Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trish Stratus or Lita

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    quite unprofessional in the last year and a half of her career?

How so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

b.ie polar wrote: »
    How was she unprofessional? I thought the way she played a character that she wasn't entirely comfortable with speaks volumes of her professionalism. When Kristal was asked to play the same role she balked, and was rightly fired.

It was her unprofessionalism that got her in that situation where she had to play a character she wasn't entirely comfortable with.

Not only did she cheat on Matt Hardy, she did it with another WWE wrestler, making it the WWE's business. Matt Hardy was basically fired for her stupidity as Edge at the time was the more talented prospect.

The fans were booing her out of the building even before she was turned heel, she put the wwe in such a difficult position. The manner in which she was turned heel was her punishment, the wwe basically said 'you ****ed up and if you want to keep yourself in a job you have to do this'. It was her own fault for being in an uncomfortable storyline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭1408

She shouldnt have cheated on her boyfriend and if she did she shouldnt have done it with one of his co-workers. On top of that she should have NEVER allowed the WWE to make this public (and should have quit rather than allow her personal buisness on screen) and Matt Hardy should never have had to loose his job as a result of this stupidity

1408 wrote: »
    She shouldnt have cheated on her boyfriend and if she did she shouldnt have done it with one of his co-workers. On top of that she should have NEVER allowed the WWE to make this public (and should have quit rather than allow her personal buisness on screen) and Matt Hardy should never have had to loose his job as a result of this stupidity

He was more than just a co-worker he was one of Matt's close friends. The problem is that it got leaked on the internet. Fans were really hating on Lita and Edge during Raw shows so the WWE were in a difficult situation. She was offered a choice of walking away or helping the WWE make this difficult situation work on screen. She had to bite her lip to keep her job but I have no sympathy for her because as you said it was her stupidity that put her there.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

Matt Hardy was the one who leaked it to the internet if I recall.

He was the unprofessional one.

• Advertisement

So Matt Hardy was the unprofessional one for exposing his girlfriend as a skank?:rolleyes: Matt hardy was fired because it came down between him and Edge, NOT because he leaked their affair on the internet. Since this is the reason he was fired, it would have inevitably become public knowledge anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

It was her unprofessionalism that got her in that situation where she had to play a character she wasn't entirely comfortable with.

Not only did she cheat on Matt Hardy, she did it with another WWE wrestler, making it the WWE's business. Matt Hardy was basically fired for her stupidity as Edge at the time was the more talented prospect.

The fans were booing her out of the building even before she was turned heel, she put the wwe in such a difficult position. The manner in which she was turned heel was her punishment, the wwe basically said 'you ****ed up and if you want to keep yourself in a job you have to do this'. It was her own fault for being in an uncomfortable storyline.
    Her relationships are her private life. The only reason they became public was because someone else decided to blab.

As for the WWE being in a difficult position, the whole 'storyline' helped get Edge over as a super-heel, propelling him to Rated-R stardom, and becoming one of the biggest assets in the company. Alls I'll say is that the WWE must relish such 'difficult positions'.
    1408 wrote: »
    Frankly, I don't think its for either you or me or anyone else to make a judgement on who shoulda done what in their private life. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. The fact is, her private life was made public and rather than refusing to play along (like Kristal) she did the professional thing and did her job. She can do whatever she wants in her private life. I'm only concerned with how she performs on screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Mrs Roy Keane

Amy cheated on Matt with Adam and yes i agree she was wrong to cheat but Matt was also wrong to leak it all over the internet.

I think Amy acted really professional to work with this storyline and to work with Adam after all that happened.

It would have been nice for Lita to retire as women's champion

b.ie polar wrote: »
    Her relationships are her private life. The only reason they became public was because someone else decided to blab.

As for the WWE being in a difficult position, the whole 'storyline' helped get Edge over as a super-heel, propelling him to Rated-R stardom, and becoming one of the biggest assets in the company. Alls I'll say is that the WWE must relish such 'difficult positions'.

Ha ha, I needed a laugh, thanks for that. Someone blabed, yes her boyfriend. Her boyfriend of 5 years. Who was betrayed by her and one of his closest friends. Oh and did I mention he got FIRED not because of blabbing, but because it was simply 'easier' for the WWE to sack him instead of dealing with tension backstage? Let he without sin cast the first stone. You're right about that. I wouldn't judge someone for making a mistake. But I will criticise when you're mistakes gets someone fired from their job.

