for staff but they never got back in touch with us when we enquired about having our wedding there.

I know somebody who applied for the wedding co-ordinator job but she didn't take the job. I think it never opened. Strange that there would be a fire in it if it wasn't open. Hopefully not too much damage done. It's a lovely building.

Bosco's in the Fairgreen closed now.

Think they moved it fully ot the new unit in the industrial estate?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

brianblaze wrote: »
    Think they moved it fully ot the new unit in the industrial estate?

Yes, up beside jones business systems. Very handy there too.

• Advertisement

The new unit is great but that's a huge loss for fair green . Great traditional butchers with very friendly and knowledgeable staff , I hope they thrive on the O Brien road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

I can't see them doing as well up there. They took a big step back moving I feel.

iano.p wrote: »
    I can't see them doing as well up there. They took a big step back moving I feel.

Lower rates, bigger location. Not associated with the Fairgreen? All bonus points for me I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

I know that rates are a big thing but I cant see alot of people going up there.so hopefully don't lose out in the long run. I hope it does well as I know Steven well. Btw was in the other day and got a coffee well done.

iano.p wrote:
    I know that rates are a big thing but I cant see alot of people going up there.so hopefully don't lose out in the long run. I hope it does well as I know Steven well. Btw was in the other day and got a coffee well done.

Always seems busy when I've been in but it seems lacking in freshly butchered meat by comparison to the fair green shop .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

iano.p wrote: »

Having talked to people in Jones' they say that moving out there was the best decision they made. Business has gone up in a big way since.

Will people go out there specifically for meat? Probably not, but they will probably get some of those going into Jones' and there are alot of people working in that area.

Will be interesting to see how it goes.

€65 per sq/m in the Fairgreen for rates, per week, not inc VAT. The only draw of that place is the parking being free for me. I don't spend money in large chain stores wherever possible and that's a hive for UK Based retailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Always seems busy when I've been in but it seems lacking in freshly butchered meat by comparison to the fair green shop .

Was just going to post the same thing. Was in the new premises for the first time the other day and it seemed to mainly be pre packaged. Although the majority of butchers seem to be heading in this direction.

Would also agree that it's a step back for them, being 'associated' with the main shopping centre in the town is only a bad thing if you have some kind of bias towards the place. Still not too far from me personally and I will pass by it most days so will still use it, although if there had been another butcher close by Fairgreen I probably would have swapped to them for convenience.

Hopefully it works out though, always found them to be a good, friendly bunch of lads in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I see from their Facebook page that Smoque has closed down. They're now doing outside catering.

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Would also agree that it's a step back for them, being 'associated' with the main shopping centre in the town is only a bad thing if you have some kind of bias towards the place.

Try being a butcher in the same building as a Tesco...

Although yes, I do personally think that the Fairgreen is a glass covered, soulless heap which takes away ten times more from the town than it adds in jobs. (Both in character and financial terms)

Advertisement