Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orange Faced Girls

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 siouxie sue

I was in hospital recently and the night nurse had a dark makeup line around her chin it looked like stubble or a beard! :eek: The makeup was so wrong mucky looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

And yes.. being tanned IS better than having a ''pale complexion''.

Emmm since when has orange been considered the colour of a tan?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

there was a girl on the bus this evening who was actually tangerine..seriously..kinda car crash situation...i was so stunned i just had to look..tangerine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Emmm since when has orange been considered the colour of a tan?

99% of people who wear fake tan are classed as being ''orange''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Ah but we are meant to be what we are meant to be and that is whatever we choose

That sentence makes no sense. If something is "meant to be" then there is no choice about it. The two are mutually exclusive.

Orange = wrong

Pale = mmmmmmmmmmmmm..................

• Advertisement

99% of people who wear fake tan are classed as being ''orange''

Yeah because they are. They go OTT and lash the stuff leaving a horrible smell, lumps between their fingers, streaks, and an orange completion. Girls who look like that are hideaous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Pale = Win. :D
    +1
    I don't like fake tan for the same reason I don't like faces plastered in makeup and caked in foundation... it doesn't look real, so why bother.
    If you've got that much to hide, just save yourself the money and buy a Zorro mask... you might at least look interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Cupcakes

Ummm who cares? If people want to wear fake tan (orange or not) then let them.

Why are people so effing judgemental?!

Cupcakes wrote: »

You must be one of them so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Cupcakes wrote: »

[/written with orange face]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I wouldn't get so defensive about this ladies. The fact of the matter is that fake tan just looks rotten. Even when supposedly 'applied right'. We're just letting you know. If you want to go on wearing it, by all means do but you're not fooling anyone and chances are, it makes you look uglier.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Kold wrote: »
    I wouldn't get so defensive about this ladies. The fact of the matter is that fake tan just looks rotten. Even when supposedly 'applied right'. We're just letting you know. If you want to go on wearing it, by all means do but you're not fooling anyone and chances are, it makes you look uglier.

Quote of the year.

All the hot women I have thrown one to haven't worn fake tan, and if they did it'd be one in the negative column for them!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Kold wrote: »

exactly my point. i wouldnt dream of telln anyone what to wear! just want to dispel any myths ther might be about fake tans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

I'm seriously considering moving to Finglas or somethin (no offence to anyone in Finglas) because even if I do have a greater chance of getting shot, at leasy I won't have to put up with all these oompa loompas. And I don't even live in a posh area of the southside :eek:

Granted I go to a posh school, and day in day out the girls come into school with bright orange faces and a clear 'tan' line on they're necks. It's funny because I wear little makeup and all the girls think I don't like makeup (I do, I wear it on nights out just not in school) so they patronise me by asking if I want them to help me with my makeup. For the amount of their daddys money they spend on the stuff, you'd think they'd be able to put it on. They can't. They have the fancy Mac brushes, the foundation, the press powder and they can't pick the right colour for their skin tone. It's unbelievable. They've had a lot more practice at putting it on than me yet they still can't do it right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

Pale ftw!

I can understand teenagers not knowing how to put makeup on properly but seriously, you'd think grown women would have more sense!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

More so than how it looks. How can they be BOTHERED with the upkeep. A girl in college does the spray tan herself at home, I've never seen her actual skin colour she could be green for all I know like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Well, being tanned is actually medically not a good thing. Real tan that is. It's you're skin telling you you've had too much exposure to UV rdiation.

Fake tan is equally as bad. Possibly even worse. People smothered in it can actually block sunlight, which results in the stunted synthesis of Vitamin D by the skin.

That, and it's makes it all too easy to pick off the easy chicks on a night out... Literally big orange beacons...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

obl wrote: »
    Well, being tanned is actually medically not a good thing. Real tan that is. It's you're skin telling you you've had too much exposure to UV rdiation.

Fake tan is equally as bad. Possibly even worse. People smothered in it can actually block sunlight, which results in the stunted synthesis of Vitamin D by the skin.

That, and it's makes it all too easy to pick off the easy chicks on a night out... Literally big orange beacons...

I can see what you're getting at but this is a bit jumbled.

Your skin reacts to the UV radiation by darkening the melanin that's already in your skin. The purpose of the melanin is to protect you from UV rays, so the darker it is the more protected your skin is. Now because UV is radiation it can mess with the DNA structures in your skin. This was not an issue in the past because we never really lived long enough for it to develop from the amount of sun we get here. With the advent of sun holidays and of sun beds the cases of skin cancer have increased exponentially. Basically Irish skin is not made for the amount of sun we're getting.

Fake Tan does nothing to your skin apart from dye the outer layers and make you smell like a year old pack of digestives. It offers no sun block whatsoever. This is why you see so many casualties on sun holidays who put on no sunblock thinking they're protected and end up with sun stroke. It doesn't stop your skin from breathing and is probably less destructive to your follicles and glands than normal makeup. It doesn't prevent the metabolisation of Vitimin D at all. However sunblocks do.

We all need Vitimin D, therefore it is advised to go outside without sunblock on overcast days.

The only issue I have with fake tan is that people seem to be brainwashed into believing that looking dirty is somehow preferable to looking pale. It's incredibly dirty looking, even when freshly professionally applied. Also girls don't understand that your foundation should be the same colour as your skin to look in any way natural.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

The worst is orange with blonde hair and really pale lipstick - WTF??!! It looks ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

eamon234 wrote: »
    The worst is orange with blonde hair and really pale lipstick - WTF??!! It looks ridiculous.
    fvck yeahh!

looks well creepy, like they've no lips at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

307F5BA94444A7167A6484F158C3.jpg

She's been
    Tango___Orange.jpged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

SDooM wrote: »
    Pale girls look hot.

Faked tan girls look like eedjits.

Continue
    You have to realise that you on boards who love the pale look are in a minority. Take for example the fact that the pale one in Girls aloud is the minging ugly one and most men fancy her tanned bandmates. Its tough being a pale gal in a tanorexic world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I'm pasty and sick looking with long black hair.... I do admit that I wear a lot of eye make-up, you know, loads of eyeliner and mascara but I'd only ever wear foundation if I had a wedding/big important event that involved photographs. :Dhaha

Get slagged a lot for the dark eyes and hair but if you ask me it is most definately better than being ORANGE! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

panda100 wrote: »
    You have to realise that you on boards who love the pale look are in a minority. Take for example the fact that the pale one in Girls aloud is the minging ugly one and most men fancy her tanned bandmates. Its tough being a pale gal in a tanorexic world

Lets be honest. Her face had a LOT to do with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Take for example the fact that the pale one in Girls aloud is the minging ugly one and most men fancy her tanned bandmates.
    Err no, she's ugly because she's ugly. She'd still be ugly if her face was smathered in fake tan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Its tough being a pale gal in a tanorexic world

Not really :confused:

I like it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

mp1972 wrote: »
    Lets be honest. Her face had a LOT to do with that.
    ahh brilliant way to make me spill milk on to my keyboard.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Eh, Nicola Roberts is minging. And she's a big tangerine.

nicola5.png

And she doesn't even flick the bean!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

tbh none of them look nice in that photo at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i've no problem with girls with orange fake-tanned skin.

along with their ugg boots and horrible high back-combed blonde fringe, it helps me to know who is a self-absorbed high-maintenance moron so i can avoid talking to them.

Advertisement