Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bob Paisley Cup (5 a side Tournament)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Lads, just got some news after tonight's game, one of my uncles died this afternoon. Massive Heart Attack.

One of his daughters lives in Amsterdam, and she's pregnant, so with a Post Mortem expected tomorrow, and waiting on her to get clearance to fly, the funeral looks like being on Friday or Saturday :(

If it's Friday, there'll be a rather large session, and I'll be in no state for this tournament on Saturday morning, if it's Saturday, well obviously I'll be at it

So, I think Geoff will be ok for bringing the gear either way, it'll be the old gear we're using for this.

If the removal isn't til Saturday evening with the funeral on Monday, then I'll be there, that's doubtful though, I think.

I'll keep yiz updated anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Very sorry to hear that Des. If you need a hand with the gear or anything I'll be coming from out that way. And don't worry about making this. More important things in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Very sorry to hear that Des. If you need a hand with the gear or anything I'll be coming from out that way. And don't worry about making this. More important things in life.

Yeh, second that, sorry to hear that Des and let this tournament be the least of your worries.

If you send me on the list of numbers for texting, I'll sort this one out, and might use the list for training the week after.

Are you playing Sat Jules?

Yeh, second that, sorry to hear that Des and let this tournament be the least of your worries.

If you send me on the list of numbers for texting, I'll sort this one out, and might use the list for training the week after.
    Yeah thanks lads.

Jules, I'll get numbers and stuff for you tomorrow.

Martin, I'm 75% certain Geoff is going to this, so he'll be driving. Maybe you could even scab a lift.

He only arrived back from a trip this evening, so I'll more than likely see him tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Sad news Des, pass on my condolances to the family. sorry to hear this. Dont worry bout Boards, we are big enough to look after ourselves.

Yeh Des, if you're talking to him ask him could he give me a lift. No worries if he cant. And don't worry too much about organising anything. Give Jules the numbers.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Sorry to hear that Des.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

very sorry to hear that Des. May he rest in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

You might want to change that rule Dub13, we wouldnt want to see everyone crowded in the box together at once...you saw what happened when scousers try that last night!!! :D

• Advertisement

Yeh Des, if you're talking to him ask him could he give me a lift. No worries if he cant. And don't worry too much about organising anything. Give Jules the numbers.

Where you going from? I can give you a lift if it's DCU

You might want to change that rule Dub13, we wouldnt want to see everyone crowded in the box together at once...you saw what happened when scousers try that last night!!! :D

:mad::mad:

Where you going from? I can give you a lift if it's DCU

Cheers Shay. Yeh I'm heading from DCU.

love it. your one funny c*nt you know that. the long/high ball rule is also a bit anti liverpool style aint it :p;)

updated squad lads?

Me
    Art (injured??????)
    Larry??
    Geoff??
    Shay
    Martin
    Jules.

anybody else?

Mikie - injured
    Dave - playing 11 a side

love it. your one funny c*nt you know that. the long/high ball rule is also a bit anti liverpool style aint it :p;)
    homerjay2005.

Do not turn the Boards.ie Team Forum into a EPL Teams rant please.

Next one to post about either Liverpool or ManYoo is getting banned.

For the rest of this (Boardeaux) season.

Are we at the stage were we need to get mates for this?

Simon said he was in too

Are we at the stage were we need to get mates for this?
    Er no.

Ed
    Art
    Shay
    Martin
    Simon
    Jules
    Geoff
    Larry

I think are all going.

Dub13, i'll have to rule myself out if that score inside the box is implemented. Sorry to be a cúnt, but I just take no enjoyment at all from games played that way.

Dub13, i'll have to rule myself out if that score inside the box is implemented. Sorry to be a cúnt, but I just take no enjoyment at all from games played that way.

Its looking like it will be changed so will not be a prob.

• Advertisement

good to hear, it'll be a lot more enjoyable without it.

shay, you of all people should not be worried about where you can and cant score from :D

DesF wrote: »
    homerjay2005.

Do not turn the Boards.ie Team Forum into a EPL Teams rant please.

Next one to post about either Liverpool or ManYoo is getting banned.

For the rest of this (Boardeaux) season.

errm, shay started that, not me, i only replied. boo to you desmond.

can we give out about city so? leeds? atarijaguar :D

shay, you of all people should not be worried about where you can and cant score from :D

I can score anywhere Ed, coppers,flannerys, all the usual places that I'm sure you're familiar with :D

He was in Flannery's last night.:pac:

I can score anywhere Ed, coppers,flannerys, all the usual places that I'm sure you're familiar with :D

Now that you're a Guard do you get a free pass into Coppers with a coupon for two free shags??

I certainly hope so! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Just after getting drawn in a cup in college at 2 on sat.

I'll still play in the group stages but i'll have to head off at 12.30 (the time we are supposed to finish our group matches) to make it to my other match

I dont mind if ye wanna replace me with somebody else who would be around should we get any further

so, are we ok for defo? as in, is everybody on this list going ya? what about the gear? we have a decent 8, to have dan/sav/gav/dave etc would have made us a better team, however, we are ok. should at least make it out of our group.

Ed - yes
    Art - yes
    Shay - yes
    Martin - yes
    Simon - yes
    Jules - yes
    Geoff - ?
    Larry - ?

• Advertisement

Geoff isn't going.

Larry said he deffo was.

I'll PM you and Jules the numbers...ok?

I deffo can't go, the funeral is at 11 mass in the morning.

Advertisement