Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity...the A to Zed or Zee

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

O is, quite obviously, for Oscar Wilde, one of our more famous graduates, and yet one after whom no notable object is named.

*cough* ----> http://www.tcd.ie/OWC/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 BenGunn

Q is for Queers, who comprise 83% of the male population of Trinity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

R
    is for Rain, which make the slippery cobblestones of our fair square nigh unnavigable!

then....

S
    is for Schols, the academic masochism which is replicated nowhere else in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

BenGunn wrote: »
    Q is for Queers, who comprise 83% of the male population of Trinity.
    Are you sure that figure is accurate? Thought it would be higher...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Marshy wrote: »
    Are you sure that figure is accurate? Thought it would be higher...

LOLOLOLOLOLOL Eoin....oh how did your tests go after?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Randomness

last time i did my alphabet it didnt go...

...LMOPQRSTPQRS... lol

ok i think we are supposed to be on U but have fast forwarded to T but curiosly haven't covered V to Q!! hmmm this could be the makings of a puzzle!!!

haha, ok let me see T...is for Tara St....one of the two train stations at close proximity to college

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

U is for the University Council, the body which "shall superintend and regulate the academic business of the University" (1966 Consolidated Statutes).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

V is for Vacant. Which the college is at the moment.

I missed this thread. Decided to dig it up again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

W is for Westland Row at the East End of college, whose useful occupants include a Dart station and a Centra that is handy for both chicken fillet rolls and Pav naggins.

It's also for Work, the annoying thing that takes place between college years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

shay_562 wrote: »
    It's also for Work, the annoying thing that takes place between college years.
    I have a distinct memory of traversing Europe and America between college years. But then I did have a fabulously high-paying, low-energy, piss-easy job during term time with which to fund my jet-setting lifestyle.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

jmccrohan wrote: »
    V is for Vacant. Which the college is at the moment :pac:

It is in me hole.There's more americans,spaniards and assorted asiatics milling around now than you'll ever see during term-time.
    The buttery sounds like the tower of babel at lunchtime.

Bump - for the greater good!

Continuing this on and given that it had reached X, everyone's favourite letter, I have researched this in great detail (googled "words begining with x") and have found one suitable to the Trinty A to Z thread, therefore I feel oblidged to continue it.

X is for Xenagogue, a guide of strangers. In Trinity, the people who wander around talking about campus and get paid while tourist oooo and aaghh and our lovely campus. Speaking of tourists, the place seems extra thronged lately.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Y is for YUSSS

cause this thread got bumped :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

Z is for Zoology Dept.

Couldn't think of anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

A is for the anatomy museum. A very freaky place indeed.

B is for Bernard Dunne, he went to Trinity don't ya know.

C for Crap.

Which is what i think of certain announcements made today.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

D is for the Death Star which is Located Outside the Usher libary

130374236_07c9ecdb4d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

E is for Event That Must Not Be Named. About which I may or may not be in total ****ing agreement with jmcrohan (assuming we're thinking of the same announcement, that is)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

F is for Fúcking hell, I agree, what a shambles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

G is for Give us the Gossip, via PM if necessary.

Also for Graduates like me.

G for God.

There is one.

Non mcd event mods...
    :P

EDIT: too slow.... meh..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

H is for the Health Centre

The waiting list for this service is so long that generally people are better before their appointment arrives. However, it is free, meaning that you save €50 or so if you need a medical cert for something. Of course there are the emergency appointments twice a day, which require you to wait for an hour or so in a stupid queue to make sure that you get a place.

They also do relatively cheap vaccinations and eye tests, and will do repeat prescriptions for cheaper than your regular GP.

The director of the Health Service is Dr. David Thomas, who is a really nice guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

A is for the anatomy museum. A very freaky place indeed.

Cool, can anyone visit it. Like the geology museuem, or do you have to make a appointment

Oh and I is for institutes. Trinity has loads like the CRANN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

starn wrote: »
    Cool, can anyone visit it. Like the geology museuem, or do you have to make a appointment

Oh and I is for institutes. Trinity has loads like the CRANN

Im afraid its only students whose course requires the study of anatomy that are allowed access. :o
    You could always go to a bodies exhibition If your into that sort of thing.

Edit: Oh J is for the Joly theatre, where I had my very first lecture. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

K is for Keep Off the feckin' grass.

L is for Lawnmower - following on the grass theme, if which there is a carpet of it to cut on the Cricket Pitch and not so much on the Rugby Pitch. I walked past the other day and got that cut grass smell, it was sunny and then I saw some daffodils, I smiled - I rivals Wordsworth I do.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

Cantab. wrote: »
    Jeez, Michael McNamara's construction company have been kept busy these last couple of years. I wonder what institution educated his architects?

Can we file for compensation given the architectural raping we've gotten over the last ten years?

McNamara's is a construction company.

Under normal contracts in Ireland, the Architect is appointed by the client in this case TCD.

Can't blame builders for that !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

M is for McTurcaills, where I had my first night out with college people.

cool thread btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

N is for necromancy. Thread necromancy.

Advertisement