Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity...the A to Zed or Zee

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

S is for short skirts,the airheads in the arts block seem to favour them to take the attention away from thier utter innablity to speak properly.

Degsy wrote: »
    S is for short skirts,the airheads in the arts block seem to favour them to take the attention away from thier utter innablity to speak properly.

and long may it last

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

T is for Trinity College. Naturally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Or Trinity Monday or Trinity Ball

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Or more excitingly Tunnels. I mean come on, Trinity College? Where's your imagination?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Since Shay hasn't gotten here yet, I suppose I better go ahead: U is for Ultimate Frisbee. One of the wierder sports in a college with a lot of wierd sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Or more excitingly Tunnels. I mean come on, Trinity College? Where's your imagination?

In an essay on the American Congress.

In an essay on the American Congress.

I didn't mean you. You mentioned the ball, which is a little more exciting but I was saving it for when we got back to B.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

V is for the Visitors, the curious link between the University and the College. See Chapter III of the Statutes for more.

europerson wrote: »
    V is for the Visitors, the curious link between the University and the College. See Chapter III of the Statutes for more.

you can't leave me hanging like this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Most mysterious name chosen ever. EVER.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

Not really. Lots of things have capital-V Visitors, like prisons and psychiatric institutions. We're in good company. Ahem.

(Seriously, though, most old institutions have Visitors, especially in the UK. And what they carry out is a Visitation (which used to happen on a regular basis as it still does for prisons) or even an Extraordinary Visitation. That, I'll give you, is a weird name).

Europerson, I have an entire file on links between the University and College which stuff that is much more bizarre than the Visitors (who are, by Trinity standards, a relatively understandable institution), and will talk with you about it if you like, but I'd advise against asking if you value your free time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Oh I know that the idea of Visitors exists in lots of places - just always makes me think of dodgy sci-fi or horror books I read when I was a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

W is for the Walton theatre.

Good luck with X, Y and Z.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Y is for Your Laptop which WILL go missing if you leave it unattended and piss off for an hour to have coffee in Sol.

You forgot X. Cmon, it's easy. X ray machine. There must be one somewhere on campus.

If there isn't than X stands for X ray machine: there aren't any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

Z is for...eh.... Zither!
    There's got to be at least ONE zither player in the Music department, right?

(I'm disappointed that no one thought to add 'Schols' for S, especially since that's what I'm taking a break from right now.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭bright

X-ray machines are probably commonplace in the TCD section of James'.

z is for the zebra crossing near the Pav that lets students across one of the very few on campus ''roads''...

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Randomness

agh jeez what's a girl to do! you start a thread, go away and do your exam, come back and it's back at A again!!........

hmm okey

A is for Atrium

curious structure.....lots of timber....home to some socities and random gatherings.....has benches......

as you can see my A imagination hasn't gotten any better in one day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

B is for BOOKS. Lots of them around here!

• Advertisement

haha... b for books, brilliant

C is for Cobbles

you learn something new everyday, like the days you slip in FLAT SHOES in front square, it wasn't a full on slip more like a slide....i blame...the rain

agh god the ball in heels is gonna be great if I slip in flats!

also saw someone graduating one day and literally tippy-toeing across in 5 inches heels, poor girl

xeduCat wrote: »
    Europerson, I have an entire file on links between the University and College which stuff that is much more bizarre than the Visitors (who are, by Trinity standards, a relatively understandable institution), and will talk with you about it if you like, but I'd advise against asking if you value your free time.
    So tempting... Alas, I have a term test tomorrow, an essay to tidy up and to reference by the end of week, and awaiting thereafter are the joys of Senior Sophister Trinity Term. Perhaps I'll feel brave enough over Easter. Thanks xeduCat. :)

And while I'm here...

D is for Degrees

The reason most of us are here.

We have some wonderful degree titles and quirks. The BAI springs to mind, and there's the ever wonderful MA for Bachelors of at least three years' standing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

E is for Exam (or Examination) Hall, aka the Public Theatre, a special treat for Trinity students having a special place just for exams (and graduation (aka Commencement), and registration, and even boxing). In many ways a mirror image of the Chapel across the way, but more prayers are said in the Exam Hall? Also has a pretty impressive organ (shuddup, JF engineers) that I'd love if they played when exams started...

F is for Flat Screen T.V

the one in the arts block, although all i ever see on it is the time in the top right corner...i'm sure it contains other useful info....

oh hang on, it's not really flat screen is it? hmmm i will investigate this further

(haha so obvious that the ratio to increased posts on "trinity ...a to z" thread by me is directly related to the doom of economics tomorrow and my convincing myslef that i must understand it somewhere in the back of my brain...somewhere!)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

G is for Goldsmith Hall

Home of the JCR

H is for Health Sciences, one of the three Faculties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Why can't G be for GMB, damn!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

efb wrote: »
    Why can't G be for GMB, damn!
    There is always next time :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I is for isservices. Well done guys on Beckett 2. I love you for it.

Advertisement