Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Alliance Current Events Smackfest Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Kiith wrote: »
    Wasnt Delve like the promised land for the Goons?

Then the Devs nerfed moons. [/tinfoil] :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

R0ot wrote: »
    Then the Devs nerfed moons. [/tinfoil] :pac:

Not all moons though, specifically the moon types that had traditionally made Delve a brokenly wealthy region. Due to the relative increase in Technetium value the north is now one of the wealthier moon areas.

Also, I would just like to say that this whole situation is absolutely perfect. It was always said, some times jokingly, that goons have to be perpetually at war to hold together as an alliance. As soon as the blood stop flowing, goons get bored. Well, we sit in Delve getting fat for a year and bam, the alliance vanishes because the directors aren't even bothered logging in to pay bills.

We always said we're terrible at this game. Many players thought we were joking. Well, here you have it. We are just awful at Eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Incoming moon random shuffle where all the tech moons will end up in delve.... :D

R0ot wrote: »
    Incoming moon random shuffle where all the tech moons will end up in delve.... :D

They also fixed the broken truesec Delve had during Bob's tenure. I'm the last person to put on my tinfoil hat but I have to at least acknowledge a large amount of suspicious timing. Bob hold Delve since the dawn of time, it has a staggering amount of the most valuable moons in the game and effective -1.0 true sec across the entire region and stays like that for several years. Goonfleet takes over Delve and CCP 'fix' the truesec, making it match other regions and then announce moongoo changes that reduces the moon income to 10% of what it had been. Honestly I doubt they're favouring Bob/IT anymore, but at the very least it was some retarded timing on their part. The truesec thing needed to be fixed, and should have been fixe years ago, but the moon changes are just bafflingly arbitrary.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

cry some more goonie :p .. in fairness though the game was broken when alliances could fling away whole cap fleet's and replace them with a few days moon income (assumeing they still cant do this)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Coranor

Zillah wrote: »
    They also fixed the broken truesec Delve had during Bob's tenure. I'm the last person to put on my tinfoil hat but I have to at least acknowledge a large amount of suspicious timing. Bob hold Delve since the dawn of time, it has a staggering amount of the most valuable moons in the game and effective -1.0 true sec across the entire region and stays like that for several years. Goonfleet takes over Delve and CCP 'fix' the truesec, making it match other regions and then announce moongoo changes that reduces the moon income to 10% of what it had been. Honestly I doubt they're favouring Bob/IT anymore, but at the very least it was some retarded timing on their part. The truesec thing needed to be fixed, and should have been fixe years ago, but the moon changes are just bafflingly arbitrary.

Delve never had broken truesec(god i wish half the rumours about delve were true) thats only what goons were told over and over. You could always see the difference between the actual -1.0 systems and everywhere else and there were a lot of places that were just **** tbh. Only thing about delve ratting wise was there tended to be heavier rats on the gates for some reason.

Really if ccp ever favoured us then i'd hate to see what they did to alliances that annoyed them. They treated us like ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

so whats actually happened with this sov bug / wallet bug thing? clue in a person who hasnt logged in in two months here for I know not what the deuce

Coranor wrote: »
    Really if ccp ever favoured us then i'd hate to see what they did to alliances that annoyed them. They treated us like ****.

Yeah, those T2 BPOs were gay.
    Gneez wrote:
    so whats actually happened with this sov bug / wallet bug thing?

Turns out it wasn't a bug, just a mix of incompetence on our end and dubious game design on CCPs. Basically our CEO is on his hooneymoon and the other finance guy appears to be an idiot who wasn't paying attention. Three days before the bills need to be paid a DED mail arrives with the other hundred useless DED mails directors get warning you that the wallet division due to have the bills paid from it has insufficient funds. Nothing else happens until the instant the bills are to be paid, at which point sovereignty vanishes back to unclaimed without grace period or opportunity to remedy the situation. We had plenty of money, just not allocated to the right wallet division.

So yeah, a combination of lazy goon directors and bizarrely unforgiving game design.

One great thing to emerge from this is that we're shedding a large number of fair weather faggots who were never really goons in the first place. I've noticed that a sign of the actual SA goons is their first reaction to all of this was "Bwahahaha awesome". Its the faggots who joined for the sake of 0.0 access and being part of a large alliance who stomp and cry and get angry.

so who else was effected by this wallet bug? not just the swarm I take it?

