Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2008 NFL Draft

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

1. Jake long
    2. Chris long
    3. Matt Ryan
    4. Darren mcFadden

barring trades thats the first 5. this late draft kills the excitemenr of it.

also, the sooner AD dies, the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Anyone watching this on nfl.com?
    The screen just freezes for me when I try to watch it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,116 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

It's on Sky Sports 3 if you have digital.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    It's on Sky Sports 3 if you have digital.

I do but I got overruled :(
    Trying to explain to non NFL people why the draft matters is sort of tough

cooker3 wrote: »
    I do but I got overruled :(
    Trying to explain to non NFL people why the draft matters is sort of tough

kick them in the face

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,116 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Flick over and let them get one look at Jamie Duke. End of argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

cooker3 wrote: »
    Anyone watching this on nfl.com?
    The screen just freezes for me when I try to watch it

happened to me too on IE and Firefox so i downloaded Safari as my web browser and its working 100%.hasnt been a single glitch since i started watching it

kev_s88 wrote: »
    happened to me too on IE and Firefox so i downloaded Safari as my web browser and its working 100%.hasnt been a single glitch since i started watching it

Just got it working :)
    Just in time for packers!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,979 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Bill Belichick seems to have made the right moves. It looks like Jerod Mayo was his man all along in the first round and then to get Wheatley so far down in round two is such a bonus.
    And now we have three third round picks, I can't wait. I would imagine at least one more corner and probably a safety to backup and learn his trade over the coming season from Harrison. Maybe an offensive lineman as well. But with Bellichick anything is possible, you just never know whats coming next.

I would like to see us pick up Tyvon Branch and Oniel Cousins. From what I've read Branch will be a Patriot if he is still available when the Patriots get their first third round pick. He seems like a Bellichick type of guy. He has played corner and could make a very good safety with his reputation as the fastest corner in college football last year. He was also a great help in college to the coaching staff, helping out the younger players and the coaching staff at Connecticut reckon he will become a coach some day. Cousins seems like a guy who could improve over the next few years having only started playing football in 2003 and only playing at OL for the last two seasons.

• Advertisement

Well Chucky, your team got Tyvon Branch and Oniel went to the Ravens.
    I like all that I have read about Branch, hope he works out for the Raiders.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

we got hester!:D Good blocker.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well Chucky, your team got Tyvon Branch and Oniel went to the Ravens.
    I like all that I have read about Branch, hope he works out for the Raiders.

A corner back though. Got rid of Fabs for a 4th to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Vikings had a great draft all considering.

Did I mention Jared Allen? Oh I did... thats ok then.

We picked up the highest rated Safety in Round 2 to help replace Darren Sharper when his legs give out.

John David Booty was a surprise but i'm happy with him. He will end up our 3rd QB moving up to 2nd as the season goes on.

Also drafted a Centre from ND to ease into Matt Birks position, a DT to help back up the Williams Wall and a WR/PR/KR which is another position of need.

Not to mention the other 14 undrafted college players we picked up as soon as the draft had ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Derrick Harvey and Quentin Groves to the Jags?? not a bad first day at all.

picked up a RB, CB and LB too so im pretty happy although we didnt do much to boost our O-Line which could have used a bit of help.but i wont complain after getting 2 quality DEs

A corner back though. Got rid of Fabs for a 4th to.
    I like him but it looks like he might be a safety in the nfl. Thats what I was hoping the Pats would get him.

This is from the nfl. You will like this.

His measurables have been exceptional. Branch's strong workout numbers compare to only five other players at his position and four have played in the Pro Bowl, while the fifth is a quality contributor in the NFL

Overall I think the team that did best on draft day were the Bears. I like all their picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Happy enough with the eagles draft. Still missing that no1 WR but there wasn't really any I was crazy about in the draft. Trading out of the 1st wasn't the most shocking move but I thought we'd give the house for Albert. You couldn't imagine how happy I am that the chiefs got in there first! He has bust written al over him!!

When you put the trade into perspective it is unreal!!! We got a 1st, 2nd and 4th for Jeff Freakin Otah!!! A run blocking OT!!! I mean talk of him playing LT is absurd! The guy will move the pile but he's gonna get murdered on passing downs...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,261 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Happy enough with the Jets draft. Gholston is a classic boom or bust gamble. In three years time he will either be out of the game / we will be looking to offload him - or he will be the premiere pass rusher in the league. I like taking Dustin Keller at TE with our second pick. He is nowhere near the finished article in terms of his blocking game but his speed and ability to make yards after the catch should give us more options in the passing game and allow us to create more personnel matches in the middle of the field.

Further down we took on players to give depth in light areas of the roster. Taking Euigine at QB makes sense in so far as we only have CP and KC at the moment - and I think he was the best available at that point (Colt Brennan won't make it in the NFL imo).

So happy enough. We had addressed most of our needs in free agency and managed to sort out a restructure of Cole's contract. As such, I like the fact that we took a bit of a gamble on an offensive and defensive playmaker.

So far we have lost Vilma, McCaerins (wr), Coleman (ss), Hobbs (lb), D Robertson (DT) and could now lose tightend Chris Baker who is unhappy with his contract and the acquisitions of Bubba Franks and Keller and suggesting that he will not report to camp before he gets a new deal. It would be nice to keep Baker and Vilma in that they are strong players but they are hardly vital given the schemes and game plans that we use (Vilma just doesn't fit a 3 - 4 scheme).

Overall, we will return with a much improved offensive and defensive line and it should allow us to move the ball / stop the run much better than we did last year. Keeping time of possession more weighted in our favor and removing some of the pressure from the quarterback should allow us to improve our record. We have been dealt what appears to be a fairly good schedule so I'm optimistic at this stage that we can get close to a winning season and the playoffs once the bit of luck goes our way.

Go Jets!!

He has bust written all over him. We were 6th in rushing last year, we dont need a RB at all. And none of other RB's are worth anything. Fargas had 1 good year, just got a big contract, no way is he going. Rhodes is good, but worth a 3rd at the most. Bush has done nothing in the nfl yet. Jordan is going to get cut anyway, so who would trade for him.

Considering a 70 year old women could rush for 100 yards against us it's crazy for us to draft a RB, but then again al davis is in charge.

I'm glad you said this. He's no Adrian Peterson, that much is for certain. Crazy decision by the Raiders.

Also, read the first few paragraphs to find out why the whole draft process is a bit lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

While I agree it was the wrong pick (should have been Dorsey 100%) it's not really just about how many yards he's gonna get. McFadden is a big play threat. He keeps the opposing D honest. I like Fargas but to be honest most team slast year just sat back in an almost prevent like D against the Raiders. They knew they could score more than them so giving up anything outside a TD was fine.

And he's a genetic freak so he was always going to be Davis pick!!!

Advertisement