Edge was already well over as a heel and he has his feud with HBK to thank for that. Did Lita help? Sure, but it was something that was inevitably gonna happen, she just slightly accelerated it, that's all. And what actually propelled him to super-heel status was his feud with John Cena.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Ha ha, I needed a laugh, thanks for that. Someone blabed, yes her boyfriend. Her boyfriend of 5 years. Who was betrayed by her and one of his closest friends. Oh and did I mention he got FIRED not because of blabbing, but because it was simply 'easier' for the WWE to sack him instead of dealing with tension backstage? Let he without sin cast the first stone. You're right about that. I wouldn't judge someone for making a mistake. But I will criticise when you're mistakes gets someone fired from their job.

Edge was already well over as a heel and he has his feud with HBK to thank for that. Did Lita help? Sure, but it was something that was inevitably gonna happen, she just slightly accelerated it, that's all. And what actually propelled him to super-heel status was his feud with John Cena.
    1. I don't care how long they were going out for - its none of my business.

2. I don't care about who betrayed whom - its none of my business.

3. I don't think Amy and Adam getting together could be termed "a mistake".

4. I don't buy this stuff about Amy getting Matt fired. Matt and Adam have worked closely together since. And if they couldn't work together then it wouldn't have been difficult to keep them apart given the brand split.

5. Yeah, Edge was made a heel by virtue of his feud with HBK. But he became the Rated-R Superstar only with the help of Lita. It would be just silly to belittle the impact Lita had on Edge's career.

6. John Cena couldn't possibly propel anyone to super-heeldom when he gets such a mixed reaction himself.

Christ this has gone way off topic.

• Advertisement

John Cena is beloved by kids. His feud with Cena made him the super-heel in the minds of kids. I didn't belittle Lita's contibution to his character, I said she accelerated his development as a character, that's not belittling.

Amy having the affair with Adam was a mistake in the sense that if she fall in love with him she should have finished with Matt before having a relationship while on the road while Matt was out injured. Simple. Instead she created a messy situation where Hardy got fired. And when he got rehired he had to job to Edge and then be moved to SD! so I think there is still immense tension there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Amy having the affair with Adam was a mistake in the sense that if she fall in love with him she should have finished with Matt before having a relationship while on the road while Matt was out injured. Simple. .

Who would have thought that wrestlers cheat?

Spend 90 seconds with the Honky Tonk Man: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-_mr0SEyu4&feature=related

Seriously though, it was a LONG time ago and really while most things in wrestling our fair game to talk about, I think stuff like this is just silly to even debate. Only the people involved have a clue.

Who would have thought that wrestlers cheat?

Spend 90 seconds with the Honky Tonk Man: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-_mr0SEyu4&feature=related

Point being? He did the dirt on his wife and it is a disgrace. But there's a difference when you are in a long term relationship with another wrestler and you cheat on him. Lita should have known it was going to damage both their wrestling careers. Where's the responsibility?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Point being?

There's very few snow white innocent people in wrestling.

But wasnt Lita the community bike of ECW when she was there ? I can remember things about her sleeping with El Dandy to get ahead . Didnt work :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

El Dandy was in ECW?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Eire 4Ever

Why does Edge need a love interest anyways first Lita, Kristal (was asked but refused) and now Vickie.

He is way over as a heel and has great mic skills.

BTW i prefer Lita to Trish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

What happened to judging these two women on their wrestling careers rather than a personal relationship which was made public and (unfortunetly) turned into a storyline?? Get over it FFS!

Always been a Lita fan since she debuted in WWE, so my vote goes to Lita because she did change the way women were looked at in the ring for a long time. She was performing hurricaranas, moonsaults...moves which people hadn't seen women do. She paved the way for more of these performers.

I do have alot of respect for Trish as she was brought in as T&A but turned her career around and had a decent wrestling career.

And how ****ing many affairs happen backstage, who would have know about it if Matt Hardy didn't do his little rant.

I dont wish to talk too much about he who shall not be named. But he had an affair with the bookers wife and he didnt get fired because of it.

Many affairs have gone on backstage that we do not know about. Matt got fired because he made a stupid decision.

He got fired because his little rant ruined one Raw's main stories at that time. Lita being with Kane.

Anyway while I would Trish as being the better worker Lita was one of the few diva's whose match didnt become piss break time

apoch632 wrote: »
    And how ****ing many affairs happen backstage, who would have know about it if Matt Hardy didn't do his little rant.