A bunch of alliance lost some, but goonswarm and XDeath are the only ones to get hit hard. XDeath lost even more than us, over 40 apparently. They, however, are nap'd all over so no one invaded. We were already fighting a pretty large invasion when it occured.

• Advertisement

Arent you a spy ? how can we be sure you didn't do it so coranor your puppet master pulling the strings from sword's could move in and get his favourite blow up sheep back from nol ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Coranor

bizmark wrote: »
    Arent you a spy ? how can we be sure you didn't do it so coranor your puppet master pulling the strings from sword's could move in and get his favourite blow up sheep back from nol ?

Its true he is my angry alt.

You'll probably find it'll be a little like when we lost delve after the alliance got done in. Lots of tools going waaah but the real members just kinda shrugging and asking where they need to dig in.

Its always the guys that take their isk making too seriously that jump ship first. What we're seeing now ofc is all those ******s wanting to come back now that we have delve.

zillah disbanded goons c/d ?

Technically I kicked all of the corps out, including goonfleet. We are reforming under GoonWaffe for now. I thought Delve was amazing but this is a whole new level of hilarity.

Kartoon has also just committed the single greatest theft in all of Eve history. He has the entire goonfleet/goonswarm wallet, our capship cache and trillions worth of infrastructure.

He spent an hour earlier suiciding moros after moros after moros for insurance fraud. They piled up outside the station. This is like the end of fight club.

EDIT:
    2dcc20j.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 JoeDante

Jaysus, how'd that happen? had the keys to the kingdom eh?

ALL THAT MONEY! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Here's to hoping that the new alliance wont contain Battlestars and most of the other pubbie corps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

I'm also trapped in Delve at the minute. My subscriptions should have run out about two or three days before all this **** happened but one of the accounts re-subbed somehow and I only found out after all the evacs. Not that it changes the fact that I don't actually play the game anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Im actually really disappointed by all this.
    Delve III was supposed to be ~good fights~ , everyone knew it was coming, but now....

I felt this goon post was the most appropriate
    we trolled ourselves out of existence, this is definitely the most appropriate end for us

Krieg wrote: »
    Im actually really disappointed by all this.

Were you one of the people invading us?

This is brilliant. Goons are laughing their ass off and the various alliances arrayed against them are going "Awwww...:("

According to a post on SA, Karttoon has done something beautiful and amazing.

As many of you may know, goons have controlled the Alliance called Band of Brothers ever since Hargoth disbanded Bob. Well, now he has moved Goonfleet into the Band of Brothers alliance, has put enough isk in the various wallets to to pay their bills for years, and has quit the game.

Goonfleet, in the Band of Brothers alliance, devoid of players, tied together until the day the servers shut down.

I find that very beautiful considering the relationship goons and bob have had.

• Advertisement

hilarious if true

It's absolutely true.

Ok, well it turns out that the suiciding dreadnoughts was one of our capital producers getting rid of **** he didn't think he'd be able to sell. There is no way this is a troll or anything like that. Our CEO went fuckgoons and goonswarm as a 0.0 force no longer exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Were you one of the people invading us?

This is brilliant. Goons are laughing their ass off and the various alliances arrayed against them are going "Awwww...:("

Aye, AAA pet :pac:

I actually went as far as cancelling my sub last night after seeing all the goon sov loss :(
    Ill probably come back in a few months, I cant imagine goons/bob not having some form of 0.0 interest, or maybe highsec miners are indefinitely screwed

SOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBAN
    SOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBAN

HAHA IM ALSO A GOOn AND I LOVE TO MEME XDXDXD HOW RANDOM IS THAT!

Wicked burn Gnee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Wicked burn Gnee.

you're a faggot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

you're a faggot

A challenger appears!

Edit: its getting more and more like CAOD everyday. <3

Every time a goon posts i get more and more happy to see the big blue blob return on the map....and thats wrong its just wrong remember this before you post the next time zillah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

you're a faggot

Moist Bread uses buttered side down attack!
    Its super effective.

Advertisement