Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orange Faced Girls

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

And yes.. being tanned IS better than having a ''pale complexion''.
    Matter of opinion.
    panda100 wrote: »
    You have to realise that you on boards who love the pale look are in a minority. Take for example the fact that the pale one in Girls aloud is the minging ugly one and most men fancy her tanned bandmates. Its tough being a pale gal in a tanorexic world
    I'm pale and don't feel ostracised. That one out of Girls Aloud is considered the "minger" of the band because of her looks not her pale skin. Not that she is a minger.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

And she hasn't got pale skin either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Thank you Dudess. Nice to see I'm not alone on this. Really, being tanned doesn't mean you're instantly gorgeous. I'd hate to think that somebody would just write me off as being ugly just coz I'm pale. It's pretty insulting really, kinda suggests that by NOT covering our faces, we let ourselves down. I'm sorry but I totally disagree fuzzywiggle.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    And she doesn't even flick the bean!
    LOL! :D
    And she hasn't got pale skin either.
    Yes she has. In that pic she's either super-duper tango-ed or it's her head on some other one's body. She's milk white and very pretty: http://www.tattletart.com/wp-content/nicola-roberts-foto.jpg
    MizzLolly wrote: »
    Really, being tanned doesn't mean you're instantly gorgeous. I'd hate to think that somebody would just write me off as being ugly just coz I'm pale.
    Very few people are that moronic, and those who are are really not worth getting to know anyway.

I'll keep my porcelain complexion thanks. My beauty icons are the uber-sexy ones from the 40s and 50s who had beautiful alabaster skin, I'm really not bothered with the current crop (apart from Scarlett Johansson, Dita Von Teese, Liv Tyler and Nicole Kidman who are all pale beauties. Kate Beckinsale too before she became all Hollywood-ised).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I'm seriously considering moving to Finglas or somethin (no offence to anyone in Finglas) because even if I do have a greater chance of getting shot, at leasy I won't have to put up with all these oompa loompas.
    Yeah but you'll have to deal with all the hoopy-earring-wearing plebs shouting down the street after you looking for a smoke. :rolleyes:
    tbh I think you'd want to trade back fairly quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Kold wrote: »
    I wouldn't get so defensive about this ladies. The fact of the matter is that fake tan just looks rotten. Even when supposedly 'applied right'. We're just letting you know. If you want to go on wearing it, by all means do but you're not fooling anyone and chances are, it makes you look uglier.

Then tell me why do so many girls wear if it's ''rotten?''
    Girls wearing fake tan are 10 a penny these days, why can't they all see how rotten it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Girls wearing fake tan are 10 a penny these days, why can't they all see how rotten it is?
    If I could tell you the reasons why women do anything I would be a millionaire :) Is it not just viewed as standard make-up, like wearing lip stick?

Lads and Girls with mullets were 10 a penny in the late 80s. Did they look good?

Just to illustrate:
    harry.jpg

keating-senior-semi.png

:D

Because there are a lot of sheep in this world. Something being popular does not make it nice/good.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Because they're idiots, quite frankly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Dudess wrote: »
    Because there are a lot of sheep in this world.
    That's very true. Never underestimate the herd mentality!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

They're still not half as bad as fat birds though.

I dare you to post that in the Ladies Lounge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

Gyalist wrote: »
    Yeah, but was it as good as this?

those guys are forever hounded by teh internetz:
    NSFW!

eamon234 wrote: »
    The worst is orange with blonde hair and really pale lipstick - WTF??!! It looks ridiculous.

than you should never, NEVER visit shibuya or ikebukuro in tokyo.
    ganguro.jpg
    Ganguro1.jpg
    yamamba+4.jpg
    yamambas.jpg
    yamamba_1149148010.jpg
    559335857.gif

as for the whole issue being discussed here, i personally hate fake tan, partly because i can't apply it properly and partly because i prefer looking pale

pick me out:
    17157586a6842309401l.jpg

fake tan CAN look good if it is applied well but one of the main problems is that girls don't exfoliate properly before reapplying so they're putting one layer of brown right over another, creating that caked on look and those horrendous colonies of brown near their ankles, knees, elbows and inbetween their fingers.

Those Japanese girls are trying to look weird though! I'd love to go to Japan just to see all the mad dressing up. Cosplay is quite bizarre and fun too.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

Those Japanese girls are trying to look weird though!

i know that, but the poster said he hates the orange/blonde/pale lipped look so they would probably be his worst nightmare!

oh and some people are professional cosplayers and get paid for it. handy job eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Japanese Ganguro Girls rock! They dress like that to not fit in, whereas Irish Girls all (*warning:generalisation) try to look the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

hmmm... dont like the ooompa looompa look myself..... that riduculous tangoed look... i am very comfortable with my pale skin & would never wear orange... coz im so pale, fake tan dont really come out on me anyway ... the most i get is just em, you cant see the blue of my veins as much :)

However, as for all the girls trying to look the same, em, no. Coz i certainly dont wannalook like an ooompa loompa and have been picked on for years for dressing my own style..