I dont wish to talk too much about he who shall not be named. But he had an affair with the bookers wife and he didnt get fired because of it.

Many affairs have gone on backstage that we do not know about. Matt got fired because he made a stupid decision.

He got fired because his little rant ruined one Raw's main stories at that time. Lita being with Kane.

Anyway while I would Trish as being the better worker Lita was one of the few diva's whose match didnt become piss break time

You've got verification for that buddy? Amy Dumas did something that was unprofessional. She had an affair with Adam 'Edge' Copeland, one of the WWE's main superstars. How the **** did she not realise there would be big ramifications by having an affair with Edge, she was reckless. Not only was Edge a close friend of MH but he was a big star, as you said Dumas had a central role on Raw and MH was possibly about to become a big player. I am not saying Edge is blameless, he's just as bad, but they went into their affair totally ignorant of what would happen, something that was inevitable to happen.

And don't know who you think you're talking to, but check your attitude. You're talking **** if you think by having such a high profile affair, she was not unprofessional.

• Advertisement

You've got verification for that buddy?

He's talking about Benoit there. And that's as verified as it can possibly be
    How the **** did she not realise there would be big ramifications by having an affair with Edge, she was reckless.

Did HHH suffer ramifications for having an affair with Stephanie? Did Batista suffer ramifications for having an affair with Melina?

Their private lives are their private lives, can't judge them on them because we don't know all the facts

Fozzy wrote: »
    Did HHH suffer ramifications for having an affair with Stephanie? Did Batista suffer ramifications for having an affair with Melina?

Their private lives are their private lives, can't judge them on them because we don't know all the facts

In both those instances, was the one who was cheated on also a wrestler? Did it have a direct impact on any other wrestler outside of those involved, thus putting locker room harmony at a risk? The answer to both questions is simply 'no'.

In both those instances, was the one who was cheated on also a wrestler? Did it have a direct impact on any other wrestler outside of those involved, thus putting locker room harmony at a risk? The answer to both questions is simply 'no'.

HHH cheated on Chyna. I guess it did put locker room harmony at risk

Fozzy wrote: »
    HHH cheated on Chyna. I guess it did put locker room harmony at risk

Which eventually led to Chyna being fired:confused:

A similar situation of Triple H being in a position where he wouldn't suffer ramifications, like Edge. Chyna was seen simply as 'expendable' and was fired due to the unprofessionalism of Trips and Stephanie.

You've got verification for that buddy? Amy Dumas did something that was unprofessional. She had an affair with Adam 'Edge' Copeland, one of the WWE's main superstars. How the **** did she not realise there would be big ramifications by having an affair with Edge, she was reckless. Not only was Edge a close friend of MH but he was a big star, as you said Dumas had a central role on Raw and MH was possibly about to become a big player. I am not saying Edge is blameless, he's just as bad, but they went into their affair totally ignorant of what would happen, something that was inevitable to happen.

And don't know who you think you're talking to, but check your attitude. You're talking **** if you think by having such a high profile affair, she was not unprofessional.

Never said she wasnt unprofessional. All I am saying is that it is Matt Hardys own actions that got him fired. (Or at least paid a huge part in it).

Also she had an affair. So what. Its not enough to condemn the woman to hell in my eyes.

She was a good worker imo.

Also Chyna wasn't fired. She left because during contract negotiations she wanted the same level of pay as The Rock and Triple H. She choose to leave of her own accord. She certainly wasn't fired

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

While both Trish and Lita were great (and are greatly missed) I always thought Lita was better she took risks in the ring and had an original style

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

JP Liz wrote: »
    While both Trish and Lita were great (and are greatly missed) I always thought Lita was better she took risks in the ring and had an original style

Injured herself, and became a sloppy worker because of it.

Injured herself, and became a sloppy worker because of it.

Yes i agree she did injure herself but her moves were better especially her finishing move her DDT was better than the Chick Kick

JP Liz wrote: »
    Yes i agree she did injure herself but her moves were better especially her finishing move her DDT was better than the Chick Kick

Stratusphere and Stratusfaction were better than her DDT.

• Advertisement

OT

Which we be inducted first Lita or Trish?????

Both started in WWE around the same time and finished around the same time.

I'd like to see The Hardy Boyz (doubt it over the history) or Trish induct Lita and maybe Lita or Mae Young induct Trish

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement