Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bob Paisley Cup (5 a side Tournament)

Options
  • 04-03-2008 12:56pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I would like to invite any players from here to enter our 5 a side Tournament,its looking like we will have a couple of teams from boards and seems as you guys are the 'official boards team' it would be nice to have you guys represented.

Here is the info as we have it,I will post back when all detail's are confirmed.

Bob Paisley Cup

Venue Astro Park Tallaght
    Date 26th April
    Times to be confirmed once we have teams finalised

Irishkop are proud to be supporting our fellow Reds on www.onthekop.com and there initiative to raise funds to build a memorial to honour Bob Paisley in his home town of Hetton-le-Hole.

As a way of raising money we are going to hold a 5 a side tournament called The Bob Paisley Cup and we are looking for your support.

Those looking to enter a team the following applies

*Team to consist of a minimum of 5 players plus subs
    *There will be a round robin group stage followed by knockout semi-finals and final. Each team will play a minimum of 3 matches.
    *Anyone who wants to take part but cannot put a full team together we still want you to put your name down and we can organise you into teams
    *This is not restricted to members you can ask mates to take part we want to raise as much as we can.
    *The cost to enter will be €20 per Player
    *All monies must be paid in advance. Please PM Pam for payment details
    *When applying please send details of the team consisting of names of other players and how many
    *If you have no team and you want us to organise you into a team please state clearly that you have no team
    *Entry & payments must be in before Friday 11th April that means it has to reach our account on this date.
    *General 5 aside rules will apply

Please don't use this thread as discussion on your football skills but if you have a question that needs answering post it up and if we can answer it we will.

We also would like volunteers to help out with whatever they can & if anyone has contacts in any of the astroparks or other astro turf pitches that can get us a good rate would mean more money going to the fund.

So dust off those astro turf runners and get in here

We might not be able to give you a knighthood Bob but we sure as hell are going to give you a memorial that you well deserve.

Lads this is your club and Paisley along with Shanks are the 2 greatest managers we ever had lets put Bob up their in his rightful place as a true legend of Liverpool FC. Any help at all will go a long way to achieving our goal as Ian said in the video its a fan initiative and its only us as fans that can make it work.

Thanks from All the Mods & organisers on Irishkop

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Ok I'm not familiar with any Bob Paisley fund so where's the cash going? Also is there any actual prize for the winning team or is it just a case of throwing a few bob into a charity kinda thing?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Sorry I should have explained it in more detail.This clip from LFC.TV will explain it all.

Link

We have not finalized the prize structure yet but I will post more when I get the info.

Maybe I'm ridiculously short sighted, but would the onus not be on LFC to fund something like this rather than the fans? Maybe that's talk for another forum...

Tournament sounds interesting, no doubt it'll be mentioned at the match tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Savman wrote: »
    Tournament sounds interesting, no doubt it'll be mentioned at the match tonight.
    Aye, that it will. :)

Maybe I'm ridiculously short sighted, but would the onus not be on LFC to fund something like this rather than the fans? Maybe that's talk for another forum...

Clubs these days do not like to do things like this as they see it as setting a precedent and they would have to do it for loads of ex managers and players.

The tournament is starting to take shape now with a couple of teams promising to come down from the north.

• Advertisement

We put a team into an event last summer in UCD too, I'd say you could count one at least one Boardeaux team.

Also, seeing as I won't be playing, if you need refs or any help with running things on the day, I'd be more than happy to help :)

DesF wrote: »
    We put a team into an event last summer in UCD too, I'd say you could count one at least one Boardeaux team.

Also, seeing as I won't be playing, if you need refs or any help with running things on the day, I'd be more than happy to help :)

Thats good.We may take you up on the offer of helping out its starting to become a monster we are getting teams promised to come from all over the place,in saying that its one thing getting promised a team and another thing them showing up.

Dub13 wrote: »
    its one thing getting promised a team and another thing them showing up.
    Have them pay half in advance.

Easy, then if they don't arrive, you have at least half the money promised :)

Set up an account, provide the people with Account Number and Sort Code.

Have them pay half in advance.

Easy, then if they don't arrive, you have at least half the money promised :)

Set up an account, provide the people with Account Number and Sort Code.

We have that in hand,have an account set up already for people to pay into for trips we run.

Thats good.We may take you up on the offer of helping out
    You don't know what you're getting into :eek:
    DesF wrote:

• Advertisement

You don't know what you're getting into :eek:
    :D

I reffed games in the 5-a-side comt in UCD last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

ya, ill hope to play, im away for 5 weeks, but april 26th should be good for me....not happy about contributing to a liverpool fund, but kicking a few scousers fans (and one or 2 in particular on the main forum ere) should make it well worth while;)

The Venue has now been confirmed as Astro Park,Tallaght.We can also now confirm the date is 26th April.

Bah I'll be away. Besides I don't like Tallaght anyway.

did ye talk about this last night?

who else is in? im looking forward to kicking some scousers.....i have one prat from the soccer forum in mind already!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I am up for this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

Yeah id be on for this. Remember to leave your wallets/valuables at home though lads, there'll be scousers at this! :eek:

Yeah id be on for this. Remember to leave your wallets/valuables at home though lads, there'll be scousers at this! :eek:

:D:D...but we all know we can play ball.

I hope a team of Liverpool fans win this.

Actually real life Scousers or Mick from Finglas who owns 2500 euros worth of Liverpool leisurewear?

• Advertisement

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Actually real life Scousers or Mick from Finglas who owns 2500 euros worth of Liverpool leisurewear?

People who post about Liverpool on the Soccer forum.

Ed has an unhealthy obsession with them.

He does text me about them and all. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'm on for this, not mad about the cause but a game of ball is a game of ball so sounds good to me

Good stuff lads....how many teams do you think you can muster up.

I'd imagine we'd be able to get two teams together. Definitely one anyway

Good stuff lads....how many teams do you think you can muster up.
    Deffo one.

Do you mind if I forward the arrangement details on to my brother, I reckon him and his mates might be interested...

Deffo one.

Do you mind if I forward the arrangement details on to my brother, I reckon him and his mates might be interested...

Please do...its shaping up to be a good day,we may need your Ref experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Fatmag

I'll play too

Please do...its shaping up to be a good day,we may need your Ref experience.
    Pfft.

i will make no secret of the fact that i hate scousers and anything that supports them, the english government being one:D. (with the odd exception like art and kenny and the likes also:D).

• Advertisement

i will make no secret of the fact that i hate scousers and anything that supports them, the english government being one:D. (with the odd exception like art and kenny and the likes also:D).
    Yeah, we get it Ed.

Change the record will you.

Advertisement