To be fair though, some of my mates who are pale to the point of looking quite "washed-out" (their words) and would only get burnt if they went out in the sun, use a bit of fake tan for a healthy "glow". They get really good quality brands (e.g. Fake Bake) and apply it correctly so it looks 100% natural - as in, you would not know they had fake tan on unless they said it.
    I think that looks good and it's not comparable with the orange look. I mean, it's easy for me to shun fake tan altogether - I'm pale but not washed-out looking, I don't go blue when it's cold and I do get a bit of a glow when it's sunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

this has been one of My Gripes for a while now. its not so much False tan as it is Foundation that bugs me. some people just wear Foundation that is FAR too dark for their face and it looks so ridiculous!! makes me mad...!! :mad:
    ...Especially whe its far too Pinky on them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Ruthee

yeah that pinky look is terrible..its from using foundation that is pinky toned instead of yellow toned which they should be using..i hate seeing young girls with perfect skin completly covering up their faces when ya can tell they dont have anything to cover up...my god what'll they be like when that have the odd wrinkle!!! as for the fake tan..live and let live i say... but at least read the instructions and EXFOLIATE....stops it looking like a dirty mess..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I dare you to post that in the Ladies Lounge :)
    Lol, they'd literally eat me.

rb_ie wrote: »
    Lol, they'd literally eat me.

I don't often eat shit :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

WindSock wrote: »
    I don't often eat shit :cool:

Which imples you do once in a while...

Only when I'm really hungry. For instance, I had McDonalds the other day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 SheenaD

Some girls can be orange faced though and they dont realise it themselves they are usually the ones that GIVE out about it and it makes them mad :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭campervan

To be fair though, some of my mates who are pale to the point of looking quite "washed-out" (their words) and would only get burnt if they went out in the sun, use a bit of fake tan for a healthy "glow". They get really good quality brands (e.g. Fake Bake) and apply it correctly so it looks 100% natural - as in, you would not know they had fake tan on unless they said it.
    I think that looks good and it's not comparable with the orange look. I mean, it's easy for me to shun fake tan altogether - I'm pale but not washed-out looking, I don't go blue when it's cold and I do get a bit of a glow when it's sunny.

I'd be along those lines too...I use Lancome flash bronzer and exfoliate and moisturise really well beforehand. but then, i would only use this on very odd occasions, birthday, wedding, etc. It really can look well if its done right. I wouldnt even go back to a salon to get it done, i did a few times but it didnt work properly. practice yourself makes perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭jenny retro

can't believe no-one has posted this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLrYN8CgVPY

im pale and i find it hard to find pale foundation.. even when its called "fair" or "porcelain" it tends to be a bit on the orange side. i guess its cos most make up isnt made for irish levels of paleness!!

that said i did get a really nice one recently.(max factor - lasting performance) anybody else have any suggestions? the light kind as opposed to the "i feel like i have peanut butter plastered on my face" type heavy stuff...

and i personally think some people can get away with fake tan if applied properly. but some people it just doesnt suit or they go overboard and they just look plain silly.

we had one teacher back in school, she used to get her fake tan done once a week or fortnight or whatever. she was stick thin and long blond hair (getting the picture?!) and she used to often wear open toed shoes.. she actually fake tanned between her toes and the soles of her feet..

i think thats also part of the problem.. this overall orangeness.. when you get a tan every part of you isnt the same colour. insides of arms, elbows etc are usually lighter and the palms of your hands dont tan!!!

as for the orange face/white neck thing..(vomit) i think its mostly women/girls that are usually oompa loompa-ed only have one shade of foundation.. and dont realise that they need to change when the "tan" fades.

my two cents!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

can't believe no-one has posted this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLrYN8CgVPY

im pale and i find it hard to find pale foundation.. even when its called "fair" or "porcelain" it tends to be a bit on the orange side. i guess its cos most make up isnt made for irish levels of paleness!!

that said i did get a really nice one recently.(max factor - lasting performance) anybody else have any suggestions? the light kind as opposed to the "i feel like i have peanut butter plastered on my face" type heavy stuff...

The red haired one in Girls Aloud (oh don't start another thread on how ugly she is please people!) is bringing out a whole range of make up for paler skinned girls, saw some of the photos of models from the launch and it looks really nice and natural. I know it's Girls Aloud but it might be worth looking in to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭jenny retro

i just went back a few pages there and found a whole topic on pale make-up.

thanks though!

Advertisement