Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Anyone have any recommendations for places to go running in Carlow?

Oak park is nice to do a few laps of

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Anyone have any recommendations for places to go running in Carlow?

Only just thought of this but look up Carlow running blog on Facebook as well he has a few routes he has run up there aswell...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

why were people painting a bus section into the fairgreen shopping centre car park? they're not giving a carlow local bus route another shot are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Has that not been there for a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Few choppers in the sky today with a few guards on horseback..

What's going on??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,452 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gardai had a stand inside the main doors in the Fairgreen today.

Come chat to your local Gardai type thing I think.

Leaflets on neighbourhood watch etc on the table from what I could see.

Lots of letting kids wear there hats and take selfies while they chatted with parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Few choppers in the sky today with a few guards on horseback..

What's going on??
    Dunno. Was waved through a checkpoint with ERU support at Askea. Garda wasn't checking for discs and all seemed very relaxed & casual so probably nothing too serious. Eurocopter doing laps of the town, hovered over IT for a bit then more laps.

Might have something to do with Operation Storm
    http://kclr96fm.com/gardai-launch-6-week-operation-storm-across-carlow-and-kilkenny/

Serious decrease in drug dealers on main streets today. Great to see. Six weeks without them will be nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

What's going on??

They are doing a crack down on robbers and that it's called operation storm. Loads of check points and a show of force

Another two arrests last night and 80k of cannabis seized. I wish they'd target the heroin dealers instead of the small time cannabis guys though. (not that 80k is small time though)

http://www.thejournal.ie/drugs-raid-carlow-arrest-2305771-Sep2015/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭votecounts

anyone got any news on why the water pressure is low in the graiguecullen area, barely any running water at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

iano.p wrote: »
    They are doing a crack down on robbers and that it's called operation storm. Loads of check points and a show of force

Yeah operation storm to run for six weeks. Then sure lads yis can carry on as normal. Better than nothing anyway.

All the usual suspects about today and yesterday.mseems they're not too afraid of the Storm...

Someone in painting the old Darrers Stores/ Heustons yesterday but not sure who. Still for rent/ sale.

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    The John Tyndall got a power washing today. Signage is down too and so too's the canopy I think. Looks like a bit of work going on inside too.

The roof is being taken off it today.

I noticed today that Ladbrokes has closed or has it just moved?

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

The roof is being taken off it today.

Heard it was bought buy a publican from hacketstown

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Folks whats the best way to go about renting in the county. Have a friend looking and daft only has about 17 places on it. Surely there is more then that in the whole county!!!!!! Even looking at the estate agents in the area there is feck all on it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Where is s/he looking to locate, don't forget to check locations close by in neighbouring counties.

Ballon bagnelstown general direction. Maybe just need to put some notices up in shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭patrickc

is the bookstation and the coffee place on tullow street both gone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

patrickc wrote: »

The guy (Brianblaze iirc) from the coffee place was on holidays, he posted as such her a while back, think he reopens tomorrow or Monday , not sure about the book station though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

patrickc wrote:

Bookstation is back open next week. They are doing it up

Yep, I'm open now again bookstation under renovations til Monday.

Also, we were nominated for 6 different awards in the Carlow Business Awards, which was nice

tumblr_moqd6l_Zalm1qbnleeo1_400.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Passing by the bus park today; where JJs used have the office there's now a coffee dock.

When'd it open? Who's running it?

No signage to indicate opening hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

Noticed that too last week, not sure who's running or owns it though.

Bit of rant for today, anyone else notice how service in Tesco has deteriorated badly over the last few months.

I'm sick going in & having to look for baskets at every check out...what's that about? plus they keep moving where they have them stacked, if they're lucky to be stacked at all!

Long q's with only 2 or 3 tills open & same with self service.

Went in this morning & they were only loading/setting up the self service tills at 9.45am so there was only 2 of the 4 working, surely they'ld think of doing that first thing?

Shopping at night time a bit of a disaster too as the shelves are poorly stocked.

Anyway rant over :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

denis160 wrote: »

I'm sick going in & having to look for baskets at every check out...what's that about? plus they keep moving where they have them stacked, if they're lucky to be stacked at all!

This.

A big congrats to Eamonn Tracey who today secured the world ploughing championship for back to back titles I think. Well done and keeping Carlow on the map

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

Hey folks.

I have recently moved from Monaghan to Carlow and I unfortunately don't know all the name of the streets/areas in the town so I am requiring some assistance.

I am planning to go on holiday later this month and need to get to Dublin Airport. I have been looking at JJ Kavanagh & Sons and they say that they pick up from "Carlow - Deans Shop" on their timetable

It this 'Deans Shop' referring to this shop or somewhere else?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 dm2978

Yes that's the right shop, it's on barrack street. They also pick up at the coach park at the roundabout beside the shop.

Advertisement